Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Sad, so Sad

Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]

Sad, so Sad

I've had the Wii since November, 2006 and I loved it up until now. I went to wal-mart and got to play the PS3 and Xbox360. I am missing out on some beautiful graphics. I considered on going out and buying a ps3 or a 360 but the problem with those is to get the full effect you need to buy an hdtv and I can't afford that kind of money so I am just buying more and more wii games. I am not really enjoying myself like I was when I first got one. Just thought I would share my little rant here. I am sure I would the Wii if I actually had an internet connection good enough so I could play online.
    I own these games: Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, Guitar Hero 3: Legends of Rock, Excite Truck, Resident Evil 4, Need for Speed: Carbon, Wii Play, Mortal Kombat: Armageddon, Rampage: Total Destruction, Rapala's Fishing, Super Mario Galaxy, NFS: Pro Street, Metroid, Fire Emblem, RE: UC, Wii Sports, Ice Age 2, Elebits.

Member #
    Friends
    3099-0319-5478-2979
    Well maybe, but the online is still getting worked out.
    (I like it, but many (360/ps3 owners) complain about it)

It also may be that you need to play the right games.
    Wii can dish out some pretty nice details.
    Just look at Super Mario Galaxy and Super Smash Bros. Brawl.
    Very impressive.

Or you could sell all your stuff, if your really unsatisfied.

CantGetAWii
    ProudWii60Owner

'I don't want to go back, I want a new day & age.'

Retired Moderator-[PM]

Brawl FC: 4682-8172-0512 [PM for add]
    Quote Originally Posted by Sumn0ob
    So all we have to do to become mods is be online all time I can do that on break which is now

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    1234-1234-1234-1234
    Not much of a "rant" per se...

Listen, the well of Wii games has been dry for a long time now, but now Metroid + Galaxy should break that drought for a little while until Mario Kart, SSBB, and Animal Crossing hit shelves. Give it time, they'll be here before you know it.

For the record, 360's are amazing. <3 Just because you don't have an HD TV doesn't mean you shouldn't get one, the games on Xbox are crazy good.

Super Moderator - PM me if you have any issues.

We Want Young Blood.

Member #
    Friends
    Are the graphics still great on 360s even without an hdtv? I've heard talk that you can actually hook it up to your computer monitor for hd effects, even on a simple crt monitor. May try that if I get it. Galaxy does indeed look fun but I have never been a fan of the Metroid Prime series so I am going to steer clear of that. I played that one racing game for ps3 and it was so beautiful I almost shed a tear lol.
    I own these games: Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, Guitar Hero 3: Legends of Rock, Excite Truck, Resident Evil 4, Need for Speed: Carbon, Wii Play, Mortal Kombat: Armageddon, Rampage: Total Destruction, Rapala's Fishing, Super Mario Galaxy, NFS: Pro Street, Metroid, Fire Emblem, RE: UC, Wii Sports, Ice Age 2, Elebits.

Member #
    Friends
    The Wii is definitely going to receive some top quality games one after another. I am sure that your love for your Wii will return as soon as you get your hands on Super Mario Galaxy.

The key to immortality is first living a life
    worth remembering. - Bruce Lee

PSN ID: Byuakuya

Member #
    Friends
    Maybe Byuakuya but I still feel like I am missing out being stuck with a dialup internet connection. I am sure there is a way to use the Wii with dialup but my god it would be horrible.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by MrKlown
    Maybe Byuakuya but I still feel like I am missing out being stuck with a dialup internet connection. I am sure there is a way to use the Wii with dialup but my god it would be horrible.
    You do have a point there. The 'Wii plus Dial-up' is a bad combination.

The key to immortality is first living a life
    worth remembering. - Bruce Lee

PSN ID: Byuakuya

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    1234-1234-1234-1234
    Quote Originally Posted by MrKlown
    It would be hell in fact. ^.~

The GFX are better than the Wii's on a normal TV, if that answer your question. Sure it doesn't maximize it's full capabilities, but it's still good. I personally can't wait for Assassin's Creed coming out the day of my birthday (Nov. 13th) for the 360/PS3, it's going to be top notch.

Super Moderator - PM me if you have any issues.

We Want Young Blood.

Member #
    Friends
    Lack of HD isn't a major stumbling block. While a 360 will no doubt look better on HD, it's not bad on SD - I mean you're talking about 480H vs. 720 or 1080. Widescreen (when supported correctly) is a much nicer presentation, but not crucial.

It's not like HD has more color, or better FPS, it's simply a resolution increase. If you're on and used to a smaller set (like <=27"), you're probably not going to miss anything.

If you want one go buy it!

~DT
    "I want to be more like the ocean, no talking, all action"
    - Jane's Addiction

"Ga-blaaaaagh!!"
    - Liliane Eva

"The grammar corrections around here are officially old and tired."
    - Celeste

Where is your god now? zapasant's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    2887-9874-6238-6951
    ya, i know what you mean, your just like me, when you have something good and you see something better you get bored of what youve got and you want the other thing, i can really relate to you

PSN ID: zapasant93

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Ads