Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    5134-2285-1457-3930

Is nintendo getting a little too cocky?

I remember at last years E3 when Every one was talking about the wii and why it was not going to be next gen in the graphics department. I remeber the nintendo bigwigs Reggie and the asian guy (cant spell his name) always would say that they were not trying to compete with the other consoles, and that the wii would make a great second console. This saying is true but now when i hear them speak now its all about how they are going to run the market, and how they are better than the compition. How the other systems don't compair to thier system. This may be true may not be true but i think that its a little cocky of them to boast around like that especialy with there inititial responses last year before they thought they were going to do this well. In my opinion they are starting to sound like there counter part Sony. Sony was always talking about how great they were in the ps2 era, and now they are in third place. i feel that nintendo shouldnt act like sony and act like the nintendo they have always been, calm cool collected and out to make great games.
    Don't Be A Fan Boy Its Not Benaficial

Member #
    Friends
    6352-8868-3020-2426
    I haven't noticed anything like this, but (even though they shouldn't) they do have the rights to =)

Sig by Close
    Old one by Idjut

~Join The Tingle Fan Club (TFC)~
    9 Members And Growing!

-=:Join the 1st Church of Ramen (1CR)

Member #
    Friends
    7557-9657-6774-9330
    i havent noticed anything like it either!
    My Games:Wii Sports,Zelda Twilight Princess,Excite Truck,Mario Strikers Charged,Metroid Prime 3:Corruption ,Super Paper Mario,TMNT,Far Cry:Vengeance,Battalion Wars 2,Super Mario Galaxy,Links Crossbow Training,Ghost Squad.

My Accessories:Wii Console,Nintendo Wii HD Cables, 4Wiimotes, 4 Nunchuks, 3 Classic Remotes, 1GB SD Card,Wii Zapper.

Strikers FC:090301 439862

Battalion Wars 2 FC: 081 719 252 355

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Quote Originally Posted by bilzar
    I haven't noticed anything like this, but (even though they shouldn't) they do have the rights to =)
    i dont feel they have a right to be cocky at all....yes they came out with a system the sold right out the gate but they have not been consistent with it. I agree with u yngblood that they do need to be the nintendo they have always been and just focus on the games...now i love nintendo and my wii system but in my eyes sony still is supreme when it comes to consoles, a lot with disagree with me but its how i feel....until nintendo starts filling in the needs that need to be filled, such as a hard drive and MORE games ( i know the best is coming out within these next few months) i will still think of them as a runner up.

Member #
    Friends
    4614-1471-6665-4276
    Quote Originally Posted by yungblood6
    and that the wii would make a great second console.
    first of all it isnt their second console its their fifth. also they have not been cocky. they have never said that they were better than the other companies. nintendo just wants to make games and expand the market. and there doing there job and they are confident. there is a difference between being confident and being cocky.

Member #
    Friends
    1606-9696-7776-6446
    I don't think they're being cocky about the Wii.

Handhelds though, thats another story. I saw footage from way back when the DS was first being released that whoever was giving the lecture pretty much said word for word "Nintendo dominates the handheld market". Which is totally true. They had some special on G4 about the Gameboy. it was pretty intresting

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Quote Originally Posted by thas
    first of all it isnt their second console its their fifth.
    he doesnt mean 2nd console ever made he means 2nd console in ur house like ur ps3 or ur 360 is ur main one and the wii is 2nd

Member #
    Friends
    4614-1471-6665-4276
    Quote Originally Posted by Bliss
    he doesnt mean 2nd console ever made he means 2nd console in ur house like ur ps3 or ur 360 is ur main one and the wii is 2nd

oh sorry my bad. but i still stand by what i said about nintendo not being cocky

Member #
    Friends
    5574-4537-7049-7984
    As far as I remember, this is the "cockiest" Nintendo has ever been. They have branched out into new territory and they are technically the pioneers of tapping into the casual market like no other company. In addition to that, they are making INSANE profits on all their hardware, even the system. One thing that they have to be careful of is that casual market taste may be very fickle and trendy. This may be why they created the Miis and having them being incorporated into games in order to keep the "casual" interest. I have to admit though, I am getting sick of the the constant reports of Wii and DS making Nintendo record profits, yet hardly any of it is being used to make the community features of the Wii more robust and creating a solution for the nonexistent Wii memory.

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Quote Originally Posted by Master Foot
    I have to admit though, I am getting sick of the the constant reports of Wii and DS making Nintendo record profits, yet hardly any of it is being used to make the community features of the Wii more robust and creating a solution for the nonexistent Wii memory.
    i agree 100%

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Ads