Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by [DT]
    "Hardcore Gamer"

Hahaha, sorry this label has been cracking me up

Isn't that an oxymoron?
    Heh someone else that hates the term... Oh man did I hate it when people talked about it left and right on Nsiders... I never understood what they were talking about because it was like throwing around the word "IT"... WHAT IS "IT"?

I guess not so much hardcore gamer, but hardcore games... I hated the debates over what games were... "hardcore"... it was ridiculous.
    Battalion Wars FC: 189 093 449 178

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    6069-9016-3559-6279
    Apparently franchises made in the 80s and Sandboxes or FPSs are hardcore. I love the term. Renx nailed it. The Wii has no original Sandboxes, and is drifting away from Ninty's main franchises to like uhhh not-game videogames.
    Last edited by Monsteroids; 10-22-2007 at 11:06 PM.

Brawl Punching Bag

Chibi Asuka!!
    ------

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    So as with every nintendo console since **** knows when, The wii is questioned as being a childs toy.

I'd like to say, that fun is ageless.

Woah, Censorship

The King of Fox's Fox MattCloud's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    I have to totally disagree with the fact that wii is a kids console. The hardcore games are just beginning, we have metroid prime 3 coming out on 26th october, mario galaxy next month, resident evil umbrella chronicles next month, smash bros and nights next year, and zack and wiki looks quite hardcore in my opinion. i'm sure there will be more than that coming out over the next year. most of those game, kids will probably play on, but its the hardcore gamer that will care the most.

Member #
    Friends
    Since when was violence considered mature in any case?

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by StumpedV.2
    Since when was violence considered mature in any case?
    Since the generation of kids that owned PS2 as their first system...
    Oh and the first mortal kombat... I still remeber watching an interview with the creator... It was supposed to be just another low budget game that made a quick buck but it exploded due to all the gore... The game took like less than a month to make and wasn't any more in depth than other fighters at the time... It just had ALL SORTS of BLOOD.
    Battalion Wars FC: 189 093 449 178

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by TiwazTyrsfist
    For some reason, there is a very vocal subset of FPS gamers (The so-called "Hardcore" gamers) who feel that marketing games other than FPS games some how invalidates a system.

Wii has over a dozen T rated FPS games, and half a dozen M rated FPS games, with more coming, but since they also market games aimed at other groups, like party games, Zelda, and Mario, this somehow makes Wii a 'kiddie console'.

They also tend to say that RPGs are stupid and pointless.

I'm sure that somewhere there's a group of FPS gamers who have quit pleasuring themselves over a copy of Halo 3 just long enough to make a dozen forum posts about how Beautiful Katimari is killing the XBox 360.
    Just to clear things up, hardcore gaming is not a subset of FPS. There are hardcore FPS, RTS, MMO, RPG players (pretty much every genre). The meaning "hardcore" has nothing to do with what genre you play.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by NS_Tr4mpld
    Since the generation of kids that owned PS2 as their first system...
    Oh and the first mortal kombat... I still remeber watching an interview with the creator... It was supposed to be just another low budget game that made a quick buck but it exploded due to all the gore... The game took like less than a month to make and wasn't any more in depth than other fighters at the time... It just had ALL SORTS of BLOOD.
    Helicopter up above!

Ads