+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    3881-9484-9041-5848
    Quote Originally Posted by ZeLdA4LiFe
    ive heard that Nintendo is doing this thing where you can trade in stuff youve registered for star points. i think they are doing that in the UK, but im not sure.

go to this website........ they explain everything.......

http://www.nintendo-europe.com/NOE/e...tars/index.jsp

they are called stars. you collect them by registering products.

250 Stars for each game registration, 500 Stars for a Nintendo GameCube or Game Boy Advance SP, or 400 Stars for a Game Boy Player!

once you have enough, you can trade in your stars for ringtones....... wallpaper...... or whatever they offer.

what im sayin is that maybe theyll start giving out Wii points like that...........
    They have rumoured it in the past and once even made wii points as an option, but all those who bought later received an e mail explaining they were testing things out and were not actually selling points and they could have a points refund or a X amount of points sent to the console electronically for the inconvenience.

@SoHugo17 FOLLOW ME? :) ZeLdA4LiFe's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    1234-1234-1234-1234
    Quote Originally Posted by Cpt.McCloud
    They have rumoured it in the past and once even made wii points as an option, but all those who bought later received an e mail explaining they were testing things out and were not actually selling points and they could have a points refund or a X amount of points sent to the console electronically for the inconvenience.

aww..... serious?? mean, i thought they were gonna start doing that at the american website....

i have a lot of stuff registered so...... yea. that sucks

OHAI! I'm just an old dinosaur from 2006 seeing who's here

The name is. . . Hugo

Got a Nintendo 3DS? 2492-5132-0881

Member #
    Friends
    2328-3260-7811-1534
    Playing royalist for the games might not of been a problem with a majority as surely they are licensed and such by Nintendo for its consoles?
    Licensing grants 3rd party developers to create and distribute games within Nintendo's guidelines and fees for a specific Nintendo system, however never to my knowledge has there been a game system license created to where the console owners gain royalty rights (or reprinting rights) to a title. I am sure that if Nintendo, Hudson, SNK, and SEGA could have predicted the re-release success with there previous consoles then maybe something of the sorts would have been included. That is of course developers was willing to also allow them such rights in the first place as a license can prevent games from ever showing up on a specific system as well (ahem, NES).

To sum it up, if a license does not include this option to re-produce 3rd party titles for an emulated system then Nintendo just can't do so without the owner's consent. Also I seriously doubt any owner is just going to give away there classics simply to aid in promotion of Nintendo's new console without compensation.

So then why would Nintendo risk paying out a ton in royalties to a 3rd party developers when it can provide it's own titles out of there vault for next to nothing? Nintendo might be willing to give these titles away if they thought not enough people would pay for them again as a means to promote there own console sales, but people simply don't give away stuff for free without some form of return.

In turn I am glad Nintendo switched up the point system and allowed us to buy them instead, otherwise titles outside the Nintendo circle may not be available. Sure Nintendo games are cool, but there is others as well that I am glad to be able to have access to.

It still would not hurt to adopt some of rewards system, however it may be too late for that.

"Real Men Wii Standing Up"

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    3881-9484-9041-5848
    Quote Originally Posted by KrisKhaos
    Licensing grants 3rd party developers to create and distribute games within Nintendo's guidelines and fees for a specific Nintendo system, however never to my knowledge has there been a game system license created to where the console owners gain royalty rights (or reprinting rights) to a title.(
    Console Owner gaining the rights to the reprinting rights?

I am getting a little confused here, were you referring to the consumer or the corporation?

Member #
    Friends
    4627-4261-3182-4550
    Quote Originally Posted by Wii_Smurf
    Haha, They can't do an Achievement system. Xbox has it. They'd get critisied for it soooo bad
    After how many times Nintendo has had their shit jacked they deserve to steal something!!!

Pertaining to the subject, I heard of this "earn your Wii points" thing too. But it was a rumor and was never officially announced by Nintendo. But that would make Nintendo lose money anyway. So I don't think it was even thought of at Nintendo.

Now Playing
    -Sin and Punishment: Star Successor- -DJ Hero- - Goldeneye 007- -Call of Duty Modern Warfare Reflex- -Dead Space: Extraction- -Muramasa: The Demon Blade- -Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands- -Resident Evil: Darkside Chronicles- -Red Steel 2- -Monster Hunter Tri-
    Goldeneye 007 FC :1371-0470-9201
    Modern Warfare Reflex FC: 0724-1130-4548

Member #
    Friends
    2328-3260-7811-1534
    Console Owner gaining the rights to the reprinting rights?

I am getting a little confused here, were you referring to the consumer or the corporation?
    I was speaking about the licensing between the console creators (ie. Nintendo) and 3rd party developers producing games on a specific console (ie NES, SNES, N64). No license that I know of grants Nintendo the right to re-produce a 3rd party titles without that developers permission. Because of this, even the classic games of the past won't just be given to Nintendo for free (that Nintendo doesn't own directly) for them to distribute on the VC as a reward for game accomplishment without that developer getting some sort of compensation.

If the point system was purely given for game play, external titles would cost Nintendo directly and we would be less likely to see them. We'd even be less likely to see Genesis or Neo-Geo for that matter as well.

"Real Men Wii Standing Up"

come to the dark side.... dark samus's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    7159-9733-2785-0220
    now why would nintendo give out free games, dosnt sound right does it?, so why would they do it for virtual console? i rest my case.

guitar hero friend code: 451091730984
    PM me if you wanna add me.

Member #
    Friends
    7557-9657-6774-9330
    But it's ok for PS3 to copy Nintendo, a lot.

Then when we make a game that has a planet thats round we get blamed for copying off rachet and clank...
    youre absolutely wright capt. McCloud Playstation has allways been copying nintendo every step of the way....like for instance the motion controls on the new ps3 controls...well actually they call it the tilt or something like that....i mean where do you think they got that idea from!

Nintendo of Course!
    My Games:Wii Sports,Zelda Twilight Princess,Excite Truck,Mario Strikers Charged,Metroid Prime 3:Corruption ,Super Paper Mario,TMNT,Far Cry:Vengeance,Battalion Wars 2,Super Mario Galaxy,Links Crossbow Training,Ghost Squad.

My Accessories:Wii Console,Nintendo Wii HD Cables, 4Wiimotes, 4 Nunchuks, 3 Classic Remotes, 1GB SD Card,Wii Zapper.

Strikers FC:090301 439862

Battalion Wars 2 FC: 081 719 252 355

Member #
    Friends
    6945-1657-3955-2410
    so i guess anything that has the smallest bit of having to do with motion sensing is out of the question because nintendo has done it. gotcha.. and PS3 and Wii were released around the same time so it could of been Nintendo copying Sony but expanding more on it.

now why would nintendo give out free games, dosnt sound right does it?,
    I can understand N64 but NES and turbografx games? those aren't worth 5 bucks a game
    Last edited by JerryC; 10-22-2007 at 12:54 PM.
    Send PM before addingXD.
    Currently Playing: COD4, (Spot Reserved for SSBB)
    Recently Beat:
    Currently Watching: Naruto, Bleach

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    3881-9484-9041-5848
    Quote Originally Posted by Ellokko1
    youre absolutely wright capt. McCloud Playstation has allways been copying nintendo every step of the way....like for instance the motion controls on the new ps3 controls...well actually they call it the tilt or something like that....i mean where do you think they got that idea from!

Nintendo of Course!
    The Six-Axis was a feature which was developed later on and it was kind of rushed into a few games.

Yepp.

Ads