LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Well hell, my wife is so f'ing anal she won't let me unhook the tv from the wall to hook the cables into it.....anyone want a wii for a good price? God, why did he make women so freaking anal.....

They call me Hammy! blueovalboy7's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    She won't let you unhook it? Wow, that is pretty anal, she not want cables hanging down or what?

Member #
    Friends
    Nope, she wants the cables behind the wall and they don't seem to make the wii compatible component cables long enough to hide them.

Tell me what you think about this tv: it has an 8ms refresh rate, at least that's the way I read it to be.

It's a vizio and has gotten 5 star ratings everywhere. They have it at
    wal-mart for $448.

Experience the lifelike realism of high definition video on this advanced 720p HDTV. The tuner can receive conventional analog channels (NTSC) and the new digital channels (ATSC), including over-the-air HDTV broadcasts (where available) and unscrambled digital cable channels. An exceptional contrast ratio and fast 8-ms. response time deliver excellent picture quality. An HDMI port and a variety of other inputs make it simple to connect DVD players, digital cameras, camcorders, game consoles and even your computer.

Note: You must have a source of HD programming in order to take full advantage of an HDTV. Otherwise, the picture quality of an HDTV without an HD source may not be much better than that of a standard-definition TV. Please contact your local cable or satellite TV provider for details on how to upgrade to HD programming.

Key Features & Benefits:

26-inch widescreen LCD

Delivers 1366 x 768 resolution with more than a million pixels for excellent picture quality at 720p

Built-in ATSC digital/NTSC analog tuner

Receives conventional analog broadcasts and digital broadcasts, including HDTV programs where available

700:1 contrast ratio and 8-ms. response time

Ensure deeper blacks and brighter whites along with less blurring when there is motion onscreen

HDMI, component video, S-video, composite video, audio and computer inputs

Accommodate DVD players, camcorders, computers and other gear

Two built-in speakers and virtual surround

Furnish room-filling audio with surround sound effect

3.49 inches deep with removable stand

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Meh for the price its a decent tv, but you can get much better. Looking for a 26" or around that size?

The contrast ratio is why I say it's just ok. If it had a bit higher contrast ratio like at 1000:1 at least I would say definitely go for it. Everything else is pretty decent, and Vizios aren't bad at all.
    Last edited by blueovalboy7; 11-15-2007 at 08:24 PM.

Member #
    Friends
    Well, could you give me something that you have in mind for a flat panel tv with the things you are talking about here and around this price range? Any help would be great....thanks so much for the help!!!!

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    No problem, lucky for you I've been looking into HDTVs for the past few months, and bargain hunting so let me look around on a few sites and see if I can find anything better. What sizes were you thinking?

Looking at it again I may not be able to find with a higher contrast ratio, but I'll look nonetheless.

What were you planning on using it for, just TV usage or some gaming?

Well for the money I don't think you're going to be able to get much better than that, I found a couple off brands with higher contrast ratios, but 700:1 is good enough on that size screen if you were in the 30"+ range I'd say definitely no lower than 1000:1 which is what the Vizios run at when you get into that range. I personally have found Olevia to have very decent quality tvs for around the same prices as Vizio. I was trying to find this:
    http://www.olevia.com/products/specs.aspx?pid=226t
    On one of the retail sites, but no such luck yet. Alright the Vizio should be fine and definitely at that price but if you want to check out that Olevia, they have it listed on Target's website for $499.99.
    Last edited by blueovalboy7; 11-15-2007 at 08:45 PM.

Member #
    Friends
    Thanks for the help! I looked at the TV you listed, and that is 1600:1 ratio, which is amazing isn't? Is a 26" an okay size for gaming purposes only? Also, this may be a real dumb question, but setting this tv on a stand that's about 36" tall would be kind of strange being you stand to play Wii games, well the Wii games we want to play any ways. Should I hang this on the wall? My next and last question though is this, do they make component cables longer then 10' so I can hide them if I do hang this on the wall? Thanks again everyone!!!!!
    Last edited by brewboy; 11-16-2007 at 06:29 AM.

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    I think a 26" is big enough but if you can, bigger is better, makes things easier to see. I personally haven't seen component cables that long for the Wii. Well wall-mounting is up to you, because your cables are going to hang down the wall. You may need to buy a tv stand for it that has a cabinet so you can hide all the wires and the console if you so desire.

Ads