LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Wii 2

Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    The Wii's optical drive is "capable" of reading DVDs. However, the Wii is not designed to do so. Supposedly, all it would take is a firmware update. Only time will tell.
    Central Ohio: Wii via component on Mitsu 55" HD-RPTV. 94 ImpalaSS, MCSE/MCT, MS/Network Consultant.

Member #
    Friends
    2482-6460-3144-9934
    Quote Originally Posted by phillepino
    I've heard that the earliest versions of Wii can read DVDs... how unfortunate for the people that bought theirs later on and as of today.. Another money vacuum created by Nintendo yayY
    It can read them but it can't play them. Remember, the Wii games are on DVD's.

Apparently it will require more than an update to enable dvd playback, it would require extra hardware. Hence the new Wii's.

-=Join The Waluigi Fan Club=-

Spoiler Alert!

52 Members and still growing!

Member #
    Friends
    2882-9149-7173-3516
    i see it as a gaming console, and thus that is what i use it for. dvd movies go in dvd players. soon they'll upgrade the wii to be able to make toast...

*rolls eyes*

Member #
    Friends
    3099-0319-5478-2979
    Firstly, no.
    The Wii is selling fine right now, and they are working on making enough to meet the demand. There would be no need for a new console, plus we would probably see a price cut before we see a new system. Thats just my guess though.

I don't even see an upgraded one coming out either, as many things like DVD's etc. don't seem to be a real necessity, at least not in Nintendo's eyes.

Not to mention the console name, if there was to be one, would not be named Wii 2.
    There was no Gamecube2 (although many say the Wii is just another Gamecube, but whatever).

You get the idea, no Wii 2.

CantGetAWii
    ProudWii60Owner

'I don't want to go back, I want a new day & age.'

Retired Moderator-[PM]

Brawl FC: 4682-8172-0512 [PM for add]
    Quote Originally Posted by Sumn0ob
    So all we have to do to become mods is be online all time I can do that on break which is now

Member #
    Friends
    2882-9149-7173-3516
    Quote Originally Posted by CantGetAWii
    Firstly, no.
    The Wii is selling fine right now, and they are working on making enough to meet the demand. There would be no need for a new console, plus we would probably see a price cut before we see a new system. Thats just my guess though.

I don't even see an upgraded one coming out either, as many things like DVD's etc. don't seem to be a real necessity, at least not in Nintendo's eyes.

Not to mention the console name, if there was to be one, would not be named Wii 2.
    There was no Gamecube2 (although many say the Wii is just another Gamecube, but whatever).

your posts are always so definite. it's as if everyone asks questions and bumbles around nervously until almighty CantGetAWii comes online and relieves the anxious minions. it's a hell of a thread stopper. but oh so impressive

edit: typing errors abound.

Member #
    Friends
    2482-6460-3144-9934
    Quote Originally Posted by CantGetAWii
    Firstly, no.

DVD player Wii's have already been announced.

Also, all consoles are know by a temporary "codename" during development. The Wii was called the Revolution, the Gamecube was called the Dolphin. There is no reason why the new Wii could not be codenamed Wii2.

I know there isn't one though.

-=Join The Waluigi Fan Club=-

Spoiler Alert!

52 Members and still growing!

OMWT! It's a shnorgplaph Paulpro's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    They are NOT working on a new console atm although probably in a couple years there will be a new console similar to the wii but NOT called wii 2 that basically has more storage, processor power, RAM, and a better video card. For now I'd say storage is the only thing the wii is really lacking on... Sure you can add sd cards but I'm not planning on having to go through 20 or so sd cards to find my games save files...

So yes I think they will come out with a new console probably very simliar to wii but with a different name although they are not doing it right now.
    ------------------

Wii games I own:
    Super Smash Bros. Brawl, Guitar Hero III, Mario Strikers Charged, Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, Super Mario Galaxy, Mario Party 8, Sonic and the Secret Rings, My Sims, Excite Truck, Big Brain Aademy: Wii Degree, Wii Sports.

So far I haven't been overly happy with ANY. They are all so EASY! Oh well the online play with GH III and SSBB is keeping me satisfied.

Member #
    Friends
    youre "friend" isnt a very credible resource now is he? lol

Gamertag/PSN ID=SensesFailxWiix if you add me send me a message via console or wiichat

Member #
    Friends
    3099-0319-5478-2979
    Quote Originally Posted by FRuMMaGe
    DVD player Wii's have already been announced.

Also, all consoles are know by a temporary "codename" during development. The Wii was called the Revolution, the Gamecube was called the Dolphin. There is no reason why the new Wii could not be codenamed Wii2.

I know there isn't one though.
    Yes ok.
    But the Revolution was not Gamecube2 was it?
    So why would they codename the Wii, Wii2.
    I just am not seeing it.

CantGetAWii
    ProudWii60Owner

'I don't want to go back, I want a new day & age.'

Retired Moderator-[PM]

Brawl FC: 4682-8172-0512 [PM for add]
    Quote Originally Posted by Sumn0ob
    So all we have to do to become mods is be online all time I can do that on break which is now

Member #
    Friends
    I dont think my friend knows the consles name because CantGetAWii is right why wold they codename it wii2, he just heard a rumor of them coming out with a second wii.

Ads