LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 77
  1. #11
    Get Money Dummy yungblood6's Avatar
    Member #
    34300
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Kansas City
    Posts
    383
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    5134-2285-1457-3930
    Quote Originally Posted by Wii_BrEnDo2007
    lol nintendo keep the wrap on things hmm

    ign have at least 6 reviews for ds games every 2 days wii games are usually reviewed a day or 2 after they come out

    gamespot is totally biased towards nintendo

    of course when looking at the facts my view should be supported
    you just proved my point right there. reviewed after they come out. Most xbox and playstation games have reviews before they even come out, so your point now? Esp the online reviews. you still haven't explained how they are biased just because they don't give a game a 10 because its not perfect, other than controls what is a wii game differnt from a game cube game in reality, what game do you think deserves a better rating than Halo 3's 9.5, then tell me how many times will the average person play that game over and over again, or for that matter what do they stand to gain from playing it over again. This is a multiplayer generation Single player games that at least don't have co-op will suffer in all reviews except those that just give out 10s on a daily basis. In my opinion there are only two single player games that would ever as of right now get close to a 10 and that is Oblivion, and God Of War. Yes you are right about the mulitplayer part too but at the same time what game that is just multiplayer has a high score over a 8?
    Last edited by yungblood6; 11-02-2007 at 03:29 PM.
    Don't Be A Fan Boy Its Not Benaficial

  2. Ads


  3. #12
    Gran Turismo Wii_BrEnDo2007's Avatar
    Member #
    11890
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Ecosse
    Posts
    2,731
    Friends
    1
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    1234-1234-1234-1234
    the point is not many people decide to buy a game the day it comes out so 2 days later a log on see this game reviewed and decide wether to buy it or not
    PS3 now, sorry Wii. You gather dust.

  4. #13
    Get Money Dummy yungblood6's Avatar
    Member #
    34300
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Kansas City
    Posts
    383
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    5134-2285-1457-3930
    Quote Originally Posted by Wii_BrEnDo2007
    the point is not many people decide to buy a game the day it comes out so 2 days later a log on see this game reviewed and decide wether to buy it or not
    i think that whole concept is retarded any way, why base your preferances on what someone else thinks about a game? Reviews are at the most opinions, not the bottom line. Thats why you see varying reviews and review points. you should watch vids and if available try demos to make your decision, and then also know what type of game you like and base it on that. They could give a game a 10 but its crap to you.
    Don't Be A Fan Boy Its Not Benaficial

  5. #14
    Cogito Ergo Sum JAKE196's Avatar
    Member #
    34237
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Williamsburg, VA (U.S.A.)
    Posts
    1,720
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    I think gamespot is a bit bias. . . or stupid. . .

    I remember on Nsider everyone was trying to make sense of the gamespot review. . . it said something like it's too easy to control samus yet they also said it the controls were a step forward for the wii. . . so they basically contridicted themselves. They also gave rather stupid reasons for giving it a low-ish score. I think it deserved at least a 9.

    yeah, i'm not gonna argue w/ anyone, my opinion.
    Wii games: Super Mario Galaxy, Metroid Prime 3, Resident Evil 4, Zelda TP, SSX: Blur, Excite Truck, The Godfather, and Mario Kart Wii
    PC games: Call of Duty 4, Halo 1, UT3, F.E.A.R., and The Orange Box.
    PS3 games: Ratchet and Clank F.T.O.D., Resistance 2, Wipeout HD, and MGS4.

  6. #15
    eating kittens is fun AWESOMO's Avatar
    Member #
    36908
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    27
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    0198-5784-9757-4311
    Wii games constantly receive lower scores than other sites (MP3 is a 'prime' example).

    Nice pun.

  7. #16
    Senior Member CantGetAWii's Avatar
    Member #
    9325
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    WiiChat
    Posts
    6,418
    Friends
    33
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    3099-0319-5478-2979
    Quote Originally Posted by yungblood6
    did you read the review or just look at the numbers? Did you look to see why they might have thought it deserved a 8.5? 1up only gave it a 5 point differnce. Could it be the lack of multiplayer? or perhaps the only thing that might have changed was the controls from the other metroid prime games? You won't know the reason unless you read the review. So what was their reason for it other than you think they are biased towards the wii, what did the review say? Then compare it to the other reviews section for section. then you will probally see why they gave it that.

