+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    0000-0000-0000-0000

Is Wii a Gimmick---My insight

ok dont flame me

listen to my does wii = gimmick insight.

We have had the wii for nearly a year now, and one of the main points bought about by wii haters and critics were, its a gimmick/novelty.

but is this true, i was thinking about it and i have come to a 50/50 decision, yes and no.

we are now into wiis 200th games (give or take a few) and so far only a few have really shone out to me. soome of which include Zelda, Mysims, RE4.

but do the controls influence these games into being better? my aswer is also 50/50

Take Zelda for example, the controls were fine, but did they add to it, in my opinion, they made it nicer to play but were not important part of it,

Now look at RE4, The controls work excellently, and they do really make the game what it is, with out them, the game would be just a dumb port, yes its still a port, but its a clever port, which makes the game 100% better, than it was before, the controls were the only reason i got the game, and i cannot imagine buying it if the controls hadnt been changed,

Now finally look at Mysims, I love this game to bits, but the bad points, were Pushes the wii so much, it makes a hell of a lot of noise, and its LAGGY,
    did the controlls add to the experience? NO.
    i feel this game would have benifitted greatly from being on the PS3 or 360, They would have found this game a walk in the park to run, the graphics would have been shaper, and mostly it would run smoother, The wii controls added very little to it, and missing out in what it did add wuld be more than made up for graphic and smoothness made.

jsut looking at those 3, we can see a sort of pattern, not all games are suited for the wii, but some i couldnt imagine on any other console,

Rayman raving rabbids, On anything other than wii, it was a terrible game.

Warioware smooth moves (bad game imo) but on another console hell no.

red steel, well, 50/50. good game shooting Pointer added to it, but graphics were below par, and the sword play was not good.

Marvel ultimate alliance, Wii controlls added nothing to the game.

Golf, wii controll adds to the game a lol.

Crash of the titans, wii controls made the game easier and more fun.

many developers are looking at the wii as a quick cash syatem, they see the sales, they notice mostly casual gamers (i,e NOOBS) and they can fool noobs easily into buying a sub par unfinished game. they put little effort into it,

But critics make half the problem, they criticise games for not using motion sensor and pointer, but then, they criticise a game even more if they use them wrong.

but agreeably a game that doesnt use them would be better suited for another console, but one that uses them wrong should be thrown away.

think of all the games you own, Whic ones, use the wii remote well?, Which ones dont use it?, and which ones, Shouldnt use it?, and finally which ones would you prefer on a different console?

for me, the controls are the most important part, along with game play, but graphics are only important if the gameplay isnt affected by which remote its used on.

SSBB, will not be using wiimotes sensors, would it be better on another console? (dont think about it from nintendos point of view, think about, graphics and how smooth it would be) Ill leave that for you to decide.

imo

FPS' suit wii,
    Mini game collections Suit wii,
    Some platformers suit wii.
    Very few Racers Suit wii,
    No Sims suit wii, (well would be better on another console)

think of which console would benefit the game, not which game would benefit the console i mean halo on Wii would benefit the console, but would it benefit the game? doubtfull,

Rayman raving rabbids, console benefitted the game, not the other way around,

wii had around 15% of its game used right, 25% work fine but would benefit from other console, and 50% just need another console to work well at all.
    and 10% will suck no matter which console.

developers fault, or criticsc fault?

i let you have your say now.

Im not good at essays so my Insight thingy was badly written , but i hope i got my point across.

dont flame me lol

PSN daviduk2000

Gamertag daviduk2000

Member #
    Friends
    teh developers must die!!

thats all i got.
    Wii games: Super Mario Galaxy, Metroid Prime 3, Resident Evil 4, Zelda TP, SSX: Blur, Excite Truck, The Godfather, and Mario Kart Wii
    PC games: Call of Duty 4, Halo 1, UT3, F.E.A.R., and The Orange Box.
    PS3 games: Ratchet and Clank F.T.O.D., Resistance 2, Wipeout HD, and MGS4.

Member #
    Friends
    3099-0319-5478-2979
    Well most of what you said is pretty true.
    But some games, like ports or ones that are not exclusive (pretty much Ps2 tune ups) will not have good controls.

I have seen all games made by Nintendo have good controls.

Racing will improve with Mario Kart, and Metroid helped the FPS out even more.
    Things will look up don't worry.

As for the Wii being a novelty, I think it lost that title when it was selling well on sub-par games, leaving many (myself included) speechless.
    With all the hits that are upon us this holiday season, it will go even smoother.

Good post though.

CantGetAWii
    ProudWii60Owner

'I don't want to go back, I want a new day & age.'

Retired Moderator-[PM]

Brawl FC: 4682-8172-0512 [PM for add]
    Quote Originally Posted by Sumn0ob
    So all we have to do to become mods is be online all time I can do that on break which is now

Member #
    Friends
    4826-4175-7020-5555
    Quote Originally Posted by CantGetAWii
    Well most of what you said is pretty true.
    But some games, like ports or ones that are not exclusive (pretty much Ps2 tune ups) will not have good controls.

