LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]

Left-handed people are screwed?

I'm left handed and I find it difficult to use the pointer on the wiimote with my right hand.

I could use my left hand to control it but in games like Medal of Honor and Super Mario Galaxy, I need to use my left hand to control movement with the nunchuk. I have tryed using my right hand to control movement in Zelda:TP but it's even harder...

Is it just me or are all left-handed people permanently screwed?

Any help or suggestions are appreciated.

EDIT: the wii zapper would help in FPSs but not in SMG
    Last edited by Wiierd; 11-04-2007 at 11:27 AM.

Member #
    Friends
    2482-6460-3144-9934
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiierd
    I'm left handed and I find it difficult to use the pointer on the wiimote with my right hand.

I could use my left hand to control it but in games like Medal of Honor and Super Mario Galaxy, I need to use my left hand to control movement with the nunchuk. I have tryed using my right hand to control movement in Zelda:TP but it's even harder...

Any help or suggestions are appreciated.
    The wiimote and nunchuck are specifically made to be ambidextrous (both handed). Just get used to using then wiimote in your left hand and the nunchuck in the right.

-=Join The Waluigi Fan Club=-

Spoiler Alert!

52 Members and still growing!

Member #
    Friends
    For me, its even harder to try and use the nunchuk with my right hand than using the wiimote with my right hand. I would have to sacrifice aim or movement. Either way, i would be permanently handicapped compared to right handed people in games like Medal of Honor.

Member #
    Friends
    I'm thinking of Nintendo making a another remote with the pointer on the nunchuk rather than the wiimote for people who are left handed?

Or they could put the analog stick on the wiimote
    Last edited by Wiierd; 11-04-2007 at 11:24 AM.

Member #
    Friends
    5662-4093-3200-8333
    yea in the bigs im screw because i could only throw fast balls and change ups -other pitches you have to move the wiimote and when i do it i just throw a meatball

Member #
    Friends
    I'm left handed and I hold my nunchuck in the left and pointer in the right.... It works fine for me, but I occasionally get a little sore in my right hand....
    Brawl Friend Code 1976-9830-7448 If you want to brawl and you live in Florida I'll add you if you add me!

Member #
    Friends
    4496-9128-1304-3457
    Um... Most control setups force you to use both hands. From the NES to present you had to use left for one side of the controller, and right for the other. The adjustment to the Wiimote shouldn't be that hard if you've been playing games for years.

It's the same learning curve as getting used to not looking at the buttons. You can't really call yourself left or right handed fully. Unless you are crippled on that side of the body it's not that hard to teach the other half to move, or I'd question how you'd even walk.

Don't believe his lies. KyleForMe's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    5710-8093-1849-3803
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiierd

If you ask me this is the first system to not "screw" left handed people. If you want to be mad at anyone, be mad at every other system for forcing you to get used to using your dominant hand for movement.

How are you screwed anyway?

all the righties have to use their left non-dominant hand to control analog movement, so why cant you just reverse and use your right non-dominant hand for analog movement.

I just don't see how your complaint makes any bit of sense (unless your arguing being a lefty is just all around more difficult for any coordination)

EDIT: it seems that you clearly have experience using normal controllers forcing you to use your left hand for analog movement. So get over it... the controls are as neutral as any controller is going to be.
    Last edited by KyleForMe; 11-04-2007 at 11:40 AM.

Member #
    Friends
    4103-3191-5795-3127
    I'm left handed and have no preoblem playing the games I have.

Wii Sports, Red Steel (27%), Zelda : Twilight Princess (Forest Temple), Resident Evil 4 : Wii Edition (3-1), Trauma Center : Second Opinion (Ch2 1), Super Paper Mario (Ch 3-1), Mario Strikers Charged Football, MoH Heroes 2

Where is your god now? zapasant's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    2887-9874-6238-6951
    wanna hear something worse, its been said that left handed people die 8 years earlier then right handed people

PSN ID: zapasant93

Ads