LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]

Wii - A kid's console?

Couldnt help noticing as I was browsing www.gamespot's wii section that there are mostky cartoons promoting different franchises.I know there are some shooters in the pipeline but seriousely - this is a console with games mostly for the younger ones - isnt it?
    ================================================== ===================================

Currently Playing: Resident Evil 4

================================================== ===================================

My Wii Games:

Wii Play - CoD 3 - Godfather - Tiger Woods 07 & 08 - RE 4 - MoH Vanguard - Red Steel - Metroid Prime Corruption - Splinter Cell Double Agent - Far Cry Vengeance - Scareface -

Member #
    Friends
    No it is for everyone even hardcore gamers thats why the Wii had so many Product Sales but yeah most of the games are for kids but some games are just for everyone you know? like Wii Sports for everyone, Resident Evil 4 mostly for Teens/Young Adults, Zelda for everyone.......
    KryKidd

Member #
    Friends
    4404-4121-0239-3822
    Nah the Wii is mostly for everyone as he said it is even for hardcore gamers like me. Tehe anyway nah the Wii is great and it is so far the best system out there.

Member #
    Friends
    Although Nintendo themselves mainly concentrate on "kiddy" games, at least they don't stop third parties publishing more mature titles like back in the SNES days. There's Resident Evil 4, Metroid Prime 3, Godfather: Blackhand Edition, Red Steel, etc., none of which could be described as kid's games.

I never add friend codes.

Quote Originally Posted by AndThen?
    @ROB64 - The longer you spend on this forum, the more you realise that Napalmbrain knows a lot about everything.

Member #
    Friends
    Yes, i've noticed that too. But it's not a kid's console. This image of the wii being for everyone is pretty much true (that includes hardcore). Right now, wii is very mainstream, but hardcore titles are hitting soon (bwii) (MOH H2) (Super Mario Galaxy) and (smash 2008). Plus all the other Napalmbrain mentioned.
    I have strikers PM if you wanna play
    Brawl FC: 373791872330
    Bwii FC:184798481849
    EA Nation Persona: skytrooper21

Member #
    Friends
    2328-3260-7811-1534
    Of all the titles mentioned it could be argued, however it's games like Manhunt 2 that remains a "no contest" on the kiddie only factor. Not only was this game banned due to it's "Adult Only" rating, even watered down it still remains banned in the UK while set for release October 31st.

"Real Men Wii Standing Up"

Member #
    Friends
    Wii is for everyone, that's nintendo's target as well.....

even for women who never play video games, even for people who never played video games before, the sales say it all.....

Member #
    Friends
    For some reason, there is a very vocal subset of FPS gamers (The so-called "Hardcore" gamers) who feel that marketing games other than FPS games some how invalidates a system.

Wii has over a dozen T rated FPS games, and half a dozen M rated FPS games, with more coming, but since they also market games aimed at other groups, like party games, Zelda, and Mario, this somehow makes Wii a 'kiddie console'.

They also tend to say that RPGs are stupid and pointless.

I'm sure that somewhere there's a group of FPS gamers who have quit pleasuring themselves over a copy of Halo 3 just long enough to make a dozen forum posts about how Beautiful Katimari is killing the XBox 360.
    Pokemon Diamond: Name:Sif FC:3952 3555 4891

Now Trading 1st, 3rd, & 4th gen starters, Phione, Rotom, Porygon, Dratini, Kecleon, Feebas, Castform, Tyrogue, and anything else I can breed.

Member #
    Friends
    wii is fo everyone, and a lot of everyones are kids because for some reason they liek waggle
    Wii games: Super Mario Galaxy, Metroid Prime 3, Resident Evil 4, Zelda TP, SSX: Blur, Excite Truck, The Godfather, and Mario Kart Wii
    PC games: Call of Duty 4, Halo 1, UT3, F.E.A.R., and The Orange Box.
    PS3 games: Ratchet and Clank F.T.O.D., Resistance 2, Wipeout HD, and MGS4.

Member #
    Friends
    Dude one of the most cartoonish games that I am playing at the moment is battalion wars... Let me see a kid play that game and beat the first 3 levels. I don't know what is wrong with this generation but from what I remember all the old golden games WERE cartoonish... What is wrong with that anymore? I mean comon, what did mortal kombat do to your poor soul.
    Battalion Wars FC: 189 093 449 178

Ads