LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    0340-3497-6441-4373
    the tv i was looking to buy was either a 26" sanyo lcd hdtv from wal-mart for $500 or a 26" polaroid lcd hdtv which was around $600 i think.both have mid decent reviews

Member #
    Friends
    My 19" Westinghouse rocks. +1 to the other guy that has it as well.

I'd buy another Westinghouse TV no problem. They are definitely the best price:quality TV's out there.
    Xbox live tag: Terrador

Ty.
    Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Spyro
    My 19" Westinghouse rocks. +1 to the other guy that has it as well.

I'd buy another Westinghouse TV no problem. They are definitely the best price:quality TV's out there.
    yep, it was the best looking when sitting next to the other tv's

And I was actually looking at at the poloroid tv, and the picture quality sucked compared to my westinghouse, and the looks of the poloroid tv its self arent that great.
    Hardware: Wii, 4 wiimotes, 1 nunchuck, 1 clasic controller

Games: MP8, Sports, Play, Og Super Mario, Mario Cart 64.

Sig pic by Torchik

Member #
    Friends
    I recently bought a 32" Vizio HDTV from our local walmart. The thing looks amazing! I paid under $600 for it normal price.

Member #
    Friends
    Whatever you end up getting, please calibrate the picture settings properly. None of this full brightness nonsense . Either a calibration disc like Avia or some recommended settings from CNET work just fine. There's a professional calibration service too, but it's a bit of an overkill for your case.

Member #
    Friends
    LCD all the way

Member #
    Friends
    Man,

a lot of people really don't know their stuff OP, please don't just go by these opinions.. research yourself a bit more. Ofcourse, if you have the interest the best place for these is http://avsforum.com there's enormous information there.

firstly, Burn-in is no longer an issue with Plasmas. There's minimal effect, and if there is, it's perhaps over several years before which you'll junk the TV for a new one. But there's no way you're going to get a good plasma for 600 bucks!! You'll have to go over 1000 bucks.

For medium (32inch or less) there are LCDs available these days which might be good bets.

If you want 50inch+ excellent values can be had in rear-projection sets like DLP or LCD projection HDTVs. These have pictures every bit as good as "direct view" LCDs and plasmas but are much cheaper because it's cheaper to manufacture them. One disadvantage is that since the screen is a sheet of plastic if you throw things at it it will break lot easier than a direct LCD or plasma monitor. But otherwise, around 700-1200 bucks you'll get fantastic 50-60 inch monitor and DVDs/TV or games will be fantastic.

Member #
    Friends
    I've been reading several avs posts and some articles that the DLP bulbs have a much shorter lifespan than advertised. Something like replacing them every 1.5-2 yrs instead of 2-3x that. Just a FYI to look into it if you go DLP .

Member #
    Friends
    I got a 32-inch Olevia LCD from Circuit City for $649. Before that I had a 27-inch. Amazing TV for the price and it has high marks from consumer reports. Unless you plan on dropping over 1k, dont pay for a samsung or sony. You can get a much larger olevia/ westinghouse/ vizio for the same price as a 26 inch samsung/ sony/ sharp.

just dont be a sucker and buy the extended warranty. you get a 1-year manufacturers warranty from those companies and if a TV is going to be broken it will be DOA or will break in the first 30 days.

Member #
    Friends
    8193-4915-4160-2184
    You can check out like a bestbuy, circuitcity or frys website to find all great kinds of good tvs you wanna check out as well and even on the newspaper ads too... make sure you get like a LCD HDTV or something.

Wii Friend Code: 8193-4915-4160-218
    PS3 PSN ID: Hayato510
    XB360 Gamertag: Hayato510

Ads