LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 29

Thread: modded wii

  1. #11
    WiiChat Member SensesFail's Avatar
    Member #
    23415
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    1,780
    Friends
    6
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by Thegamerfan
    lol thats a stupid rumor, and its untrue. If they do that alot of complications will happen. And if you mean you cant play a "bootleg" version of mario, but you cant play the origin.......then that means you full off *-*

    all it sound like is that you herd some bs from someone or you just hate modders, and you are a goody goody. The only way they could stop modded wiis is through firmeware or hardware......and that aint going to happen.
    no actually it was a topic on the forum so quit being such a close minded ****.

    its not impossible and its not improbable. it just means that the update the wii needs to play mario galaxy will be able to detect mod chips. its not going to completely stop hackers from playin galaxy it would jsut slow them down for a few months till they got around it. its not a perfect plan but at least theyd be taking action.

    so you can go back to stealing your games for now, but eventually game companys will find a way to stop it. im not a mod hater, i just think its shady to steal what everybody else pays for. i mean people claim to be nintendo fans/supporters yet they cant support them financially. its hypocritical.

    Link to topic: http://www.wiichat.com/nintendo-wii-...-detected.html
    Last edited by SensesFail; 11-01-2007 at 08:34 PM.


    Gamertag/PSN ID=SensesFailxWiix if you add me send me a message via console or wiichat

  2. Ads


  3. #12
    Waluigi's #1 Fan! FRuMMaGe's Avatar
    Member #
    8705
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    England
    Posts
    2,966
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    2482-6460-3144-9934
    Quote Originally Posted by SensesFail
    theres a rumor going around that galaxy will not be playable on modded Wiis. so if ur think of modding your wii, dont because if Nintendo really is protecting their games this way then 3rd party games will start to be released w/the same protection and eventually you can only play 2007 games and earlier.
    Yes Galaxy has rendered some modifications useless. However, less than 48 hours after it was discovered a workaround was created.

    So the actual protection was cracked in less than 2 days. Good work Nintendo

    -=Join The Waluigi Fan Club=-

    Spoiler Alert!



    52 Members and still growing!


  4. #13
    Slave to the Wind Samster's Avatar
    Member #
    2715
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    London, England
    Posts
    145
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    If I bought a Wii title then I am perfectly within my rights to create a back up of it for everyday use.

    A back up can be created in under 2 hours now. The important factor is that only very few certain makes and models of DVD drives will allow you to create the .iso image file of the original Wii title.

    These drives are:

    Hitachi LG GDR-8161b (IDE)
    Hitachi LG GDR-8162b (IDE)
    Hitachi LG GDR-8163b (IDE)
    Hitachi LG GDR-8164b (IDE)
    Hitachi LG GDR-H10NBLK (SATA)

    ........plus there's three or four models by LG that will work. Interestingly you only need one of these specific drives to create the image file. You can burn the image file using any drive and virtually any media. Strange.

    You can then use RawDump to create yourself an ISO of precisely 4,699,979,776 bytes. If you are worried that the update code on the original CD may brick your modded Wii then you can use an application called 'Brick Blocker' which will strip away any dashboard update code from the image before you burn it.

    Nero, Alcohol120% anything will then burn your ISO for you.

    It's really very simple. Stripping the update code takes minutes. Job done. No point in Nintendo forcing a new firmware update on the discs - it's not difficult to get around. Nothing at all that Nintendo can do about it until they release their next console. Sorry but that's just the way it is.

    The reason people are saying that there modded Wii's no longer play backups is because they've not stripped out the dash update code. Serves them right for just downloading an ISO from a Newsgroup or Torrent!

    Out of interest I purchase all my titles, I just have a healthy interest in making sure that software I bought can still be copied. Goes back to my 48K Speccy days - High speed dubbing - hell yeah!
    Last edited by Samster; 11-02-2007 at 07:49 AM.

  5. #14
    Senior Member Skippy's Avatar
    Member #
    10574
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    2,191
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by FRuMMaGe
    Yes Galaxy has rendered some modifications useless. However, less than 48 hours after it was discovered a workaround was created.

    So the actual protection was cracked in less than 2 days. Good work Nintendo
    It still served it's purpose. It created some fear and uncertaintity in the mod chip realm. So-called "undetectable" chips were detected. This will cause some who were considering a mod chip to shy away. That's about the best Nintendo could ask for, I'm sure they knew there would be a work-around pretty fast.

  6. #15
    WiiChat Member austinAlan's Avatar
    Member #
    33074
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    136
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by spawnminion
    Support Nintendo. there is no need for back up of a game whatever happen or what will happen to your game is your fault. just get a new game. I have taken care of all my system consoles and some are still working to this day. none of my discs have scrathes or anything. just take care of your stuff.
    That is not necessarily true. The Wii has a motor and spins the DVD inside it. Don't you think that the Wii itself can sometimes scratch a disk?

    Not to mention the fact that DVD's are not archival media. If you don't know what that means look it up.

  7. #16
    WiiChat Member austinAlan's Avatar
    Member #
    33074
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    136
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by Samster
    If I bought a Wii title then I am perfectly within my rights to create a back up of it for everyday use.

    A back up can be created in under 2 hours now. The important factor is that only very few certain makes and models of DVD drives will allow you to create the .iso image file of the original Wii title.

    These drives are:

    Hitachi LG GDR-8161b (IDE)
    Hitachi LG GDR-8162b (IDE)
    Hitachi LG GDR-8163b (IDE)
    Hitachi LG GDR-8164b (IDE)
    Hitachi LG GDR-H10NBLK (SATA)

    ........plus there's three or four models by LG that will work. Interestingly you only need one of these specific drives to create the image file. You can burn the image file using any drive and virtually any media. Strange.

