LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    6772-9484-5615-6705
    Just use your broadband to buy 5-6 virtual games. pack the wii back and give it to them. and the games will be there and wont need internet connection to play.
    Pre-Apocalypse Wiichatter.
    Remaining Survivor of the Wii In Australia Members.

Member #
    Friends
    1635-5908-0301-7661
    Internet on the wii is useless.

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    5207-2685-9420-8549
    If you have young grandchildren no internet should not be an issue, because it's not likely they'll play games online anyway. As other people have mentioned, I don't think your grandchildren will enjoy the "old games". It would be of better value to buy the Wii Play + Wii Remote combination, so they get an extra game suitable for their age level and another remote so more then 1 can play at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by grandpa
    Regarding the points system for purchasing games on the Wii shopping channel, is purchasing these games in any way "internet location dependent" such as with some music player music downloads via subscription service or is it pretty much just a straightforward permanent installation on the Wii in trade for points? What I'm getting at is would there be any unforseen issues if I were to set up the Wii at our place, access the shopping channel, and purchase the games to the Wii so the kids would have them to use later at another location-and-broadband-connection?
    It's pretty much just a straightforward permanent installation on the Wii in trade for points.
    Last edited by Eagles; 10-28-2007 at 04:20 AM.

Member #
    Friends
    Thanks to all for the help!

We unpacked the Wii last night and got it set up via our broadband so the kids can purchase games with the points if they want or they can opt to buy something off the shelf if they're happier with what's available as hard copy. Their grandmother and I spent several hours playing the included Wii sports games.......you'll never guess who else wants one now

I think the Grandkids will be delighted!

Member #
    Friends
    2482-6460-3144-9934
    Quote Originally Posted by grandpa
    Thanks to all for the help!

We unpacked the Wii last night and got it set up via our broadband so the kids can purchase games with the points if they want or they can opt to buy something off the shelf if they're happier with what's available as hard copy. Their grandmother and I spent several hours playing the included Wii sports games.......you'll never guess who else wants one now

I think the Grandkids will be delighted!
    Good to see you are enjoying it

I think the Wii is the only console out at the moment that can honestly be enjoyed by the whole family.
    -=Join The Waluigi Fan Club=-
    Spoiler Alert!

52 Members and still growing!

Ty.
    Member #
    Friends
    thats how that wii is, my uncle was playing mine, and he had one with in a week when he got home!

have fun with the wii.

and if you are still thinking about talking them into getting broadband, you might go wireless insted of getting the lan adapter for the wii, because for about the same price, you have created a wireless access point for future devices, and if they ever want to upgrade their computer, they wont have to wory about it.
    Hardware: Wii, 4 wiimotes, 1 nunchuck, 1 clasic controller

Games: MP8, Sports, Play, Og Super Mario, Mario Cart 64.

Sig pic by Torchik

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Remove Ads

Ads