LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    4103-3191-5795-3127
    Because its fun and offers a way to play some games like you havn't before.

Wii Sports, Red Steel (27%), Zelda : Twilight Princess (Forest Temple), Resident Evil 4 : Wii Edition (3-1), Trauma Center : Second Opinion (Ch2 1), Super Paper Mario (Ch 3-1), Mario Strikers Charged Football, MoH Heroes 2

I have Wii questions! Tullerdino's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    laurie lu - So, if it didn't have the Wii remote would you be playing another gaming system in its place? What kind of entertainment value are you getting from the Wii / these other systems?

Member #
    Friends
    The games are great. The controls really get you into the game. (Think Metroid Prime 3) Online capabilities. The console comes bundled with WiiSports. Standard. The console looks great. Doesn't cost an arm and a leg. 7 of my friends have Wiis, two of whom have online. Do you really want me to go on?
    I've got a Wii. 7 of my friends do too. I hope you brought your nunchuk.

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    Tullerdino, honestly if there wasn't a Wiimote, we'd still be playing our Nintendo Game Cube, PS2 or buying an XBox 360. Sure the Sony Playstation 3 and the XBox 360 have impressive high def graphics. But I believe over time, we become desensitized to those dazzling graphics and they eventually lose their 'wow factor'. Then you're back to the 'same ole-same ole'.

We have a very large collection of Nintendo Game Cube games. We can play these old games on the Wii perfectly fine. This was a big factor in our decison on buying the Wii. No need to start over creating a new Nintendo game collection.

Traditional console systems basically offer a 2 dimensional feel to gaming. But with the Wii, it adds that 3rd dimension to gaming because you're physically in the game. You're off your butt getting physical by aiming at targets and using the Wiimote to manipulate objects and game play. It's like you're one-with-the-game. No glazed over couch potato gamers in our house.

Just imagine what the upcoming Wii Fitness Board device will add to the gaming experience. You'll actually be able to use your entire body to interact with those particular games.
    Last edited by laurie_lu; 11-10-2007 at 10:25 AM.

Member #
    Friends
    this is the first gaming system thats really interactive

take wii sports for example, its the first game that really lets you swing your arm to bowl, or swing your arms to bat at baseball

also, for $249 compared to the other gaming systems it was a no-brainer

this is the first gaming system that has been "different", i think thats why its selling so much--i also think nintendo has raised the bar for everyone and expect that the next gen consoles will all have wii-mote type controllers of some sort

Member #
    Friends
    1606-9696-7776-6446
    I play the Wii because I've been playing nintendo products since i was a child. They have the franchises i grew up on, and continue to put out games for them, and as long as the games are still good, i'll continue to go out and buy them. Zelda was the biggest hook for me when the Wii was announced, as well as Super Smash Bros.

The way you control yourself in the game also is pretty damn cool. LIke in BWii, how you can twist the Wiimost to the side and your fighter jets mimic what is happening, and twist to that side as well, or Truama Center, how you feel like you're actually doing the surgery. Those controls really appeal to me and, like Laurie Lu said, added depth to the game. But seriously, i just as big as a fan for the traditional control setup as i am for the 6-axis controls.

And one more thing the Wii brings that the others don't is a lot of History. Like i stated before, I've been playing nintendo products since i was a child, and as i've grown up i've played so many great games that i really couldn't appreciate at the time. with the Virtual Console, it gives me a chance to go back and retry playing the games i loved and now that i'm older, i can actually READ the text and understand what's happening. And not just the nintendo games, but also the Genisis games i played. the fact that sega is in on that was awesome.

The Virtual console was actually the second biggest lure for me and the Wii. It lets me play the games, without having to go around hunting for an all but extinct console, and it's games. they make it easier for me.

I play the wii whenever i have time to Because i have work and school. It helps me wind down and take out some stress on the virtual bad guys. Whenever i go to parties, people beg me to bring my Wii with me, so they can play tennis and bowling, and some of my gamer friends who are big into xbox and playstation even want to see how the controls on the Wii are and want to play Zelda, just to be able to feel like they're actually swinging a sword.

That helpful? Because this post is already freaking long as hell haha
    EA Persona: JohnPetrucci
    BWii FC: 210 568 264 047 PM me if you add me

Newest Wii Purchase: Wii Zapper/Links Crossbow Training, Super Mario Strikers Charged

Member #
    Friends
    4855-3513-2198-8739
    Because I like the games, the new-gen and to be part of a new generation
    Tip of the day:
    A big mistake a lot of you make is that wiiware games will be free.

Wiiware is just the same like the virtual console. Its different in that it offers new games instead of old console games.

I can think of some easy games ( Like tetris and some other in that direction ) that can be free but the majority will cost money.

Member #
    Friends
    i liek teh wiimote.

ya.

tis the pwnzers.
    Wii games: Super Mario Galaxy, Metroid Prime 3, Resident Evil 4, Zelda TP, SSX: Blur, Excite Truck, The Godfather, and Mario Kart Wii
    PC games: Call of Duty 4, Halo 1, UT3, F.E.A.R., and The Orange Box.
    PS3 games: Ratchet and Clank F.T.O.D., Resistance 2, Wipeout HD, and MGS4.

Member #
    Friends
    dude to be honest i got the wii because i wana get the super smach bros brawl but now they moved it up 2 months so its in feburary but the wii is as good as the 360 because of the more hands on experiance with the wii

Member #
    Friends
    5658-7022-3844-5521
    It's just because it is the Wii!!!
    It gives you a special and different way of playing games...Each game's gameplay is usually different which make it interesting to try out new ways of playing a game. The "ii also have really good games it don't full fill the RPG area that much but it still got nice games which are fun!!! I could finally get my mom to play some video games. She would say before: "Don't they ever have educational games?" or "Why do they have some many buttons?". But now she is like hey lets play wiisports and I got to say yes to that. Eventhough I got a big pile of books to read for the university. XD

I also like the wii because its a different level of gaming I would say good graphics eventhough they are not HD + Interesting gameplay + Extra features + Good games and don't forget the FUN!!!

"Dont practice til you get it right, practice til you never get it wrong"

_____ _____ _____ _____ _____ _____ _____ _____ _____ _____ _____ _____

*MoHH2 Persona: DarkGundam
    *SSBB FC: 4167-4283-9144 (EDDY)

Ads