LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    it's been out longer and online for portable games is easier to support, less information going back and forth.

duh.
    Wii games: Super Mario Galaxy, Metroid Prime 3, Resident Evil 4, Zelda TP, SSX: Blur, Excite Truck, The Godfather, and Mario Kart Wii
    PC games: Call of Duty 4, Halo 1, UT3, F.E.A.R., and The Orange Box.
    PS3 games: Ratchet and Clank F.T.O.D., Resistance 2, Wipeout HD, and MGS4.

Member #
    Friends
    5134-2285-1457-3930
    Quote Originally Posted by JAKE196
    it's been out longer and online for portable games is easier to support, less information going back and forth.

duh.
    So i guess what you are saying is nintendo is stupid then? So you are telling me the 3 years(most likely more) that the gamecube suffered from the lack of online, that we still have to wait for better online support in there future console. WOW, The damn Dream cast had better online then nintendo, then the ps2 had it, and wow hold up the xbox. Then this generation both the other systems have more info to process than nintendos console so why is it that they can still offer a better online service than Nintendo? This is one of the failings of the wii it should have been the next priority after the controlls but hey they want to make accessories instead.
    Don't Be A Fan Boy Its Not Benaficial

Confiscation of the Mind iOwnage's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    8957-2822-1883-9918
    Quote Originally Posted by yungblood6
    On a more serious not im just tired of the whole casual gamer shit period across gaming in general. We the HARDCORE have brought gaming to what it is today, not the casual gamer. But yet we are being weeded out slowly bit by bit. Just look at the games of today they get simpler and simpler every day. when was the last time you had a hard time playing a game (other than online).

I mean i remember when i used to play games and i would get pissed because i would die, but it made me enjoy the game that much better. Now game over is like a rare occasion in gaming. Take metroid prime for example i jump of a cliff like 2o or 30 times before it says game over wtf is that. i remember you had a certain amount of lives and when you ran out or didn't get any more it was over. I remember when shooters you get shot your energy didn't regenerate, you had to try to survive on what you had left. that made the game that much more entertaining. Now your health regenerates on all those shooter games even the military ones. This is not just nintendo but gaming period F**k the casual gamer. Now every thing is geared towards them, and we are just a fading memory.

I could really give a rats ass if my mom or dad want to play a game. To me if they waited this long to play a damn game they don't deserve it. I been trying to get them to play since i was a kid, but it was like no im too old for that. For the old folks in the homes i can understand but f every one else. We the hardcore have been trying for years to get you to sit down an play games but we were thought of as the outcasts. But now that we have surpassed the other entertainment markets every one wants to game now F**K that.
    CASUAL GAMERS ARE A DISEASE TO GAMING PERIOD!!!!
    Send this exact post and your one before this to Nintendo. It might remind them that core gamers still exsist and they should maybe acknowledge them.
    I agree with what you said before. Friend codes should be optional, something in parental controls or something. Us Nintendo guys who have been waiting for a decent online system finally get it and then have to deal with the friend codes. That is complete bull s**t.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
    Pain is Weakness Leaving the Body
    =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Member #
    Friends
    So i guess what you are saying is nintendo is stupid then? So you are telling me the 3 years(most likely more) that the gamecube suffered from the lack of online, that we still have to wait for better online support in there future console. WOW, The damn Dream cast had better online then nintendo, then the ps2 had it, and wow hold up the xbox. Then this generation both the other systems have more info to process than nintendos console so why is it that they can still offer a better online service than Nintendo? This is one of the failings of the wii it should have been the next priority after the controlls but hey they want to make accessories instead.
    I didn't say they weren't slow.

just answered the question.
    Wii games: Super Mario Galaxy, Metroid Prime 3, Resident Evil 4, Zelda TP, SSX: Blur, Excite Truck, The Godfather, and Mario Kart Wii
    PC games: Call of Duty 4, Halo 1, UT3, F.E.A.R., and The Orange Box.
    PS3 games: Ratchet and Clank F.T.O.D., Resistance 2, Wipeout HD, and MGS4.

Member #
    Friends
    3099-0319-5478-2979
    Casual turns into Hardcore.
    Hence Nintendo's approach to bring in the casual gamers.
    Practice makes perfect.

Trust me, Nintendo has big things planned

And "Hardcore" is dumb, stop saying it.
    Does it make you feel tough or something?

CantGetAWii
    ProudWii60Owner

'I don't want to go back, I want a new day & age.'

Retired Moderator-[PM]

Brawl FC: 4682-8172-0512 [PM for add]
    Quote Originally Posted by Sumn0ob
    So all we have to do to become mods is be online all time I can do that on break which is now

Member #
    Friends
    5134-2285-1457-3930
    Quote Originally Posted by CantGetAWii
    Casual turns into Hardcore.
    Hence Nintendo's approach to bring in the casual gamers.
    Practice makes perfect.

Trust me, Nintendo has big things planned

And "Hardcore" is dumb, stop saying it.
    Does it make you feel tough or something?
    Well i wouldn't expect some one of your age to understand. Gaming has been that culture that only the nerds would do, or the culture that every one else looked down upon when we say hardcore it means the faithful the ones that have been there through all the bull shit. We were there and stuck by gaming when it wasn't the popular thing to do. So yea when i say hardcore i do have a since of pride in the word. Because the same people that talked about, and looked down on gaming is the main target now and the ones that stood faithful and made these companies there money are getting pushed as side to cater to those that could really give a damn. We are the ones that made nintendo what it is and when they forgot about us thats when they fell off. But hold up the hardcore faithful where the ones that still played the gamecube even though most of the games where crap. Where were there casual gamers then? Nintendo owes us

Then are you nintendo's spokes person? Please tell me what they have planned that so big that the rest of us just don't know?
    Last edited by yungblood6; 11-05-2007 at 08:32 PM.

