+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    5134-2285-1457-3930
    Quote Originally Posted by Wii_BrEnDo2007
    lol nintendo keep the wrap on things hmm

ign have at least 6 reviews for ds games every 2 days wii games are usually reviewed a day or 2 after they come out

gamespot is totally biased towards nintendo

of course when looking at the facts my view should be supported
    you just proved my point right there. reviewed after they come out. Most xbox and playstation games have reviews before they even come out, so your point now? Esp the online reviews. you still haven't explained how they are biased just because they don't give a game a 10 because its not perfect, other than controls what is a wii game differnt from a game cube game in reality, what game do you think deserves a better rating than Halo 3's 9.5, then tell me how many times will the average person play that game over and over again, or for that matter what do they stand to gain from playing it over again. This is a multiplayer generation Single player games that at least don't have co-op will suffer in all reviews except those that just give out 10s on a daily basis. In my opinion there are only two single player games that would ever as of right now get close to a 10 and that is Oblivion, and God Of War. Yes you are right about the mulitplayer part too but at the same time what game that is just multiplayer has a high score over a 8?
    Last edited by yungblood6; 11-02-2007 at 03:29 PM.
    Don't Be A Fan Boy Its Not Benaficial

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    1234-1234-1234-1234
    the point is not many people decide to buy a game the day it comes out so 2 days later a log on see this game reviewed and decide wether to buy it or not
    PS3 now, sorry Wii. You gather dust.

Member #
    Friends
    5134-2285-1457-3930
    Quote Originally Posted by Wii_BrEnDo2007
    the point is not many people decide to buy a game the day it comes out so 2 days later a log on see this game reviewed and decide wether to buy it or not
    i think that whole concept is retarded any way, why base your preferances on what someone else thinks about a game? Reviews are at the most opinions, not the bottom line. Thats why you see varying reviews and review points. you should watch vids and if available try demos to make your decision, and then also know what type of game you like and base it on that. They could give a game a 10 but its crap to you.
    Don't Be A Fan Boy Its Not Benaficial

Member #
    Friends
    I think gamespot is a bit bias. . . or stupid. . .

I remember on Nsider everyone was trying to make sense of the gamespot review. . . it said something like it's too easy to control samus yet they also said it the controls were a step forward for the wii. . . so they basically contridicted themselves. They also gave rather stupid reasons for giving it a low-ish score. I think it deserved at least a 9.

yeah, i'm not gonna argue w/ anyone, my opinion.
    Wii games: Super Mario Galaxy, Metroid Prime 3, Resident Evil 4, Zelda TP, SSX: Blur, Excite Truck, The Godfather, and Mario Kart Wii
    PC games: Call of Duty 4, Halo 1, UT3, F.E.A.R., and The Orange Box.
    PS3 games: Ratchet and Clank F.T.O.D., Resistance 2, Wipeout HD, and MGS4.

Member #
    Friends
    0198-5784-9757-4311
    Wii games constantly receive lower scores than other sites (MP3 is a 'prime' example).

Nice pun.

Member #
    Friends
    3099-0319-5478-2979
    Quote Originally Posted by yungblood6
    did you read the review or just look at the numbers? Did you look to see why they might have thought it deserved a 8.5? 1up only gave it a 5 point differnce. Could it be the lack of multiplayer? or perhaps the only thing that might have changed was the controls from the other metroid prime games? You won't know the reason unless you read the review. So what was their reason for it other than you think they are biased towards the wii, what did the review say? Then compare it to the other reviews section for section. then you will probally see why they gave it that.

Here could be the reason they gave it that score this is coming from them and the reviewers opinion.
    The Bad

* Some of the contextual actions don't control all that well
    * Streamlined controls make things a little too easy and a little less adventurous
    * Doesn't do much different than the previous two Metroid Prime games.
    we encourage you to read our full reviews and watch our video reviews to give context to our ratings.

Now if i do recall this is a FPS, Halo is Halo no i don't think it is great but millions of other people obviously think it is, it also has a lot of replay value were metroid prime does not, and twilight princess does not. Once you beat those there is not much reason to play it again, vs halo has extra content hidden in the single player that benefits the muliplayer, thus it also has multiplayer with several different game modes which makes the replay value extreamly high. It has co-op which makes playing the single player more fun. Also take into consideration it has offline multiplayer as well. so yea with that much replay value of course its going to get a better review than those other two.
    Controls in Metroid were said to be the best out there for the Wii, so the controls were not the problem.

As for gamespot, I just think there are better sites to go on.
    That one has always seemed run down to me for some reason.

CantGetAWii
    ProudWii60Owner

'I don't want to go back, I want a new day & age.'

Retired Moderator-[PM]

Brawl FC: 4682-8172-0512 [PM for add]
    Quote Originally Posted by Sumn0ob
    So all we have to do to become mods is be online all time I can do that on break which is now

Member #
    Friends
    1234-1234-1234-1234
    yeah i agree with you yungblood i hate halo and lost plaent and gears of war etc

Meta-Knight's # 1 Fan SSBBFan101's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    8246-2463-9009-5471
    Quote Originally Posted by yungblood6
    well looking at those reviews i would say the majority of reviews out there didn't think this game was a perfect 10 game. so i wouldn't call it biased just real. and from looking at their 360 reviews they didn't give a lot of 10's to them either mostly 8.5 or lower. And Halo 3 only got a 9.5 10 points more than metroid which is most likely due to multiplayer and replay value, so no i don't think they are biased. As a matter of fact i see no games that have got a 10, which makes me think they have the more realistic review system because there are no perfect games that have hit it in all departments yet, the closest in my opinion would be grand theft auto with a working multiplayer. I don't under stand how metroid would get a 10 this time and then if they would make another then add replay value and mulitplayer what would that get if the last one got a 10?
    isn't zelda oot the only game on that site to get a 10 or is there more? if there is, would someone plz link them?

Thanks idjut for the sig.
    -=Join The Waluigi Fan Club (WFC)=-

Member #
    Friends
    1234-1234-1234-1234
    ur gonna laugh search tony hawk pro skater 3

Member #
    Friends
    6069-9016-3559-6279