Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]

modded wii

where do i find out what backup games will work on modded wii's

Member #
    Friends
    "Backup"? You mean you have purchased the original game and have made a backup?

Member #
    Friends
    A backup is a backup. I wish I had backups of my games that I could use instead of the original disk. The fact that we can't do that when the technology so easily allows it is a load of crap.

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    For every person who wishes he had a backup of his own games that he paid for, there are 10,000 people who wish they had a "backup" of someone else's game so they don't have to pay for it ever.

It's not in Nintendo's financial interest to make "backups" easy or usable. Or do you not want the Wii to be a successful (read: profitable) console?
    Quote Originally Posted by Napalmbrain (Moderator)
    Even if we can somehow keeps this place moderated, eventually the webhosting is going to lapse or something like that, and I doubt i0n's going to be around to fix it. So basically I'm encouraging everyone to migrate over to Link Removed
    Quote Originally Posted by FR. (Moderator)
    i0n just lost interest in this website. And, since no forum can run without an administrator, this forum is basically doomed. Everyone might as well join somewhere else, because if i0n doesn't pay vBulletin, the site will shut down.

Member #
    Friends
    theres a rumor going around that galaxy will not be playable on modded Wiis. so if ur think of modding your wii, dont because if Nintendo really is protecting their games this way then 3rd party games will start to be released w/the same protection and eventually you can only play 2007 games and earlier.

Gamertag/PSN ID=SensesFailxWiix if you add me send me a message via console or wiichat

Just some black guy... Thegamerfan's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    lol thats a stupid rumor, and its untrue. If they do that alot of complications will happen. And if you mean you cant play a "bootleg" version of mario, but you cant play the origin.......then that means you full off *-*

all it sound like is that you herd some bs from someone or you just hate modders, and you are a goody goody. The only way they could stop modded wiis is through firmeware or hardware......and that aint going to happen.

My SSBB clan...pros only

Member #
    Friends
    Support Nintendo. there is no need for back up of a game whatever happen or what will happen to your game is your fault. just get a new game. I have taken care of all my system consoles and some are still working to this day. none of my discs have scrathes or anything. just take care of your stuff.
    You can't beat the,"Wiitastic Master", cause I just so fanatastic. That's why Im the master of Diaster

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Thegamerfan
    lol thats a stupid rumor, and its untrue. If they do that alot of complications will happen. And if you mean you cant play a "bootleg" version of mario, but you cant play the origin.......then that means you full off *-*

all it sound like is that you herd some bs from someone or you just hate modders, and you are a goody goody. The only way they could stop modded wiis is through firmeware or hardware......and that aint going to happen.
    Actually it's true, even the mod chip makers have acknowledged it. A regular retail version of Super Mario Galaxy will not play on Wii's that use some types of mod chips. However, most of those chips already have patches to get around the new protection. But don't think for an instance that this is Nintendo's last try at interfering with mod chips.

Member #
    Friends
    2937-4259-9208-4198
    Super Mario Galaxy NTSC leaked and apparently works fine (judging by countless comments at site of download). The filename tells you to read the NFO so I think you have to update Wiikey (if you use that modchip) before playing, but in the end it works. So it's not prevented from being copied.
    I haven't DL it because I generally suck at Mario games, but yeah.

Member #
    Friends
    well Nintendo may crackdown on piracy next just like microsoft because nintendo hates piracy because they feel its dishonest come on people think about it if you can get all wii game you want then you get bored of them because there is no damn sense of accomplishment so think about it. well for the ds is different since its region free and I could just buy RE 4 (not resident evil) for my ds and download full versions cuz I wont get bored since my family cant buy me games at all.
    Hey everyone it's me MRCOOLGH its been forever and a half since I came back on in fact its been at least a year and a half since I was here. Last time I visited Wiichat was 02-26-2008 and I'm gald to be back everyone!

Ads