Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    come to the dark side.... dark samus's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    7159-9733-2785-0220
    is this in a school library cause if it is, your schools freaking awesome!

guitar hero friend code: 451091730984
    PM me if you wanna add me.

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    glue it to the wall!

glue gun.
    Wii games: Super Mario Galaxy, Metroid Prime 3, Resident Evil 4, Zelda TP, SSX: Blur, Excite Truck, The Godfather, and Mario Kart Wii
    PC games: Call of Duty 4, Halo 1, UT3, F.E.A.R., and The Orange Box.
    PS3 games: Ratchet and Clank F.T.O.D., Resistance 2, Wipeout HD, and MGS4.

purposless Junior Member dynacrylic's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by dark samus
    is this in a school library cause if it is, your schools freaking awesome!
    yeah, it's a college library
    "Insanity in individuals is something rare - but in groups, parties, nations and epochs, it is the rule." -Nietzsche

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by smyth
    no problem.
    If you have any local department or game store shutting down i'm sure you can find something if they're selling their fixtures. Or call their corporate office and see if they'll tell you where they get them from. Worst thing they can do is say "no we can't tell you that".
    Inestead of getting just brackets to secure it i would get some kind of case and secure it over it for the reasons that byuakuya mentioned. and maybe have an opening in the case for the power/reset buttons. if you aren't changing games in the wii you won't really need a case that opens easily. and if you do use just metal brackets just make sure that you pad them and leave a few millimeters of space for the "shake". the way i would do that is put 2 brackets going across eache way on a peice of plywood or shelf or something. Chosen properly and properly installed you could situate them so that you have use of all the functions except the gamecube controller/memory card slots.
    If you want i can quickly draw a diagram in Paint, but i'm pretty sure you'll get what i'm saying. still though i think you're best bet would be a formidable locking cabinet.

kyle

just found this http://cgi.ebay.com/ACRYLIC-TAPERED-...QQcmdZViewItem

it looks like if you take the shelves out and drill some holes for the cables that'll do that job for you. With something like that though just remember if someone really wants to they can get it out of there, so i'd still keep an eye on people in that room and check the room after each person is done. sucks that you can't trust people these days.
    thanks for all the suggestions smyth
    "Insanity in individuals is something rare - but in groups, parties, nations and epochs, it is the rule." -Nietzsche

Member #
    Friends
    I contacted a couple stores and they recommended I call Nintendo. I called 3 different numbers at Nintendo, one being their front desk, and eventually got transfered to their Nintendo Wii Retailer Display hotline. There I was told that only certain retailers could purchase the display unit.

I called a gamestop and one of the clerks said he would contact his nintendo sales rep. i got his message this morning and even he said that neither he or his nintendo rep could sell a nintendo display.

Looks like we'll have to make something

Member #
    Friends
    Still on the prowl for ideas... don't be shy

Member #
    Friends
    3517-9799-4262-2418
    Quote Originally Posted by dynacrylic
    Still on the prowl for ideas... don't be shy

what kind of budget are you on?

Kyle

I am fast. To give you a reference point, I'm somewhere between a snake and a mongoose. And a panther.
    ~Argue for your limitations,and they're yours...
    -Feel free to add my wii and send me a message and i'll add you back
    -Mario Strikers Charged: 442495 403215
    -MoH: H2 Persona- DexterMorgan114

Don't believe his lies. KyleForMe's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    5710-8093-1849-3803
    I've worked at a public library and dealt with issues of checking out early gen ipods and Hp laptops, so I'm familiar with your issue. What I suggest is you setup a TV wallmount perch like this one:
    http://www.amazon.com/OMNIMOUNT-TVM-...4638626&sr=8-7

And have that set at a height that requires a step stool to reach it. I would then also band it to the tv stand. However I obviously don't know the layout of where it will be located, so if there was the potential for someone to grab and run without being spotted, then this wouldn't be the safest method from theft. Otherwise it would avoid an easy grab.

What I feel is actually the most desirable solution is obtaining a display case similar to those used at stores like Bestbuy and Gamestop. Because the wii does not require you to actually touch the system to turn it on and off, there is no need to have easy access to it. If your planning on keeping pretty much the same game in all the time, then again access to the wii is not really an issue. Obviously the only issue is that it is close enough to maintain contact with the controllers. But if Nintendo isn't helpful nor any retailers in locating one of these for you, then obviously its not really an option.

One other idea I have is using an entertainment center shelf unit with a locking glass door. I looked on a few websites for an example, but wasn't too lucky. However I think some of these are still made. It would be visually appealing and access to the wii would be simplistic for staff. Also given the Wii's size, heat buildup wouldn't be an issue in a compartment meant to fill two layers of DVD units, receivers, etc...

Anyway thats just my 3 cents.

Ads