LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    it's probably a conspiracy.

think it about it... nintendo has profited ridiculously from the Wii. if nintendo is the only company releasing good games for its system, well then it's going to profit even more ridiculously.

if third parties dont make decent titles for the Wii, then nintendo stands to make even more money. I'm sure 75% + people who own a Wii will by Super Mario Galaxy, Super Smash Bros. Brawl, and Mariokart.

WiiChat Writer
    WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    0409-5781-9484-0073
    Quote Originally Posted by Squall7
    Galaxy, Brawl and Mario Kart not enough for you? Can't really say anything about third party titles, because they've not yet proven their quality in as much depth as Nintendo (which everybpdy trusts to bring out AAA titles), but some really do look very promising.

I have to ask, you always seem so down on the Wii. If it doesn't hold your interest, why does bitching on it seem to make it up for you?
    What he's trying to say is that 3rd party developers need to improve on making games. In my opinion I've seen no games from the 3rd party that really made me say "wow, that was a good game".

Many 3rd party games on the Gamecube looked very promising but ended up playing like crap.

Many of us saw a great future for the Wii a month in when it was released. Now it's almost a year old, and we have not seen anything eye-catching. Also some things Nintendo promised us never happened...

Don't get me wrong, Nintendo makes fantastic games, but they need some
    support or else the console won't succeed later in life.

if third parties dont make decent titles for the Wii, then nintendo stands to make even more money. I'm sure 75% + people who own a Wii will by Super Mario Galaxy, Super Smash Bros. Brawl, and Mariokart.
    I don't see how Nintendo would make more money if third parties make crap games...wouldn't they lose money? People will own most of Nintendo games, but most people can't just live with those, we have to have some other content outside of Nintendo.
    Last edited by RivalDestiny; 10-18-2007 at 04:22 PM.

Xbox Live: RivalDestiny
    PSN: RivalDestiny
    Wii FC: 0409 5781 9484 0073

Member #
    Friends
    hmm, well the decrease in sales is probably because a lot of people have it now. . . strange a couple months ago I read a lot of dovelopers were becoming more confident in doveloping for the wii. . .

can't really know what to trust, I do know a few impotant people have expressed intrest in the potential of the wii in interviews though.

EDIT: one more thing, instead of worrying maybe they should concentrate on making better games, and it's seems kind of hard to be worried about a console that is one of the fastest selling ones yet.
    Last edited by JAKE196; 10-18-2007 at 04:22 PM.
    Wii games: Super Mario Galaxy, Metroid Prime 3, Resident Evil 4, Zelda TP, SSX: Blur, Excite Truck, The Godfather, and Mario Kart Wii
    PC games: Call of Duty 4, Halo 1, UT3, F.E.A.R., and The Orange Box.
    PS3 games: Ratchet and Clank F.T.O.D., Resistance 2, Wipeout HD, and MGS4.

Member #
    Friends
    8420-0141-9022-6948
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiingman
    it's probably a conspiracy.
    Usually conspiracies are based upon evidence (whether legitimate or not - and more than someone elses' opinions).

think it about it... nintendo has profited ridiculously from the Wii. if nintendo is the only company releasing good games for its system, well then it's going to profit even more ridiculously.
    So you think Nintendo are paying other developers NOT to do a good game...? It's only logical to assume that Nintendo has the best games on a Nintendo system because they know exactly how they can push their system, and obviously are more aware of audiences (selling hardware and software is more difficult than simply selling software).

Actually, the more Nintendo makes available to third parties, the more they can make instead of their competition. A lot of people won't make multiple console purchases if they don't have to, and if some Nintendo games don't appeal to them, then they have to try and rely on third party devs.

Quote Originally Posted by rivaldestiny
    What he's trying to say is that 3rd party developers need to improve on making games. In my opinion I've seen no games from the 3rd party that really made me say "wow, that was a good game".
    Maybe not "wow, that was a good game", but surely you have seen a third party titles that's coming soon that you think might be really fun? Ghost Squad, Umbrella Chronicles, Zack and Wiki, Worms, Medal of Honour Heroes 2, No More Heroes, Sadness, Red Steel 2, etc... I mean, I get what you mean about third party titles out now, but now we're just seeing the tail end of the first wave of games. I think this christmas, we'll begin to see some second party titles, and some do look promising (or at least I think so).

Many 3rd party games on the Gamecube looked very promising but ended up playing like crap.
    Which ones did you have in mind whilst saying that? Personally, I enjoyed the gamecube, it's just that it was against the powerhouse of PS2, and the classic Nintendo games seemed to have got drowned out...

Many of us saw a great future for the Wii a month in when it was released. Now it's almost a year old, and we have not seen anything eye-catching. Also some things Nintendo promised us never happened...
    Yet... To be honest, I'm willing to wait for some of those promised features if it means that they work well right away.

I agree, but then I feel that the Wii is getting more support than the Gamecube had, even if devs are still a little unsure about it.
    Last edited by Squall7; 10-18-2007 at 04:31 PM.

