Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Wii 2

Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulpro
    They are NOT working on a new console atm although probably in a couple years there will be a new console similar to the wii but NOT called wii 2 that basically has more storage, processor power, RAM, and a better video card. For now I'd say storage is the only thing the wii is really lacking on... Sure you can add sd cards but I'm not planning on having to go through 20 or so sd cards to find my games save files...

So yes I think they will come out with a new console probably very simliar to wii but with a different name although they are not doing it right now.
    By far you and everyone else is wrong...Nintendo have a tradition to work on their next system right after the latest is released. Right now Nintendo is working on the new next-gen wii and probably working on the new DS to come which im sure it will be very high-techy and all that stuff.
    Hey everyone it's me MRCOOLGH its been forever and a half since I came back on in fact its been at least a year and a half since I was here. Last time I visited Wiichat was 02-26-2008 and I'm gald to be back everyone!

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    that would be cool!

Member #
    Friends
    3732-3369-2853-4491
    Quote Originally Posted by FRuMMaGe
    Exactly, there would be no point into going into competition with themselves.

I think they are talking about the DVD update. From some time next year, all Wii's sold will be able to play DVD's, and current Wii owners will get a discount if they want to exchange the current ones for the newer.
    discount would be nice. i'd pay more for a DVWii.

but how would they handle VC games and channels? o_0
    Strikers FC:025884-970933
    RIP: Hidden in Plain View, Counterfit Pennies, The Early November

thanks to idjut for the sig!

Member #
    Somewhere... over the rainbow... (actually, New Jersey)
    Friends
    8439-4149-2660-5864
    I think if they're going to release a wii2, they're going to make it so you can either buy it or previous wii owners can send theirs in for an upgrade...
    If you want to add me in Brawl, PM me that you're going to (and include your brawl name and friend code). Also, PM me if you delete me, so I can delete your name, too. I need space, ya know.
    FC: 2707-1312-0571
    For anyone who added me in Brawl and deleted me because it still said "Awaiting Registration", please re-add me. It just means we both haven't been online at the same time.

Got Wii? [1-21-07] XtremeKilling's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    3736-0858-9817-8462
    HAVE WE ALL BEEN BLIND?
    Sure...there may be a new Wii 2! and people can buy it...

but maybe for the old wii...(current), there would be just a USB harddrive to modifiy the system?

OR!
    The Wii 2 can just be a USB Harddrive. ^_^

You guys totally forgot the USB functions.

Pokemon Battle Revolution Friend Code: 3394-0608-4650

Spoiler Alert!

SSBB! (One of the First to GET!)
    Kevin
    3265-4732-5750 | Atlanta, GA (Eastern Time)

Member #
    Friends
    7815-9945-1799-5405
    Nintendo can't even produce enough units to meet demand. I am sure that once consumer demand is met or plateaus nintendo will come out with a tweaked wii just like they did with the ds to stimulate the market.

Member #
    Friends

Yes, but No

Yes, there were rumors heating up when there was a "wii 2" SKU
    But, in the end all it was just was a wii that included the already free wii remote jackets (available at nintendo's website).

In the matter of a second wii; NOT SOON, just look at these facts I have gathered:
    • The wii is still hard to find in stores
    • The wii is the top selling console
    • Nintendo does not plan any price cuts soon
    • Some devolopers are calling it the ONLY next gen console
    Anyways, your friend was WRONG! If you are rude, feel free to rub it in their face! It was only a rumor...proved wrong by Adam of Wowzas.tk
    -This message is from Adam of Wowzas.tk (under new name(old banner above))
    If you need Any help Whatsoever you can E-mail me! youcannotspellit@gmail.com
    Emails will usually be returned within About 10 days.
    In you subject line enter "I need Tech help"

Member #
    Friends

Just for the fact...

All of the other post are Wrong
    Wrong! Wrong! Wrong! Wrong! Wrong! Wrong! Wrong! Wrong! Wrong! Wrong! Wrong! Wrong! Wrong! Wrong! Wrong! Wrong! Wrong! Wrong! Wrong! Wrong! Wrong! Wrong! Wrong! Wrong! Wrong! Wrong! Wrong! Wrong! Wrong! Wrong! Wrong! Wrong! Wrong! Wrong! Wrong! Wrong! Wrong! Wrong! Wrong! Wrong! Wrong! Wrong! Wrong! Wrong! Wrong! Wrong! Wrong! Wrong! Wrong! Wrong! Wrong! Wrong! Wrong! Wrong! Wrong! Wrong! Wrong! Wrong! Wrong! Wrong! Wrong! Wrong! Wrong! Wrong! Wrong! Wrong! Wrong! Wrong! Wrong! Wrong! Wrong! Wrong! Wrong! Wrong! Wrong! Wrong! Wrong! Wrong! Wrong! Wrong! Wrong! Wrong! Wrong! Wrong! Wrong! Wrong! Wrong! Wrong!
    -This message is from Adam of Wowzas.tk (under new name(old banner above))
    If you need Any help Whatsoever you can E-mail me! youcannotspellit@gmail.com
    Emails will usually be returned within About 10 days.
    In you subject line enter "I need Tech help"

Member #
    Friends
    5435-9829-5121-8955
    When you type "Where Should I ask a Stupid Question?" on Ask.Com does it come up with WiiChat

Spoiler Alert!
    Spoiler Alert!
    Spoiler Alert!
    Spoiler Alert!
    Spoiler Alert!
    Spoiler Alert!
    Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    i personally think that nintendo is not going to release any futher version of wii than the original!!

when they were asked about wii DVD playback, they said that "while 60% of wii are connected to the internet, we can do many things"

......that means that they might make a dvd channel for playing dvds or a movie channel for buying and watching movies online through wii or something like that....mayby...... ;p

i think it's possible to be done through an update, since the wii games are already in dvd format....

Ads