LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
Closed Thread
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by Master Foot
    I have to admit though, I am getting sick of the the constant reports of Wii and DS making Nintendo record profits, yet hardly any of it is being used to make the community features of the Wii more robust and creating a solution for the nonexistent Wii memory.
    Could it be that Nintendo is saving up all the money to make a more powerful system in the far future? Yeah, it's a bit farfetched but, it doesn't hurt to speculate..

A facile eternity is an overused dream.
    Spoiler Alert!

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    you can't blame nintendo for exhibiting the confidence it does. first of all, they've earned the right to talk--when your system has been the top seller for over a year (with no signs of slowing down), that's something to brag about. second of all, what you need to understand is that in the business world, sellers must be confident in order to build the confidence the consumers have in their name and quality. if the nintendo suits were to come on television and say something like, "we're doing pretty well right now, and hopefully we can keep it up. we've got games that we think will please our customers, so just hang in there. we're kinda sure we've got the competition beat.", then they'll lose the confidence in their customers. it's all business strategy--act like you're on top, and your customers will believe you're on top.

music artists do it all the time. look at the 50 cent/kanye west battle.
    Nintendo On The Islands

Member #
    Friends
    4496-9128-1304-3457
    Nintendo is regrowing the market. In the end Nintendo may not be #1. But they certainly brought fresh ideas to the market. And I applaud anyone who thinks these game budgets of $20 million to make a single game, at $60 is a rip off.

Studios like EA hire hundreds of outsourced artists that can't even draw a decent stick figure, let alone do basic math (And you need to if you want to program)! They treat them like a monkey on a type writter. They tell them to push 5 buttons and hope for a master piece. Most of the US based games, like football, Marvel, aren't even made by the USA. So congrats to Nintendo on killing this cheap outsourcing. EA responds by firing a bunch of their employees this X-mas.

Member #
    Friends
    5134-2285-1457-3930
    Quote Originally Posted by thas
    first of all it isnt their second console its their fifth. also they have not been cocky. they have never said that they were better than the other companies. nintendo just wants to make games and expand the market. and there doing there job and they are confident. there is a difference between being confident and being cocky.
    i wasnt refering to the the number of consoles they have had. ive been around gaming since atari i know how many consoles they had, i have had every one. They were talking about it at e3 when reggie said it would make a great second console, meaing it would be great paired with a ps3 or an xbox.
    Don't Be A Fan Boy Its Not Benaficial

Member #
    Friends
    5134-2285-1457-3930
    you guys are missinterpeting what im trying to say. If they were so sure of there selfs before there console came out they would have had the same attitude then. They didnt have that attitude they came off as they where not in the same market and not competing with them. but now that they have sold units they act like they are. i remember when nintendo didnt even care how many units they sold, or would they brag about it, they just made games and went on about there buisness. They didnt act this way when the gamecube came out, nor did they act like that when the n64 came out. Yes they might be winning in the console sold part but software sales are behind. I just wish they would go back to the way they used to be and not worry about competing and just make good games.

Member #
    Friends
    Ninntendo's on top in the portable and console wars so i suppose they deserve to be cocky. . . but of course, thats never a good thing.
    Wii games: Super Mario Galaxy, Metroid Prime 3, Resident Evil 4, Zelda TP, SSX: Blur, Excite Truck, The Godfather, and Mario Kart Wii
    PC games: Call of Duty 4, Halo 1, UT3, F.E.A.R., and The Orange Box.
    PS3 games: Ratchet and Clank F.T.O.D., Resistance 2, Wipeout HD, and MGS4.

Member #
    Friends
    They didn't think the Wii would be a huge hit. I don't think many people honestly did, when they first revealed the Wiimote, everyone was pretty much going "wtf?".
    I see no problem with this, they can do/say what they want.
    I also completely agree with Dodabird. He nailed it.

Member #
    Friends
    5134-2285-1457-3930
    Last time i checked it hasnt been a year that they have been on top its only been like 4 or 5 months on top. Confidence and cocky are two totaly differnt things. Dont act like you are not trying to compete and then when you so happen to do well act like its what you where trying to do all along thats not confidence, thats cocky, confidence would have been them saying they were going to be on top when they started, which is not what happend, confidence is xbox, and ps3 dispite being under nintendo still thinking they will dominate the market. There not worried about what the other one is doing there just doing what they do best. Every one is talking about the ps3 being in last place, but ps3 has what it takes to out last the other two, just think they havent even released there killer apps yet, they have the most power, space, and ability to upgrade. I think ps3 will take it all back with the release of metal gear, kill zone, socom, GT5,and a couple of others.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by yungblood6
    I think ps3 will take it all back with the release of metal gear, kill zone, socom, GT5,and a couple of others.
    If they drop their price another 100 then, they might and the word "might" in this case, is a big ass IF.

A facile eternity is an overused dream.
    Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    5134-2285-1457-3930
    In my opinion if sony came out with the same price console as the xbox, then yea i believe they would be out selling every one right now. the only reason most people don't buy sony is it cost too much and they can get the same games on a cheaper console from microsoft. I understand sony's price point, a stand alone blue ray player costs 200 to 300 dollars, so if they didnt use blueray disks there console could be priced at 300 dollars. But i look at it this way for 600 bucks, cheaper now, you get a next gen console, blueray player, dvd player, free online, with multimedia functinality. To get all that with microsoft you have to buy extra atachments which if you add it up comes to the same price as a ps3 not including your 50 Year subcription to live. Nintendo i understand is just a game system, but at the same time they need to pump more firstparty games if the third parties are not going to step up to the plate and develope like they should. I am not in favor of either one i just buy consoles because i like new technolagy, i buy games because im a gamer. i could care less who wins the war because either way im happy, im not trying to jump on a bandwagon i just wish they would stop trying to compete and pay attention to the gamers needs, we need better games, and we need for crap companies, and Rich companies to stop paying reviewers off, so we can weed out the bad from the good with out having to pay good money for crap

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Ads