Member #
    Friends
    3099-0319-5478-2979
    Well i wouldn't expect some one of your age to understand. Gaming has been that culture that only the nerds would do, or the culture that every one else looked down upon when we say hardcore it means the faithful the ones that have been there through all the bull shit. We were there and stuck by gaming when it wasn't the popular thing to do. So yea when i say hardcore i do have a since of pride in the word. Because the same people that talked about, and looked down on gaming is the main target now and the ones that stood faithful and made these companies there money are getting pushed as side to cater to those that could really give a damn. We are the ones that made nintendo what it is and when they forgot about us thats when they fell off. But hold up the hardcore faithful where the ones that still played the gamecube even though most of the games where crap. Where were there casual gamers then? Nintendo owes us

Then are you nintendo's spokes person? Please tell me what they have planned that so big that the rest of us just don't know?
    It depends when you started playing, not how old you are now really.
    But oh well.
    Gamecube was all Casual gamers dude, look at the games.
    Actually, Gamecube was no one, as no one seemed to like it
    (I did though)

But with the Wii bringing in the casual gamers by the truckloads, most of them will become "hardcore" as you like to say it, or bored of the games they started playing. So they will look forward to something bigger.

Nintendo has taken note and is either planning a kick ass new console, or a slew of good games right up your alley.

Really I don't know, just a guess.

CantGetAWii
    ProudWii60Owner

Retired Moderator-[PM]

So all we have to do to become mods is be online all time I can do that on break which is now

Member #
    Friends
    5134-2285-1457-3930
    I feel like casual gamers do the exact same things that any one does casually when they get bored they stop. I think they are just a fad, a quick cash in, an excuse to make lame games, and excuse to not think of something new. That is the real reason why developers are jumping in the wii's lap they can be lazy and make a quick buck. where as the other two they have to do a little more work. Just think about it Nintendo and just a couple other developers are really making innovating games for the wii. How does wii,play, and wario ware out sell the two best games on the Wii?(Metroid, RE4) you see what casual games do to the real good games.Then twilte princes, i don't care what any one says is and has always been a gamecube game. They just didn't want to waste it on a console that already failed so they waited to release it on the wii. How is it that a port that came out almost 2 years ago sells so much(RE4)? They could have used the same controls and made an original game. You see every one is getting lazy on the development side to cater to casual gamers.
    Last edited by yungblood6; 11-05-2007 at 09:15 PM.

Member #
    Friends
    3099-0319-5478-2979
    I feel like casual gamers do the exact same things that any one does casually when they get bored they stop. I think they are just a fad, a quick cash in, an excuse to make lame games, and excuse to not think of something new. That is the real reason why developers are jumping in the wii's lap they can be lazy and make a quick buck. where as the other two they have to do a little more work. Just think about it Nintendo and just a couple other developers are really making innovating games for the wii. How does wii,play, and wario ware out sell the two best games on the Wii?(Metroid, RE4) you see what casual games do to the real good games.Then twilte princes, i don't care what any one says is and has always been a gamecube game. They just didn't want to waste it on a console that already failed so they waited to release it on the wii. How is it that a port that came out almost 2 years ago sells so much(RE4)? They could have used the same controls and made an original game. You see every one is getting lazy on the development side to cater to casual gamers.
    A Wii Zelda will come in a bit.
    It was brought over to the Wii because they figured it would make for a good launch title for the Wii and a good swan song for the Cube.
    And it was in both regards.

Company's are developing some nice games, seriously guy like there are hardly any "casual games" coming out soon. A lot of big titles are coming our way, and 2008 should be full of surprises.

Re4 sold well because the Wii is selling well really.
    Some bought it because they either never played it before on the Cube or Ps2, or they just want to play it again for kicks.
    Plus the 30 dollar price tag is pretty low for a port anyways.

Its all about playing the games you want to.
    If you don't like what the Wii has to offer why have one still.
    Sell it, just stop complaining about it so damn much.

CantGetAWii
    ProudWii60Owner

Retired Moderator-[PM]

Member #
    Friends
    3732-3369-2853-4491
    On a more serious not im just tired of the whole casual gamer shit period across gaming in general. We the HARDCORE have brought gaming to what it is today, not the casual gamer. But yet we are being weeded out slowly bit by bit. Just look at the games of today they get simpler and simpler every day. when was the last time you had a hard time playing a game (other than online).

I mean i remember when i used to play games and i would get pissed because i would die, but it made me enjoy the game that much better. Now game over is like a rare occasion in gaming. Take metroid prime for example i jump of a cliff like 2o or 30 times before it says game over wtf is that. i remember you had a certain amount of lives and when you ran out or didn't get any more it was over. I remember when shooters you get shot your energy didn't regenerate, you had to try to survive on what you had left. that made the game that much more entertaining. Now your health regenerates on all those shooter games even the military ones. This is not just nintendo but gaming period F**k the casual gamer. Now every thing is geared towards them, and we are just a fading memory.

I could really give a rats ass if my mom or dad want to play a game. To me if they waited this long to play a damn game they don't deserve it. I been trying to get them to play since i was a kid, but it was like no im too old for that. For the old folks in the homes i can understand but f every one else. We the hardcore have been trying for years to get you to sit down an play games but we were thought of as the outcasts. But now that we have surpassed the other entertainment markets every one wants to game now F**K that.
    CASUAL GAMERS ARE A DISEASE TO GAMING PERIOD!!!!
    I feel there are just as many hardcore titles around as ever, and people just dont realize it because there are so many sh*t casual games out there.

EDIT: added the *. i thought this forum censored your curses?
    Strikers FC:025884-970933
    RIP: Hidden in Plain View, Counterfit Pennies, The Early November

thanks to idjut for the sig!

Ads