+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    MrT
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    7092-4371-1466-6540
    Oh come one, not another rant.
    This whole hardcore gamers thing has been banded about so many times on this forum, its always the same and to be honest its getting boring.
    If you dont like the games that are coming out on the Wii, and you dont play it anymore, and you dont think its the console for you, SELL IT AND BUY SOMETHING ELSE!
    Its just dull having to read rant after rant, nintendo should do this, nintendo should do that...
    They are doing what's good for their sales, there are more impressive games coming out, but they cant please everyone (just read some of the 'My letter to nintendo' threads around here).

Member #
    Friends
    5701-4561-7633-7008
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagles
    I don't believe in this opinion. Yes we have more casual games, but we still get our "hardcore" offerings. Zelda: TP, Super Mario Galaxy, Metroid Prime 3 Corruption, Super Smash Brothers Brawl, Super Paper Mario, Battalion Wars 2 ect. I could go on further but there are plenty of "hardcore" titles. Infact we are getting them quicker then what we got on the Game Cube. These casual games can also be fun, mini game compliations may not be considered "hardcore" but if I have a couple of mates over they're a blast. Heck I'm sure you enjoyed Wii Spots, but that isn't exactly "hard core".
    i agree with Eagles 100%

There are plenty of hardcore games coming from Nintendo, and these are coming faster than they did with gamecube, by the end of gamecube's first year all it had was like luigi's mansion, loz: ww, mario party 4, metroid prime , ssbm and pikmin

now let's look at the list again 'Luigi's mansion, loz: ww, mario party 4, metroid prime , ssbm and pikmin'

we got a loz, a mp, and a mario party, and a lot more games(bwii, fire emblem, msc, super paper mario, excite truck) all from nintendo...

trust me the games are coming out a lot faster, and think of the overall selection of gamecube games now....it's awesome, wii is going to have a better selection, especially since it's getting a lot more third party support

the mario that's roomed with mush
    my wii is not connected to the internet, so i can't play brawl online for a bit....please do not spam inbox with friend code requests

Member #
    Friends
    3732-3369-2853-4491
    I don't believe in this opinion. Yes we have more casual games, but we still get our "hardcore" offerings. Zelda: TP, Super Mario Galaxy, Metroid Prime 3 Corruption, Super Smash Brothers Brawl, Super Paper Mario, Battalion Wars 2 ect. I could go on further but there are plenty of "hardcore" titles. Infact we are getting them quicker then what we got on the Game Cube. These casual games can also be fun, mini game compliations may not be considered "hardcore" but if I have a couple of mates over they're a blast. Heck I'm sure you enjoyed Wii Spots, but that isn't exactly "hard core".

I think we have the same amount of hardcore releases, but wayyy more casual games than ever before so people are thinking that the hardcore games are less hardcore when in fact they are not. i don't know why people don't see this. and if you think a games too easy--like zelda--why don't you consider the fact that the "omg so challenging " ocarina came out when you were like 9, so maybe your mind wasn't even old enough to think about the puzzles and it seemed hard.
    Strikers FC:025884-970933
    RIP: Hidden in Plain View, Counterfit Pennies, The Early November

thanks to idjut for the sig!

Member #
    Friends
    3732-3369-2853-4491
    Quote Originally Posted by Wii_Smurf

A better online experience is needed really. The hardcore games are coming. But with Metroid NOT being online it was a sure let down. At least we have Brawl, but by then many people would've changed onto 360 or PS3.

I don't really see why people expected metroid online. wouldnt you rather they took the time and got it right and made like a metroid hunters game for wii?

but anyway i'm pretty sure no metroid on the cube had multiplayer and any other console besides DS so why would they start now??
    Strikers FC:025884-970933
    RIP: Hidden in Plain View, Counterfit Pennies, The Early November

thanks to idjut for the sig!

Member #
    Friends
    4185-4226-9233-5237
    I just want Rock Band for Wii then I'm set. PC is for my "hardcore" games. Everyone knows PC's are greater than consoles for FPS's.

Quote Originally Posted by samXcor3
    but anyway i'm pretty sure no metroid on the cube had multiplayer and any other console besides DS so why would they start now??
    Metroid Prime 2 does have multiplayer.

An Instant Classic LevesqueIsKing's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Buy Galaxy.

Honestly, I had been feeling the same way, although I don't mind the casual stuff as much as you.

Then I played Galaxy. It made my proud to support Nintendo. Even little things, like the coin I got for reserving it (complete with a certificate of authenticity) are just a reminder that Nintendo still knows we're here.

Not to fit a mold,

Not to join a trend,

Not to follow a crowd

Member #
    Friends
    I personally think we're getting more casual or games that have been "casualized" because of the general focus on a specific audience by Nintendo. I don't have a problem with casual games built from the ground up, but I really don't like a game being dumbed down when compared to similar or the same title on other platforms. Wii isn't the only thing I play games on, so it doesn't really bother me. I have a PC for FPS, RTS (when I play them), RPGs, MMORPG... genres that are typically (not always) associated with a more hardcore audience.

Member #
    Friends
    5481-6878-4567-7796
    Quote Originally Posted by Wii_Smurf
    I do see your point
    I mean the Online isn't close enough to good yet. And hardcore gamers need these options.

Headset:
    Sure Nintendo don't want kids talking to strangers. So they could have a password protection within the parental controls to mute both mic and mic sounds during online play.

A better online experience is needed really. The hardcore games are coming. But with Metroid NOT being online it was a sure let down. At least we have Brawl, but by then many people would've changed onto 360 or PS3.

They have the casual gamers sorted now. They need to get on the hardcore train and catch up

it was their cynnical plan to make us believe that it's coming out in Dec. 3 so that people would buy the Wii instead of other gaming consoles! Now that they revealed it's delayed, for some people, it's too late now...

Very sneaky Ninty.... Very sneaky...
    Super Smash Brawl FC : 2921-8748-2416

Are u from the west coast and do you play 2v2?
    Add us and other people who play 2vs2 as well from this thread:
    http://www.wiichat.com/pacific-west/...westcoast.html

Member #
    Friends
    3099-0319-5478-2979
    Thats the thing.
    Wii is simply doing a better job of reaching out to the casual.
    But it has not left the "hardcore" in the dust so to speak.

All I have to say is Galaxy.
    Wow, despite the E rating that may turn people away, its easily the best game I have played in a long long time.

Then we have Mario Kart and Brawl.
    Wii's future is bright, don't worry about it.

CantGetAWii
    ProudWii60Owner

'I don't want to go back, I want a new day & age.'

Retired Moderator-[PM]

Brawl FC: 4682-8172-0512 [PM for add]
    Quote Originally Posted by Sumn0ob
    So all we have to do to become mods is be online all time I can do that on break which is now

Confiscation of the Mind iOwnage's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    8957-2822-1883-9918
    Uhmm... I'm not really sure SPM is a "hardcore" game at all. It was supposed to simple and attractive to casual gamers. There actually arent that many "hardcore" games out. Half the games out there are just mediocre games that devs just send out there to make extra cash. I can count all of the available "hardcore" games on one hand.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
    Pain is Weakness Leaving the Body
    =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Ads