+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]

Looking for nintendo wii

Hey,

I'm finding it very hard to get hold of a nintendo wii

Every store I try has sold out and i'm not buying on ebay or amazing as it's over 250 compared to the 180 in the shops

Any help please? + rep to anyone that can help

Thanks,

-Sam

Member #
    Friends
    5134-2285-1457-3930
    Call target and walmart and find when they get their electronic shipments in and check back each week. They are going to tell you they don't know when they get it it just comes, so thats why you got to check back every week.
    Don't Be A Fan Boy Its Not Benaficial

Don't believe his lies. KyleForMe's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    5710-8093-1849-3803
    You need to speak to clerks at your local stores and ask them for recommended times to check back. Here in the U.S., places like Gamestop get some merchandise like Wii's via UPS, which for them usually comes around the same time. So if you were really into getting one, you could periodically call to see if any came in.
    It has worked for many people so far.

Member #
    Friends
    3732-3369-2853-4491
    ask gamestop or a game store or best buy when they get their shipments in, then just go there the day of when it opens and try to get one. PS my name is sam too! woo! good luck in your search. have you checked amazon.com?
    Strikers FC:025884-970933
    RIP: Hidden in Plain View, Counterfit Pennies, The Early November

thanks to idjut for the sig!

Don't believe his lies. KyleForMe's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    5710-8093-1849-3803
    I wouldnt just show up at opening for just any store. Large stores will not stock items as they get them, so for stores like that (Walmart, Target, Bestbuy) checking at opening is best. BUT for smaller stores like Gamestop, its best to check around the time they get their daily shipments in. Example: at my local Gamestop, the UPS guy usually gets their around 1:00pm, so thats the ideal time to call or stop by.

Edit: even if you dont see any systems on store shelves, it still helps to ask someone that looks knowledgeable and friendly, because often they will tip you off when you can get one.

Member #
    Friends
    Thanks for the suggestions, just that i've never heard of these stores as I live in the UK

Member #
    Friends
    6597-7058-7157-6973
    You just gotta spam the store with calls

but seriously though, If you call stores such as Gamestop, EBgames, Target, WalMart, you'll eventually get an answer saying they have some in. Call everyday in the mornings, and in the afternoon. This should do it.

"We've all been down this path before
    You're trapped in this town
    And it wears you down
    When we leave today maybe you'll understand
    That this constant struggle isn't always in the palm of our hands."

Member #
    Friends
    4264-5043-1448-2578
    Quote Originally Posted by Piggy-pack
    Thanks for the suggestions, just that i've never heard of these stores as I live in the UK
    I was gonna say that when I saw the british currency symbol. If you have any electronics/department store in the UK that sells TVs, stereos, video games, then you should call them constantly. If you know anyone that works at a electronics or a department store ask them if they can hold one for you. And if push comes to shove, then go with EBay unless youre will to shell out a lot of money.
    Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups! Be my friend <3

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Right, this only counts if you live in england..Northern England.

Go the the Trafford Centre of a friday morning..get to GAME between 10.00 AM and 10.30 AM. You'll be sure to get one..but the place will still be crowded. My friend did this, and he managed to get hold of two XD

Oh, and the reason i say friday, is because most fridays is when GAME's stock comes in.

Enoch was right.

Member #
    Friends

Im in the UK...

Hi

I recently got my Wii from Gamestation in Burton on trent, try sourcing one from them if you have a store near you. They had the best deal (for me) regarding games and price in my area! I am pretty sure they will let you pre order it for when they next geta delivery! Also, had a problem with one of my Wiimotes and they exchanged it straight away and threw in the Wii Play version for no extra money! (sounds like i work for them but i dont haha)

I would avoid GAME as they are as vague as possible about when they are getting any in and its a first come first get process there. Argos are pretty good at being able to let you know when they are getting them in even if it may not be for ages!

I hope you manage to find one, especially if its for a xmas present.

Es

Ads