LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]

Transferring game data from SD to new Wii console

I thought it would be possible to copy our game data from our SD card onto Grandma's new Wii console, but we can't figure a way to do it. Is it possible? If so, could someone please tell me how?

We've managed to copy all of our Wii Sports game data onto the SD card... that part was easy. Now to get the data from the SD card onto Grandma's new machine. The Wii doesn't give us the "copy" option. Why not?

Also, is there a way to copy all our Miis onto Grandma's machine? I'd hate to have to recreate them all again...

:-) traxmom

2. Ads

Sleeping. Do not disturb. Kherrek508's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    0215-4972-1267-8022
    Well, to import/export Miis to another console, you have 2 options...

1: Send the Mii over the internet via the Wii Friend Code feature.
    2: Take your Miis and put them onto the Wiimote of choice. The Wiimote serves as a storage for Miis.
    MOHH2 Handle: Ebag13
    SSB Brawl Friend Code: 0473-7529-6163

PM me if you add me!

Member #
    Friends
    2482-6460-3144-9934
    Quote Originally Posted by traxmom
    I thought it would be possible to copy our game data from our SD card onto Grandma's new Wii console, but we can't figure a way to do it. Is it possible? If so, could someone please tell me how?

We've managed to copy all of our Wii Sports game data onto the SD card... that part was easy. Now to get the data from the SD card onto Grandma's new machine. The Wii doesn't give us the "copy" option. Why not?

Also, is there a way to copy all our Miis onto Grandma's machine? I'd hate to have to recreate them all again...

:-) traxmom
    Unfortunately, gamesaves now cannot be transferred from Wii to Wii. They used to be able to, but an early firmware update removed this functionality.

This was to stop people download completed game saves from the internet in order to have all characters/levels unlocked on certain games and use them online.

-=Join The Waluigi Fan Club=-

Spoiler Alert!

52 Members and still growing!

Billy Talent is awesomest zurukea's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    realy what that the 3.1 update? oh noo, i didn't notice this is terrible, there taking away feature when theres not enough, damn society
    Add me on Animal Crossing City Folk! = D

Name: Brandon
    Town: Smiley
    AC:CF Friend Code: 0001-8968-6109

I'm slowly but surely working on building the Perfect town, I would appreciate it if you could give me any spare flowers you have, Just leave them anywhere = D

Member #
    Friends
    Wii save.com allows the downloading of saves from any pc with an sd card reader and any wii with the latest firmware. As long as the sites instructions are followed. I recently downloaded a resident evil 4 complete save for fun (Yes I have completed the game)

Member #
    Friends
    In addition my wii has a copy button allowing me to copy from my sd card! hmmm Copying to a different wii should be allowed.. why would Nintendo stop that??? People want to take saves to a mates house to show them waht they have done!!!! This has been allowed for years....It is only downloaded games that are console specific as far as I know.... I will look into this! (I have latest firmware)

Member #
    Friends
    I think I may have found out why the saves will not transfer to Grandma's wii! I am lead to believe that both systems need to be updated to the same firmware. Are either of the wii consoles connected to the internet? If so one has probably not been updated to the latest firmware! So Are either of the wii consoles connected to the internet?........I may be wrong but that is what I am currently believe is the reason!

Member #
    Friends
    2482-6460-3144-9934
    Quote Originally Posted by topbanana
    In addition my wii has a copy button allowing me to copy from my sd card! hmmm Copying to a different wii should be allowed.. why would Nintendo stop that??? People want to take saves to a mates house to show them waht they have done!!!! This has been allowed for years....It is only downloaded games that are console specific as far as I know.... I will look into this! (I have latest firmware)
    It is so people don't download saves for game such as SSBB when it comes out, so they can have all the characters without putting in any work.

-=Join The Waluigi Fan Club=-

Spoiler Alert!

52 Members and still growing!

Member #
    Friends
    http://wii.qj.net/Wii-saves-on-SD-ca...g/49/aid/73831

If only I had another wii to try copying save files to.....note virtual console games may not be transferred to another wii however can be backed up onto a SD card and read by the original machine that they were downloaded onto!

Member #
    Friends
    Hmmmm why would Nintendo use that as a reason! I do not think they care whether Joe Blogs actually completed a game or downloaded a file off the net or from a friend..... just as long as they actually by the game and do not buy pirated games! Also the wii should be able to read saves off SD card like standard console memory cards...such an omission. Here is hoping for an update!

Ads