Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Wtf

Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    1606-9696-7776-6446
    Parents Against Democracy more like it. or what little we have left of it since most of the fat cats in congress are getting all sorts of "bonuses".

There's nothing i hate more than parents who blame society for their failures. Now i guess that's just a blanket statment, but the fact that they need to blame PARENTS for the lack of control they have on children, not the GAMING Industry. Last time i checked, the Gaming Industry doesn't feed and put clothes on the backs of the children of America.

This is just stupid. It's like when they attacked the Music industry in the 80's.

The rating system is fine just the way it is. Vendors should start carding people then. Card everyone. I don't mind. It MIGHT help, and it might shut these people the hell up. But i want to still be able to play the games i want to play.

what they ask for is ridiculous.
    EA Persona: JohnPetrucci
    BWii FC: 210 568 264 047 PM me if you add me

Newest Wii Purchase: Wii Zapper/Links Crossbow Training, Super Mario Strikers Charged

Member #
    Friends
    1234-1234-1234-1234
    You can buy AO games, can't you?

'Cause it'd be kind of silly to put a game out that you couldn't sell.

I think it just inconveniences people.
    Wouldn't there be an online site of sort that'd sell these?

Pardon me, if I'm wrong.

And off topic: People these days are lazy. If they can't raise their kids, then somebody has to do it for them. It's pathetic, really. But I guess government-based raising is better than have a child know no rules at all.
    That turtle has a brief case. It must be going to work. I hope it has a good day.

Member #
    Friends
    5134-2285-1457-3930
    Quote Originally Posted by Trulen
    You can buy AO games, can't you?

'Cause it'd be kind of silly to put a game out that you couldn't sell.

I think it just inconveniences people.
    Wouldn't there be an online site of sort that'd sell these?

Pardon me, if I'm wrong.

And off topic: People these days are lazy. If they can't raise their kids, then somebody has to do it for them. It's pathetic, really. But I guess government-based raising is better than have a child know no rules at all.
    Well see here is the problem with that dispite what people will try to tell you. game companies can make AO games but the retailers won't stock them on their shelves ie Walmart, K mart,target, best buy, etc I did read an article about game stop considiring selling titles that have the AO rating. so if they cant sell the games its like a black ball when their game gets an AO rating and thus a loss of money because the lack of sells. As far as online goes im not sure.
    Don't Be A Fan Boy Its Not Benaficial

Member #
    Friends
    2328-3260-7811-1534
    Quote Originally Posted by yungblood6
    If im not mistaken its not the consoles licenses that is preventing AO games its the stores won't shelve or sell them period thats the problem.
    Consider us both right.

All the current consoles will not license AO games nor will most retail outlets stock them. There is no laws preventing the creation and distribution of AO games for the open licensed Windows machines, hence why they exist for the PC. I cannot say the same for the Macintosh systems, while they do promote a somewhat open development environment I believe there is stipulations to there user/license agreement.

"Real Men Wii Standing Up"

Member #
    Friends
    1606-9696-7776-6446
    If Gamestop approved the sale of AO games, that would be AWESOME.

All it takes is like 10 seconds to ID someone. Seriously, not that hard. Of course people will get around it, but that's just life.

EDIT: they could treat the selling of AO games like Liquor (Atleast in my town). It wont be sold to you if a) You are not of Age or b) You are in the presense of someone who is not of Age.

You can still get around it, but it makes it harder for parents to just buy games for their kids and not pay attention to the rating, and it makes them think twice about it. It would certainly make the parent mad, and wonder why the game isn't being sold to them. DING DING DING! Your child is too young.

Just one idea. I don't want it to happen, but if it did have to, this could be a good way to go about it
    Last edited by Moose; 11-02-2007 at 10:13 PM.
    EA Persona: JohnPetrucci
    BWii FC: 210 568 264 047 PM me if you add me

Newest Wii Purchase: Wii Zapper/Links Crossbow Training, Super Mario Strikers Charged

Member #
    Friends
    3732-3369-2853-4491
    parents should be more god damned responsible with what they let their kids have. hopefully that was censored
    Strikers FC:025884-970933
    RIP: Hidden in Plain View, Counterfit Pennies, The Early November

thanks to idjut for the sig!

Member #
    Friends
    that article is straight up bullshit. they need to ****ing leave games alone. they already ruined a sweet ****ing game with hugh filters and motion blurs and NOW they want to re-instate the AO rating as well? **** YOU GUYS! its rediculous. murder simulater my ass. prove to me video games have caused murder before and then maybe ill calm down a little.

harold/klebold (columbine shooting) played arcade shooters BUT thats now how they learned to shoot but people just like to pretend they didnt find video tapes of them having REAL target practice in a field somewhere on the otuskirts of town. they just like to play it up like video games killed 12 people that day and the fact they were ****ing weird had nothing to do with it. people kill people, people made them that way, not games.

/rant

Gamertag/PSN ID=SensesFailxWiix if you add me send me a message via console or wiichat

Member #
    Friends
    6772-9484-5615-6705
    ill explain this my way, i do not mean what examples i use its just how i explain things.

This is like the twin tower crashing, who knows it might of been a drunk piolit drivng the plane into the buildings and the us government says " woah the plane crashed...its the terriosts fault" and they start campaingng about terriosts

same with VG some one gets murdered " WOAH, this kid played super mario once. thus video games made him go bad."
    Pre-Apocalypse Wiichatter.
    Remaining Survivor of the Wii In Australia Members.

Member #
    Friends
    3099-0319-5478-2979
    Quote Originally Posted by bigwilliiy
    ill explain this my way, i do not mean what examples i use its just how i explain things.

This is like the twin tower crashing, who knows it might of been a drunk piolit drivng the plane into the buildings and the us government says " woah the plane crashed...its the terriosts fault" and they start campaingng about terriosts

same with VG some one gets murdered " WOAH, this kid played super mario once. thus video games made him go bad."
    Thats what I was saying in my post.
    Parents will put the blame on whatever they can, just as long as they don't look like bad parents.

CantGetAWii
    ProudWii60Owner

'I don't want to go back, I want a new day & age.'

Retired Moderator-[PM]

Brawl FC: 4682-8172-0512 [PM for add]
    Quote Originally Posted by Sumn0ob
    So all we have to do to become mods is be online all time I can do that on break which is now

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    you know its funny that we had this convo yesterday...cuz last night when i got home from work on X-Play they were talkin about "Sex and Violence in Video games"...i thought it was so strange that we talkin about it poof there it was.

Ads