    Here could be the reason they gave it that score this is coming from them and the reviewers opinion.
    The Bad

    * Some of the contextual actions don't control all that well
    * Streamlined controls make things a little too easy and a little less adventurous
    * Doesn't do much different than the previous two Metroid Prime games.
    we encourage you to read our full reviews and watch our video reviews to give context to our ratings.

    Now if i do recall this is a FPS, Halo is Halo no i don't think it is great but millions of other people obviously think it is, it also has a lot of replay value were metroid prime does not, and twilight princess does not. Once you beat those there is not much reason to play it again, vs halo has extra content hidden in the single player that benefits the muliplayer, thus it also has multiplayer with several different game modes which makes the replay value extreamly high. It has co-op which makes playing the single player more fun. Also take into consideration it has offline multiplayer as well. so yea with that much replay value of course its going to get a better review than those other two.
    Controls in Metroid were said to be the best out there for the Wii, so the controls were not the problem.


    As for gamespot, I just think there are better sites to go on.
    That one has always seemed run down to me for some reason.

    CantGetAWii
    ProudWii60Owner


    'I don't want to go back, I want a new day & age.'


    Retired Moderator-[PM]


    Brawl FC: 4682-8172-0512 [PM for add]
    Quote Originally Posted by Sumn0ob
    So all we have to do to become mods is be online all time I can do that on break which is now

  8. #17
    Gran Turismo Wii_BrEnDo2007's Avatar
    Member #
    11890
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Ecosse
    Posts
    2,731
    Friends
    1
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    1234-1234-1234-1234
    yeah i agree with you yungblood i hate halo and lost plaent and gears of war etc
    PS3 now, sorry Wii. You gather dust.

  9. #18
    Meta-Knight's # 1 Fan SSBBFan101's Avatar
    Member #
    27817
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Behind your local game retailer.
    Posts
    547
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    8246-2463-9009-5471
    Quote Originally Posted by yungblood6
    well looking at those reviews i would say the majority of reviews out there didn't think this game was a perfect 10 game. so i wouldn't call it biased just real. and from looking at their 360 reviews they didn't give a lot of 10's to them either mostly 8.5 or lower. And Halo 3 only got a 9.5 10 points more than metroid which is most likely due to multiplayer and replay value, so no i don't think they are biased. As a matter of fact i see no games that have got a 10, which makes me think they have the more realistic review system because there are no perfect games that have hit it in all departments yet, the closest in my opinion would be grand theft auto with a working multiplayer. I don't under stand how metroid would get a 10 this time and then if they would make another then add replay value and mulitplayer what would that get if the last one got a 10?
    isn't zelda oot the only game on that site to get a 10 or is there more? if there is, would someone plz link them?

    Thanks idjut for the sig.
    -=Join The Waluigi Fan Club (WFC)=-

  10. #19
    Gran Turismo Wii_BrEnDo2007's Avatar
    Member #
    11890
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Ecosse
    Posts
    2,731
    Friends
    1
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    1234-1234-1234-1234
    ur gonna laugh search tony hawk pro skater 3
    PS3 now, sorry Wii. You gather dust.

  11. #20
    Psychedelic Snail Monsteroids's Avatar
    Member #
    14011
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    BC, Canada
    Posts
    2,791
    Friends
    10
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    6069-9016-3559-6279
    Three letters IGN!!!!!


    Brawl Punching Bag


    Chibi Asuka!!
    ------


    Spoiler Alert!


Ads

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Search tags for this page

edge magazine nintendo bias
,
gamespot against nintendo
,
gamespot bias
,
gamespot bias against nintendo
,

gamespot biased

,
gamespot biased against nintendo
,
gamespot biased against wii
,

gamespot biased wii

,

gamespot is biased

,
gamespot is biased towards ninntendo
,
gamespot nintendo bias
,
is gamespot biased towards other consoles
Click on a term to search for related topics.