LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]

Two questions before I buy

I don't have my wii yet, but plan to buy one soon before the Christmas rush (or after, depending on my money situation.) I just had a couple of questions:

1. Will the wiimote work if I play my little brother's Zelda: Twilight Princess that he has for GameCube? Or will i just have to use it like a normal remote?

2. Is there a way to play old nintendo games without buying them with "wii points"? Like, is there a way I can upload the roms I already have on my computer or is there a site that I can go to on the wii to play them for free?

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    2889-0567-4141-1338
    No and No

sorry dude

But on a more cheery note

WECOME TO WIICHAT

Member #
    Friends
    6069-9016-3559-6279
    1. If you play the GC version then you have to use a GC controller. Pros: Link is traditionally lefty and you play lefty link in the GC game, and theres less bugs in the GC one too.
    Cons: Its not a Wii game, switch to the Wii version and that game is mirrored so when you went left in GC you have to go right on the Wii.

2. Yeowch! Theres no thought police getting you, yet, lucky! Nope!! The point of VC is to stop emulation. Play VC!!! HAIL NINTENDO!!!!!! WELCOME TO THE FORUM!!!!!

Also do ya like this:

Brawl Punching Bag

Chibi Asuka!!
    ------

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    2482-6460-3144-9934
    Quote Originally Posted by MilseCools
    1. Will the wiimote work if I play my little brother's Zelda: Twilight Princess that he has for GameCube? Or will i just have to use it like a normal remote?
    No offence dude, but that's a really stupid thing to say. If it's made for the Gamecube then why would they enable it to be played with the Wiimote?

Also, I think you'll find that the Christmas rush has already started for the Wii's. We're all sold out over here.

Welcome to Wiichat!

-=Join The Waluigi Fan Club=-

Spoiler Alert!

52 Members and still growing!

Member #
    Friends
    i also dont have my Wii so thanks for awnsering my Q's

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by FRuMMaGe
    No offence dude, but that's a really stupid thing to say. If it's made for the Gamecube then why would they enable it to be played with the Wiimote?]
    That's not a stupid question. How do I know if the wiimote is actually programmed into each individual game? I figured: perhaps all of the functionality of the wiimote translates into normal controller motions through the console. Then, perhaps, there is an options menu where you can assign certain movements to certain buttons (i.e., swinging forward= A.) Not likely, but definitely worth asking.

So, given that, is it worth buying the wii zelda? Or should I just use my brother's GC version? Are the graphics better? Does the wiimote really make it that much more fun?
    Last edited by MilseCools; 11-12-2007 at 09:26 AM.

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Quote Originally Posted by MilseCools
    Thanks for the warm welcome (kinda.) I know this is a newbie question, but what's VC?

That's not a stupid question. How do I know if the wiimote is actually programmed into each individual game? I figured: perhaps all of the functionality of the wiimote translates into normal controller motions through the console. Then, perhaps, there is an options menu where you can assign certain movements to certain buttons (i.e., swinging forward= A.) Not likely, but definitely worth asking.

So, given that, is it worth buying the wii zelda? Or should I just use my brother's GC version? Are the graphics better? Does the wiimote really make it that much more fun?
    The VC is the virtual console. It is on the Wii Shop Channel where you can download games from older systems such as the N64, NES, SNES, and more.

The Wii Remote is really fun if the game uses it correctly.
    "For remember, fear doesn't exist anywhere except in the mind"

Don't believe his lies. KyleForMe's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    5710-8093-1849-3803
    No offence dude, but that's a really stupid thing to say. If it's made for the Gamecube then why would they enable it to be played with the Wiimote?

Also, I think you'll find that the Christmas rush has already started for the Wii's. We're all sold out over here.

Welcome to Wiichat!
    Much offense to you, cause your response was a stupid thing to say. The average consumer does not know the differences between the wii and gc aside from controller scheme. Think if you join a audio-tech forum and ask a newcomer question, you want to be insulted for your lack of experience??? Besides, if someone came on and said 'could I use my gamecube controller for this Wii game?' -- it would'nt be a dumb question would it, because you can for some games!

Member #
    Friends
    Frummage your a let down to the English, haha
    i am english btw

Member #
    Friends
    3099-0319-5478-2979

Welcome to Wiichat!
    Sorry but putting down new members, who do not have a Wii and may not know as much about it as you..is not needed here.
    We're all here to help, and were like this member at some point or another.

As for your questions.

If you want to use the Wiimote with the Zelda game, just buy the Wii version.
    And sorry, but you'll have to use the virtual console to get those old games.
    Its really not that bad.

CantGetAWii
    ProudWii60Owner

'I don't want to go back, I want a new day & age.'

Retired Moderator-[PM]

Brawl FC: 4682-8172-0512 [PM for add]
    Quote Originally Posted by Sumn0ob
    So all we have to do to become mods is be online all time I can do that on break which is now

Ads