    You can then use RawDump to create yourself an ISO of precisely 4,699,979,776 bytes. If you are worried that the update code on the original CD may brick your modded Wii then you can use an application called 'Brick Blocker' which will strip away any dashboard update code from the image before you burn it.

    Nero, Alcohol120% anything will then burn your ISO for you.

    It's really very simple. Stripping the update code takes minutes. Job done. No point in Nintendo forcing a new firmware update on the discs - it's not difficult to get around. Nothing at all that Nintendo can do about it until they release their next console. Sorry but that's just the way it is.

    The reason people are saying that there modded Wii's no longer play backups is because they've not stripped out the dash update code. Serves them right for just downloading an ISO from a Newsgroup or Torrent!

    Out of interest I purchase all my titles, I just have a healthy interest in making sure that software I bought can still be copied. Goes back to my 48K Speccy days - High speed dubbing - hell yeah!
    That's interesting but I can't try it. I don't know if it's worth it to buy a new DVD writer just for this purpose. I see your point though.

    Nintendo is simply making it hard for the average user. Obviously it's not difficult to make illegal copies so why make it unlikely that regular users make backups?

  8. #17
    WiiChat Member SadnessI's Avatar
    Member #
    36380
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    18
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Why do you guys steal from Nintendo? I mean, i think we can all agree with want Nintendo to be around for a long time, well if you steal everything, Nintendo wont earn money.. Meaning no more Nintendo Consoles for all of us... And for the people that say "I buy all my games, i just like a modded wii for this reason..." That's a load of BS, you don't buy all your games, like anyone is believing that, you modded your Wii to steal games.

  9. #18
    WiiChat Member austinAlan's Avatar
    Member #
    33074
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    136
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by SadnessI
    Why do you guys steal from Nintendo? I mean, i think we can all agree with want Nintendo to be around for a long time, well if you steal everything, Nintendo wont earn money.. Meaning no more Nintendo Consoles for all of us... And for the people that say "I buy all my games, i just like a modded wii for this reason..." That's a load of BS, you don't buy all your games, like anyone is believing that, you modded your Wii to steal games.

    People really do buy their games. You simply don't know what you're talking about. Obviously many don't buy their games like 80% of China.

    Companies like Nintendo do not depend on China for their market they depend on Japan, Europe and the US. Just because I like the Wii and some of the games doesn't mean I can't criticize the company. It's a big friggin' company with only one real goal: take your money. That's it. Nintendo is already starting to ignore the consumer.

  10. #19
    Senior Member Skippy's Avatar
    Member #
    10574
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    2,191
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by austinAlan
    Just because I like the Wii and some of the games doesn't mean I can't criticize the company. It's a big friggin' company with only one real goal: take your money. That's it. Nintendo is already starting to ignore the consumer.
    And what do they do with the money they "take"? Put it in a big pile and roll around in it laughing? No, the pay their hard-working employees. People who need money in order to support their spouse, pay the rent, and put food on the table to feed their kids. Some money goes into research and development so that we have the oppotunity to buy more things that we derive entertainment from. A big company is just a big group of people like you and me, trying to make our way in this world as best as we can.

    EA just layed off several hundred people. Those people are now out of a job. Was that because of piracy? No, not entirely that's for sure. But that doesn't mean that piracy played no roll in those people losing their jobs. But it shows that when a company cuts back for any reason, it's the little guy that usually gets hurt the most.

    So the next time one of you guys out there decides to download a game instead of buying it, just know that down the line, some random Joe is just a little bit closer to losing his job.

  11. #20
    WiiChat Member austinAlan's Avatar
    Member #
    33074
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    136
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by Skippy
    And what do they do with the money they "take"? Put it in a big pile and roll around in it laughing? No, the pay their hard-working employees. People who need money in order to support their spouse, pay the rent, and put food on the table to feed their kids. Some money goes into research and development so that we have the oppotunity to buy more things that we derive entertainment from. A big company is just a big group of people like you and me, trying to make our way in this world as best as we can.

    EA just layed off several hundred people. Those people are now out of a job. Was that because of piracy? No, not entirely that's for sure. But that doesn't mean that piracy played no roll in those people losing their jobs. But it shows that when a company cuts back for any reason, it's the little guy that usually gets hurt the most.

    So the next time one of you guys out there decides to download a game instead of buying it, just know that down the line, some random Joe is just a little bit closer to losing his job.
    You don't listen. People, like me, want to have a copy of the games I OWN. That's not taking money out of their hands or food from their tables. In fact it hurts me that I can't because these disks are cheap pieces of crap if you want the truth. The game companies are telling us to go buy the game again if that cheap plastic somehow gets scratched even if it is done by the Wii itself.

    You cannot seriously defend EA either. There's a company that makes tons of cash by producing roster updates every year and marketing them as significant upgrades. The EA ports for the Wii alone should cost the company lots of money and jobs because they are a complete rip off!

    I guess this is fanboyism or something because it sure isn't rational consumerism.

Ads

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Search tags for this page

backup games to modded wii
,

gdr-h10nblk

,
h10nblk
,

hitachi lg gdr-h10nblk (sata)

,
how do you add more adds to a modded wii
,
lmodded wii
,

modded wii

,
what all you can do with a modded wii
,
where can i buy a hitachi lg gdr-h10nblk (sata)
,
wii iso newsgroup
,
wii modding crack down dallas
,
wiis that can't be modded
Click on a term to search for related topics.