LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 35
  1. #1
    ...:..:..:..:..:.. el-zilcho's Avatar
    Member #
    34441
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    the cellar
    Posts
    608
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    2889-0567-4141-1338

    Letter To Nintypants

    After reading through this thread http://www.wiichat.com/nintendo-wii-...tml#post731804

    I thought it would be a good idea to create a letter to send to ninty expressing the ideas that peolple on this forum have concerning the wii menu /settings etc

    So if I start by writing a 1st draft , the next poster should copy and paste this, add thier own ideas , and/or correct and change it accordingly .
    Then the next poster should do the same .

    So in the end we should have a letter written by all of us that we can all individually send and see what happens

    But please keep the ideas serious and simple and only concerning menu/options/settings

    no we want a headset etc

    And if thier are spelling or grammar mistakes , no bitching , just fix it .

    I wonder if this will last



    OK



    Dear Nintendo

    I am writing to you on behalf of wiichat . We are an established and growing internet community with over ??? members .

    We would like to put forward to you a list of ideas which we have as a whole ceated in order to improve the quality and enjoyment of the wii menu and options settings .
    Some of the most popular ideas are as follows .
    Customisable menu options such as additional cursors and colours , screensavers , clocks , borders and fonts .

    We believe that these features would not be too difficult to implement and would give wii owners the option to bring a sense of individualisation to thier wii experience

    Yours faithfully
    the members of wiichat






    ok its just a draft
    Last edited by el-zilcho; 11-11-2007 at 04:32 AM.
    ____________________________________
    Spoiler Alert!

  2. #2
    Would you kindly? brendo's Avatar
    Member #
    21750
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    NSW, Australia
    Posts
    451
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by el-zilcho
    After reading through this thread http://www.wiichat.com/nintendo-wii-...tml#post731804

    I thought it would be a good idea to create a letter to send to ninty expressing the ideas that peolple on this forum have concerning the wii menu /settings etc

    So if I start by writing a 1st draft , the next poster should copy and paste this, add thier own ideas , and/or correct and change it accordingly .
    Then the next poster should do the same .

    So in the end we should have a letter written by all of us that we can all individually send and see what happens

    But please keep the ideas serious and simple and only concerning menu/options/settings

    no we want a headset etc

    And if thier are spelling or grammar mistakes , no bitching , just fix it .

    I wonder if this will last



    OK



    Dear Nintendo

    I am writing to you on behalf of wiichat . We are an established and growing internet community with over ??? members .

    We would like to put forward to you a list of ideas which we have as a whole ceated in order to improve the quality and enjoyment of the wii menu and options settings .
    Some of the most popular ideas are as follows .
    Customisable menu options such as additional cursors and colours , screensavers , clocks , borders and fonts .

    We believe that these features would not be too difficult to implement and would give wii owners the option to bring a sense of individualisation to thier wii experience

    Yours faithfully
    the members of wiichat






    ok its just a draft
    I like it, though i wouldnt expect to get a reply other then the generic garbage their customer service are told to say Its good to think we can make suggestions though so im for it.


    Xbox live gamertag: RogueAgent88


    Muse is my hysteria

  3. #3
    ...:..:..:..:..:.. el-zilcho's Avatar
    Member #
    34441
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    the cellar
    Posts
    608
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    2889-0567-4141-1338
    thing is if a load of us send the same letter ie: all those who contribute to this thread , then maybe it will make a bigger impact . I realise its more than likely a waste of time but i thought why not give it a punt !


    dont forget to paste and edit the letter if you have any input or corrections .



    Dear Nintendo

    I am writing to you on behalf of wiichat . We are an established and growing internet community with over 37,000 members .

    We would like to put forward to you a list of ideas which we have as a whole created in order to improve the quality and enjoyment of the wii menu and options settings .
    Some of the most popular ideas are as follows :
    Customisable menu options such as additional cursors and colours , screensavers , clocks , borders and fonts .

    We believe that these features would not be too difficult to implement and would give wii owners the option to bring a sense of individualisation to thier wii experience

    Yours faithfully
    the members of wiichat
    ____________________________________
    Spoiler Alert!

  4. #4
    No.1 Smurf Wii_Smurf's Avatar
    Member #
    6200
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    3,952
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    My version:


    Dear Nintendo

    I am writing to you on behalf of wiichat. We are an established and growing internet community with over 37,000 members.

    We would like to put forward to you a list of ideas which we, as a whole have created in order to improve the quality and enjoyment of the Wii menu and options settings.
    Some of the most popular ideas are as follows:
    Customisable menu options such as additional cursors and colours, screensavers, clocks, borders and fonts. We would also enjoy a VC channel which is essentially a folder which keeps all your VC games in it

    We believe that these features would not be too difficult to implement and would give Wii owners the option to bring a sense of individualisation to their Wii experience

    Yours faithfully
    The members of wiichat



    No Longer Have A Wii


  5. #5
    Would you kindly? brendo's Avatar
    Member #
    21750
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    NSW, Australia
    Posts
    451
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    rofl, spaming nintys inbox with the same letter is a great idea! my theory is if we just send it that much they will comply with our demands. Thoughts?..... i honestly dont think they care that much what we have to say. I think someone said in another thread that they're a multi million dollar company...they obviously are doing something right in their eyes


    Xbox live gamertag: RogueAgent88


    Muse is my hysteria

  6. #6
    CU Guild For Life! :DDD WiiWouldLike2Play's Avatar
    Member #
    8574
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Clearwater, Florida
    Posts
    2,116
    Friends
    34
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    2881-3576-4343-5770
    Oh, so we could fix it? All right, I'll take Wii_Smurf's Version, and fix that. :P

    Dear Nintendo,

    I am writing to you on behalf of WiiChat. We are an established and growing internet community with over 37,000 members.