Mail me if you want to add me on either the Wii or the 360.

Member #
    Friends
    The logic in the article is all ass-backwards.

You've got a potential consumer base of 12M people who are hungry for games, representative 3rd party titles like RE4 that sell 800,000+ copies (with a limited target demographic) and THIS is the market you want to abandon?

The real metric here is software sales (*ahem* yes, this is a side effect of pirating games) - if good titles can hit a sales target of 10% of the Wii owners, even if another Wii was never sold, you're looking at ~1.2M units.

I would think the cost of doing business in the Wii game industry would be cheaper than the 360 or PS3 - the latter have much more complex development costs and far longer time-to-market.

Anyone have any average software sales per platform information?
    "I want to be more like the ocean, no talking, all action"
    - Jane's Addiction

"Ga-blaaaaagh!!"
    - Liliane Eva

"The grammar corrections around here are officially old and tired."
    - Celeste

Member #
    Friends
    1830-2062-7374-0757
    I don't like how starved we are of serious rpgs and shooters. I don't want to bang on Square or EA but they release titles with kid-like characters like My Sims or Chronicles. It's almost like companies think they can make block busters for the other two systems then come to the Wii and make games that appeal to kids.

It's almost like a conspiracy and I'm starting to think that more and more. Nintendo consoles are always companied with horrible NickeloadianSP type games. I honestly think that the big N needs to create something more mature beyond Zelda or Metroid. I also think that they are stuck up. It seems like they are convinced that Mario games is what everybody wants.

I have pushed Nintendo to the side recently. I want to slash or snipe more animated objects in the head.

Member #
    Friends
    5574-4537-7049-7984
    I think that they are worried because the Wii is ancient technology. Yeah the wiimote is cool, but all we have been getting are ports with waggle support. Twilight Princess falls in that category also yep! There has been nothing AAA or must have coming to Wii except for Nintendo franchises. There's also the random shovelware coming to Wii that nobody has heard about. I like the Wii's potential, but if we don't get anything substantial post Metroid, Galaxy, and Brawl, then we have another Gamecube on our hands.

Member #
    Friends
    1606-9696-7776-6446
    I read a similar article on IGN and it's just totally stupid.

If the 3rd party developers would quit being wusses(what is the plural of wuss?) and actually make a DECENT game with GOOD looking graphics, generally people would buy their games. Also, spending time on the control scheme is important. People aren't going to want a game that is poorly developed.

I promise if they improved their output, the third party profits will go up.

I'm fairly confident that if games like Manhunt 2 and Trauma Center live up to their hype and do really well, other 3rd party developers will see it's possible, and worth it to produce better quality games

Member #
    Friends
    5481-6878-4567-7796
    Quote Originally Posted by RivalDestiny

I don't see how Nintendo would make more money if third parties make crap games...wouldn't they lose money? People will own most of Nintendo games, but most people can't just live with those, we have to have some other content outside of Nintendo.

Resident Evil 4 deserves a "wow, that's a good game" ^_^

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Squall7
    All very subjective though. Also depends on your social circles. Personally, I know quite a few people that are still playing about with their Wii's, maybe not on a daily basis, but definately often enough to warrant their purchase. Also, most of them are looking forward to titles that are coming out over this holiday. Then, of course, there's still those ones that haven't had the opportunity or money to get themselves a Wii yet...

I think you shot yourself in the foot there. Most people that own a Wii that I've ever talked to is either looking forward to a game that is coming over the christmas peroid or before or many of them. And I'm sorry that I haven't got your taste in games, but I don't really see anything released as of yet that has really sold me on the 360.

Whoa, you're forgetting that all consoles usually have dry summers. And secondly, that's rubbish. There's plenty of third party titles that people are looking forward to.

Galaxy, Brawl and Mario Kart not enough for you? Can't really say anything about third party titles, because they've not yet proven their quality in as much depth as Nintendo (which everybpdy trusts to bring out AAA titles), but some really do look very promising.

I have to ask, you always seem so down on the Wii. If it doesn't hold your interest, why does bitching on it seem to make it up for you?
    half my post was about third party. there are NO AAA titles from third party devs on the wii, there were. nintendo did get mp3 at the end of summer but thats a AAA title from nintendo but once they beat that and are done with it, what do they do? look forward to the next AAA title, which would be another nintendo game, yes this is mostly the third parties fault but its also ingrained in the nintendo fans head to constantly look forward to the next AAA title being released by nintendo.
    AAA titles define consoles and yes there are great games coming but all the AAA titles are from nintendo and nintendo cant hold keep people hooked with just their games, as history shows.

your last comment is totally unneeded, its your fault you missed the entirety of my post--and who cares if this is down on the wii? this article is DOWN on the wii, obviously it seems like things that i put out--which mostly arent my personal opinions or opinions at all is right on.
    Last edited by Sovieto; 10-18-2007 at 05:29 PM.

Everything in this signature except for this text was made by Wiired, he is my creator and almighty.

Ads