I have seen all games made by Nintendo have good controls.

Racing will improve with Mario Kart, and Metroid helped the FPS out even more.
    Things will look up don't worry.

As for the Wii being a novelty, I think it lost that title when it was selling well on sub-par games, leaving many (myself included) speechless.
    With all the hits that are upon us this holiday season, it will go even smoother.

Good post though.
    Honestly I have been hearing the saying or something similar to "things will looks up." or "just wait untill these games." I mean is Nintendo just all hype? Now I don't know much about previous games for the wii and how much hype they had since I have only had my Wii since the beginning of October. Therefore my facts may seem wrong maybe. But w/e. It is seeming that all the wii is hype. Look SSBB delayed apparently to work on more stuff. I highly doubt that they would have to delay it about 2 months (is that correct?). Idk but it is looking like the wii is just getting more and more money just because this is going to come out. And I'm deff not saying that Sony Microsoft and other companies don't try to get every penny out of everything, I'm just saying that Nintendo does it in a more deceiving and wrongful way. BUT we will just have to see. *sigh*
    Quote Originally Posted by GC8
    you are incredibly fast at responding...
    GH3 Code:455381349557
    SSBB Code:0430-7946-8146
    Quote Originally Posted by [DT]
    We have ignition Sister.

I love you idjut for this sig!!

Member #
    Friends
    5134-2285-1457-3930
    i disagree im like you i feel 50/50 on that but its like i said in my other posts, and you add another point if only nintendo games have the controls and nintendo only has 4 to 5 games how long will this last, not long if the type of trend that you explain keeps going. not trying to start an argument but he just validated my points. the system cant continue to do well with trends like that.
    Don't Be A Fan Boy Its Not Benaficial

Member #
    Friends
    There are few "must own" titles for the system and nothing that's really selling it. People buy a 360 for Halo 3, Gears of War, etc. People are buying the Wii for the controller and the games seem overlooked.

RE4 did it the smart way. Build off the GC version, add in the PS2 extras, and give a new control scheme while leavign the standard control option availale for those who don't like the remote controls.

TP shows some of this. Swinging to sword slash is a 50/50 on remote sensitivity, it's not wholly reliable. I've played up to the last mirror piece and I still prefer button mashing on the GC to sword fight on this game. Most of the time I want to shield slam I end up spinning thanks to crappy motion sensing in the nunchuk. You CAN use the pointer for menus and aiming but turning the pointer off reverts the camera to the control stick and is just as effective.

If they just threw a "standard" control option into a lot of games alongside the remote, it might have done a great deal more for the library to move titles. Not everyone likes the remote and sticking just the remote into game controls will alienate a few older players.

"Non gamer" marketing moved a good deal of consoles but when it comes time to rely on software sales, don't count on the non gamers to buy a bunch of $50 games. They should also think more about VC titles... focus more on releasing stuff that will sell in droves. Stop cramming in a bunch of filler titles just to keep up the 3 a week schedule. They're competing with emulation, which is free, or those "TV game" pirate units sold at malls and such on Christmas which might have 80 games for $20. I'd gladly pay $6 for TMNT or $5 for Kirby. I'd be hard pressed to pay even $1 for Urban Champion or Elevator Action. Crap titles like JJ and Jeff need not be here. The VC should be a large money vacuum as they don't have to do anything to publish these games but I'm not tempted to buy many of these titles.

Member #
    Friends
    5134-2285-1457-3930
    well if you put the option to use a regular controler with these games don't you defeat the purpose of owning a wii? just my thoughts
    Don't Be A Fan Boy Its Not Benaficial

Member #
    Friends
    3099-0319-5478-2979
    No.
    Giving many the option to choose helps things out, rather than makes a problem.
    Adds more to the overall thing really.
    Also this way people's old preferences will not be overlooked.

CantGetAWii
    ProudWii60Owner

'I don't want to go back, I want a new day & age.'

Retired Moderator-[PM]

Brawl FC: 4682-8172-0512 [PM for add]
    Quote Originally Posted by Sumn0ob
    So all we have to do to become mods is be online all time I can do that on break which is now

Member #
    Friends
    5181-5093-6007-8440
    well, this is what i think. developers may think that the wii is easy to develop for because they can build a game up for a next gen console, then scale down the graphics so that it will run smoothly on the wii. then later see how the controller can make very simple actions seem pointless to put motion on, but do it anyway.

games that have been built from the ground up for the wii itself, even when they have others going to other consoles, will be able to become better games. they just don't want to take the time to do that. i think they just want to make a quick buck off the wii version and think they need to put no effort into it.

the wii would be an awesome console with less laziness by developers. after a while i think they will get the idea and be able to make better games as time goes on. lets just hope my theory comes to life lol.
    I accept wii friends, just pm me before you add me

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by JAKE196
    teh developers must die!!

thats all i got.
    no people like you who buy the godfarther and RE4 ports should die.
    youre helping ruin the wii.

Everything in this signature except for this text was made by Wiired, he is my creator and almighty.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Ads