    We would like to put forward to you a list of ideas which we, as a whole have created in order to improve the quality and enjoyment of the Wii menu and options settings.
    Some of the most popular ideas are as follows:
    Customizable menu options such as additional cursors and colors, screensavers, clocks, borders and fonts. We would also enjoy a VC Channel which is essentially a folder which keeps all your VC games in it.

    We believe that these features would not be too difficult to implement and would give Wii owners the option to bring a sense of individualization to their Wii experience.

    Yours faithfully,
    The members of Wiichat

    _December 19th, o8`_
    My amazing Games
    CounterStrike || Left 4 Dead || World of Warcraft: Lich King.
    Steam ID: APPLExCHiCk
    Wanna play CounterStrike/Left4Dead? Hit me up (:
    WoW - Realm/Vashj || Character/Zaduka || Horde, ftw!
    Status - O_o Just got back guys. Nice to see you all again!


  7. #7
    ...:..:..:..:..:.. el-zilcho's Avatar
    Member #
    34441
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    the cellar
    Posts
    608
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    2889-0567-4141-1338
    Quote Originally Posted by brendo
    rofl, spaming nintys inbox with the same letter is a great idea! my theory is if we just send it that much they will comply with our demands. Thoughts?..... i honestly dont think they care that much what we have to say. I think someone said in another thread that they're a multi million dollar company...they obviously are doing something right in their eyes
    ok fair comment brendo but this thread is not for debating whether we should send a letter or not , its for creating a letter that WILL be sent

    so although i understand and in many ways agree with you , please only post if you wish to add to the letter in order to include your ideas or improve its effectiveness .

    @ smurf and wiiwouldlike2play good good
    Last edited by el-zilcho; 11-11-2007 at 06:27 AM.
    ____________________________________
    Spoiler Alert!

  8. #8
    ...:..:..:..:..:.. el-zilcho's Avatar
    Member #
    34441
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    the cellar
    Posts
    608
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    2889-0567-4141-1338
    Dear Nintendo,

    I am writing to you on behalf of WiiChat. We are an established and growing internet community with over 37,000 members.

    We would like to put forward to you a list of ideas which we, as a whole have created in order to improve the quality and enjoyment of the Wii menu and options settings.
    Some of the most popular ideas are as follows:
    Customizable menu and display options such as additional cursors, colors, screensavers, clocks, borders and fonts. The ablity to change the audio effects of the start up , message alert and key sounds .

    We would also enjoy a VC Channel which is essentially a folder which keeps all of your Virtual Console games in it.

    We believe that most of these features would not be too difficult to implement and would give Wii owners the option to bring a sense of individualization to their Wii experience.

    Yours faithfully,
    The members of Wiichat
    ____________________________________
    Spoiler Alert!

  9. #9
    the best kid! samXcor3's Avatar
    Member #
    34872
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    1,457
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    3732-3369-2853-4491
    You should include something like this too, because you say your gonna talk about a few issues but you only say one.


    The WiiChat community, as well as the majority of the Wii Community in general, does not appreciate friend codes. The thing is, friend codes turn off the casual gamer just as much as the hardcore. Having to input 16+ digits per game (or whatever number it is--edit the number in) could potentially turn off casual gamers to the online experience, and definitely turn them off to the Wii system, and maybe video games in general. A simplified means of online, such as a username, would fix this. We know friend codes are for the protection of some, but there are parental controls on the wii that could further increase the security if implemented and publicized properly, and we believe it is in Nintendo's best interest to simplify online efforts to a single username, or possibly a mii with a username, so that multiple accounts could be provided per wii.
    Strikers FC:025884-970933
    RIP: Hidden in Plain View, Counterfit Pennies, The Early November

    thanks to idjut for the sig!

  10. #10
    ...:..:..:..:..:.. el-zilcho's Avatar
    Member #
    34441
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    the cellar
    Posts
    608
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    2889-0567-4141-1338
    Quote Originally Posted by samXcor3
    You should include something like this too, because you say your gonna talk about a few issues but you only say one.


    The WiiChat community, as well as the majority of the Wii Community in general, does not appreciate friend codes. The thing is, friend codes turn off the casual gamer just as much as the hardcore. Having to input 16+ digits per game (or whatever number it is--edit the number in) could potentially turn off casual gamers to the online experience, and definitely turn them off to the Wii system, and maybe video games in general. A simplified means of online, such as a username, would fix this. We know friend codes are for the protection of some, but there are parental controls on the wii that could further increase the security if implemented and publicized properly, and we believe it is in Nintendo's best interest to simplify online efforts to a single username, or possibly a mii with a username, so that multiple accounts could be provided per wii.
    point well made but this letter is only for issues regarding the wii menu/options/settings/display etc and not to do with actual gaming .
    So the content of your post should be included in a different letter entirely .

    ------------------------------------

    Dear Nintendo,

    I am writing to you on behalf of WiiChat. We are an established and growing internet community with over 37,000 members.

    We would like to put forward to you a list of ideas which we, as a whole have created in order to improve the quality and enjoyment of the Wii display ,menu , options and settings.
    Some of the most popular ideas are as follows:
    Customizable menu and display options such as additional cursors, colors, screensavers, clocks, borders and fonts. The ablity to change the audio effects of the start up , message alert and key sounds .

    We would also enjoy a VC Channel which is essentially a folder which keeps all of your Virtual Console games in it.

    We believe that most of these features would not be too difficult to implement and would give Wii owners the option to bring a sense of individualization to their Wii experience.

    Yours faithfully,
    The members of Wiichat
    Last edited by el-zilcho; 11-11-2007 at 07:51 AM.
    ____________________________________
    Spoiler Alert!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Ads

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts