LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by LevesqueIsKing
    I was going to buy one of these the day I got my wii. I still don't have one.

The only reason I don't have one is that I was told that you should only charge them when they are completely dead, thus defeating the purpose of being able to always have a full charge. They said that if you put them on the charger whenever you want that it hurts the battery life.

Can anyone comment on this? Are you really supposed to only charge them when they're dead?
    That was more of a concern with older type rechargable batteries (the old NiCad types mainly). Newer rechargables are not totally immune, but it's much less of an issue, something that you don't really need to worry about.

Member #
    Friends
    I use the new "Hybrid" rechargeable batteries. They last a lot longer than regular rechareables. Plus they don't lose their charge when they're not being used either.

Member #
    Friends
    2328-3260-7811-1534
    Quote Originally Posted by laurie_lu
    I use the new "Hybrid" rechargeable batteries. They last a lot longer than regular rechareables. Plus they don't lose their charge when they're not being used either.
    Cool. I use both personally, standard rechargeable batteries in two Wii Remotes and the Nyco charger for the other two. The standard charger is cheaper, and don't see the point in investing a charging stand that is twice the price of regular recharger when two of the four is used less frequently.

On the other hand the first two are used almost constantly. The Wii is played between 3 to 8 hours a day and these Wii Remotes are up and down off the charging stand all day. This is where the Nyco charger really shines, as we don't have to worry about having to swap batteries mid-game due to discharge so the fun remains continuous. Swapping the other two's batteries before a four player session has made this setup perfect.

"Real Men Wii Standing Up"

An Instant Classic LevesqueIsKing's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Quote Originally Posted by Skippy
    That was more of a concern with older type rechargable batteries (the old NiCad types mainly). Newer rechargables are not totally immune, but it's much less of an issue, something that you don't really need to worry about.
    Thank you
    Not to fit a mold,
    Not to join a trend,
    Not to follow a crowd

Member #
    Friends
    5701-4561-7633-7008
    i have rechargeable batteries and it get's annoying cause i always forget to charge them, iw as going to get this but than i already have the rechargeable batteries so i would feel that it would be wasted money

i think i'm going to get a big box of double a batteries and that'll last me for when i get unexpected company over and what not

the mario that's roomed with mush
    my wii is not connected to the internet, so i can't play brawl online for a bit....please do not spam inbox with friend code requests

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by mushroomedmario
    i think i'm going to get a big box of double a batteries and that'll last me for when i get unexpected company over and what not
    Or grab a quicker charger. Duracell and Energizer both have models that charge within 15-20 min.

Where is your god now? zapasant's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    2887-9874-6238-6951
    i got one of these, only its a different brand, they are a good money saver....belive me........whoever doesnt haveone should really think about picking one up
    PSN ID: zapasant93

Member #
    Friends
    I got the Psyclone brand because it was cheaper, and it lights up while it's charging so you know if it's done or not. In my opinion, there definitely worth it.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Remove Ads

Ads