Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Wii HD

Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by DaWgX
    ya, right after i switch the resolution. the weird part is that after i click TV/Video to get to the channel, it flashes the Wii menu (which is what its supposed to be, except black and white) then goes blue(on my TV it means no signal)
    If your TV is older and has component inputs it may not be progressive scan. Nicer older models (pre-HDTV or EDTV) can have component inputs but may or may not offer 480p.

That being said, even if you can't take advantage of 480p/EDTV resolutions component cables still offer an upgrade in visual quality, albeit small.

Id trouble shoot the issue by hooking up the composite cables it came with and giving it a good look over paying particular attenton to how pixelated the overall image is. Then, hook up the component cables again and keep the setting on 480i. Get to the same screen (the channels menu works great) you viewed for pixelation and compare this new image with the component input being used. Generally, component cables offer less pixelation on all TVs, whether its HDTV or good ole' 480i.

If you have a widescreen TV it should at least be 480p. If thats the case make sure the inputs are color matched properly (as stupid as it sounds when I got my component cables and hooked them up to the Wii I switched the green and blue inputs by accident because it was dark bhind my TV and both colors look similar in low light) and that they are in secure.

If none of that works I would retrn them and get the official nintendo cables.

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    Good idea, I'll go this Weekend. Just another $10

Yeah, Yeah. The DaWg is here.
    Posting from my Wii

Member #
    Friends
    buy official nintendo cables you tight asses, problem solved.

Member #
    Friends
    Third party cables work just fine. They're just wires, it's pretty hard to mess that up.

Member #
    Friends
    edtv....wasnt that a movie?

anyway have you tried straightening out the wires and seeing if there were maybe a kink in the wire? i know it sounds stupid but it happens. it shouldnt be the wii, it is most definitely the wires

Member #
    Friends
    ya, it turned out to be my crappy tv
    feel like i got ripped off, it cost $500 and it's not even a flat screen or an edtv
    luckily, by big screen tv is HD so i guess ill just do HD stuff on that

Yeah, Yeah. The DaWg is here.
    Posting from my Wii

Ads