LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    *downloads Excite Truck save file to get monster truck*
    Wii games: Super Mario Galaxy, Metroid Prime 3, Resident Evil 4, Zelda TP, SSX: Blur, Excite Truck, The Godfather, and Mario Kart Wii
    PC games: Call of Duty 4, Halo 1, UT3, F.E.A.R., and The Orange Box.
    PS3 games: Ratchet and Clank F.T.O.D., Resistance 2, Wipeout HD, and MGS4.

Member #
    Friends
    As Far as I am aware game saves and saves only can be transferred....I will call Nintendo U.K. technical help ASAP and post their reply! Hey why not give nintendo in your region a call and see what they say too traxmom!

Member #
    Friends
    I wish people would do some research be for posting how do you do this.....how do you do that...read the manual, call nintendo or search the web<slowly calms down> (Note not aimed at Traxmom as copying files can be tricky)

Member #
    Friends
    Also So many people post total junk for answers!!! Does anybody else agree?

Member #
    Friends
    2328-3260-7811-1534
    Quote Originally Posted by FRuMMaGe
    It is so people don't download saves for game such as SSBB when it comes out, so they can have all the characters without putting in any work.
    That doesn't make any sense.

Sure the game creators want you to enjoy the games however not everyone enjoys exactly the same. If people wish to enjoy and share save game data that is there choice, and going so far as to copy protect this data is going overboard. I say if this is the reasons behind this move then I well literally sell my Wii and that will be the end of Nintendo for me, even if I don't utilize the option personally. I will not be told how I am supposed to enjoy my purchases and do not care for such dictator style enforcement either.

I clearly hope this was NOT the reasoning behind this.

"Real Men Wii Standing Up"

Member #
    Friends
    um. . . yes but stop posting over and over it's not allowed.
    Wii games: Super Mario Galaxy, Metroid Prime 3, Resident Evil 4, Zelda TP, SSX: Blur, Excite Truck, The Godfather, and Mario Kart Wii
    PC games: Call of Duty 4, Halo 1, UT3, F.E.A.R., and The Orange Box.
    PS3 games: Ratchet and Clank F.T.O.D., Resistance 2, Wipeout HD, and MGS4.

Member #
    Friends
    2482-6460-3144-9934
    Quote Originally Posted by KrisKhaos
    That doesn't make any sense.

Sure the game creators want you to enjoy the games however not everyone enjoys exactly the same. If people wish to enjoy and share save game data that is there choice, and going so far as to copy protect this data is going overboard. I say if this is the reasons behind this move then I well literally sell my Wii and that will be the end of Nintendo for me, even if I don't utilize the option personally. I will not be told how I am supposed to enjoy my purchases and do not care for such dictator style enforcement either.

I clearly hope this was NOT the reasoning behind this.
    I mean they will lessen the experience of others online. They could download a game that had full stats on everything (just an example). This would cheapen the experience for people who actually cared. I think I saw it in an interview in Nintendo UK magazine.

-=Join The Waluigi Fan Club=-

Spoiler Alert!

52 Members and still growing!

Member #
    Friends
    2328-3260-7811-1534
    Quote Originally Posted by FRuMMaGe
    I mean they will lessen the experience of others online. They could download a game that had full stats on everything (just an example). This would cheapen the experience for people who actually cared. I think I saw it in an interview in Nintendo UK magazine.
    Cheapen the experience? Say "No" to temptation if you actually care and don't download them, likewise companies should not dictate what we should be allowed to do with our game purchases....enjoy them.

-EDIT-
    Seriously, if I find out this is truly the case and reasoning behind the inability to transfer save game data then my Wii will be up on eBay. I'm not joking.

Member #
    Friends
    kris take it easy. and if it is the reason im willing to buy that wii of you for $100 which is fair.
    Hey everyone it's me MRCOOLGH its been forever and a half since I came back on in fact its been at least a year and a half since I was here. Last time I visited Wiichat was 02-26-2008 and I'm gald to be back everyone!

Member #
    Friends
    2328-3260-7811-1534
    Quote Originally Posted by MRCOOLGH
    kris take it easy. and if it is the reason im willing to buy that wii of you for $100 which is fair.
    Thanks, but your offer is far from fair. Even used Wii's are still selling for close there full value, sometimes even more. Take a peek at the closing prices on eBay sometime.

Secondly this argument seems bogus anyways, as I backed up my original game save from Rampage: Total Destruction and successfully copied one from the Internet to my SD Card, and ran perfectly on the Wii. If you are having difficulty copying them then your card's data is corrupt or you are somehow doing it wrong.

So, crisis diverted. Please note I am using Wii firmware 3.01U with a 1GB SanDisk SD Card, and played a copied saved game file without a single hiccup or any special means in which to copy it. (Now I need to restore my original game save. )
    Last edited by KrisKhaos; 10-24-2007 at 06:08 PM.

Ads