LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    just some info ect.

Well the wii is not quite a next gen console compared to the xbox 360 and ps3. Itís the least expensive of the three (but not the cheapest in terms of quality), but built to be fun. Its not a multimedia box like the xbox and ps3, but only plays games with a few other features, but it wont play dvd's although it has a dvd drive. Maybe a firmware upgrade will allow you to play dvd's, but just assume that when you buy it that it cant play dvd movies.

It supports 480p but no other hd resolutions. It works fine on a normal TV. I think its the best console to get your kids. The xbox is mostly violent games or sports games and the ps3 is alot of money, and its unknown if it i will have bugs on its first release. Sony has had problems making alot of the ps3's and with all its production problems, I would be weary buying one until the first few batches are reviewd so you can find out if their are any defective ones. The xbox 360 btw has a high percentage of getting a broken one out of the box hehehe X Box... think... ahhahah... sorry um, and they tend to last only a few months then break. Search for "360 red ring of death" or "3 red ring of death" or "red ring of death" to find out more info on the xbox 360's problems.

What Iím saying is Iím worried about the ps3 and if it wont have the same problems. Alot of ps2 on its launch had problems, and considering the difficulty of making the ps3 (hence the 600$ price) that it wont ship with lots of faulty versions.

Nintendo has a clean record in terms of console releases and bugs. When they make something, they make sure it works... period. Buy with confidence.

Sorry, I know you didnít ask about this, but if your kid asks for a ps3 or 360 and you donít want to pay its very high price, you can say they break alot ect... and be telling the truth.
    Last edited by White-Wolf; 11-04-2006 at 12:52 PM.

Member #
    Friends
    6980-3796-3948-8393
    Quote Originally Posted by White-Wolf
    just some info ect.

Well the wii is not quite a next gen console compared to the xbox 360 and ps3. Itís the least expensive of the three (but not the cheapest in terms of quality), but built to be fun. Its not a multimedia box like the xbox and ps3, but only plays games with a few other features, but it wont play dvd's although it has a dvd drive. Maybe a firmware upgrade will allow you to play dvd's, but just assume that when you buy it that it cant play dvd movies.

It supports 480p but no other hd resolutions. It works fine on a normal TV. I think its the best console to get your kids. The xbox is mostly violent games or sports games and the ps3 is alot of money, and its unknown if it i will have bugs on its first release. Sony has had problems making alot of the ps3's and with all its production problems, I would be weary buying one until the first few batches are reviewd so you can find out if their are any defective ones. The xbox 360 btw has a high percentage of getting a broken one out of the box hehehe X Box... think... ahhahah... sorry um, and they tend to last only a few months then break. Search for "360 red ring of death" or "3 red ring of death" or "red ring of death" to find out more info on the xbox 360's problems.

What Iím saying is Iím worried about the ps3 and if it wont have the same problems. Alot of ps2 on its launch had problems, and considering the difficulty of making the ps3 (hence the 600$ price) that it wont ship with lots of faulty versions.

Nintendo has a clean record in terms of console releases and bugs. When they make something, they make sure it works... period. Buy with confidence.

Sorry, I know you didnít ask about this, but if your kid asks for a ps3 or 360 and you donít want to pay its very high price, you can say they break alot ect... and be telling the truth.

That information is so damn wrong, the wii is not for kids!

Name: Juan
    FC: 4253 0727 5993

No Asking For Rep

Member #
    Friends
    hey

I'm not sure if you are still around, but I recently read that there is also some form of parental control over the Nintendo Wii web browser, but details about this have yet to be announced.

Edit, I done some digging, and found where I read this. See http://gonintendo.com/?p=7849.

Edit, I thought I'd try to directly answer some of your initial questions.

Quote Originally Posted by DanieBark
    what does it do? I'm confused if this is a new platform altogether or other platforms get hooked up to it??
    The Nintendo Wii is actually an entirely new gaming console, and sits by itself. Although I think the Nintendo Wii has many other nice features.

Quote Originally Posted by DanieBark
    Will a Game Cube work with DS? Will the new Wii work with a DS?
    I don't think there have been any announcements about the ability to play the Nintendo DS on a television, and I actually don't know of any solution for doing such a thing. I also doubt that such a feature will ever be produced by Nintendo, but who knows???.

Edit, I think the Nintendo Wii wikipedia page contains all/most of the information you are looking for. See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wii, which contains information about parental controls, Nintendo DS connectivity, and lots more (just browse over the contents menu/listing).
    ---

I think its the best console to get your kids
    @Arcadium: I actually agree with White-Wolf. Also, how can you say the Nintendo Wii is NOT for kids? I think it's for people of all ages , and very much suitable for kids.

I think the Nintendo Wii may also be quite well suited for social gaming, as I think there are quite a few easy to pick up and play party/mini games that you may beable to enjoy along with family and friends. Although you may need/want to purchase additional Wii Remotes, which seem to be quite expensive, priced at US$39.99. Hmm, but maybe alot of these party/mini games will allow the usage of a single Wii Remote, that is handed around to others players when it's their turn to play.

Anyhows I hope I helped, I think my best advise would be to try it out . Sorry, I know it's primarily for your child(ren), but I wanted to make note that others in the family may enjoy it also, but I dunno.
    ---

Another edit, I thought I'd try and quickly write something about the Nintendo Wii difference.

The defining thing about the Nintendo Wii is its Controller. Unlike regular video game controllers, the Nintendo Wii Remote changes the way games are played. No longer are you limited to pushing buttons, but rather you can use motion. So with motion, players are brought further into the experience, and learning how to play is much more intuitive, making games easier to pick up and play. The Nintendo Wii Remote can also act as a pointer device, not only is this used to enhance gameplay, but makes navigation of interfaces/menus faster and easier.

Not only does the Nintendo Wii have the ability to play Nintendo GameCube games, but also you can download and play a selection of video games from a variety of past consoles. These are seemingly packed together and known as the Virtual Console, which simulate/emulate each consoles hardware through software. The current supported consoles are the Nintendo, Super Nintendo, Nintendo 64, Sega Genesis, and TurboGrafx-16.

Finally, I thought I'd mention to you about the Wii Channels. These are designed from a concept simular to television channels. These make up the main interface to the Nintendo Wii, and provide a means of launching each Nintendo Wii program, such as starting a game, or opening the web browser. There are quite a number of additional channels, I think the most commonly useful would be the News and Weather programs.

I think the Nintendo Wii is stylish, small and power efficient, and takes away alot of the things that scare non gamers away from video games.

cya
    Last edited by yosh64; 11-05-2006 at 03:35 AM.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcadium
    That information is so damn wrong, the wii is not for kids!

Its not? how so? Saying its for kids, does not say that its not for adults However. I'm getting it and i am not a kid.

It is good for kids because it actually has titles for kids (adults too), and it is the cheapest of the consoles and is not bloated for its price, and you get exactly what you pay for, A very fun game system.

Member #
    Friends
    great now u confused the lady!
    ....gotta take a wii

Nintendo Wii: $200-$250
    Balance on my account: $0.67
    Overdraft fee: $30.00
    Total: PRICLESS

Member #
    Friends
    6319-9882-8659-0638
    i don't think she's gonna need more info. she has left this topic guys xD

My name is Alan, gaming name is ZaLaN

Unofficial WiiChat Helper Link_of_Hyrule's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    7114-5214-3386-2022
    lol man i think you scared her off

Please PM me before adding me!

world crown chimpokomastr pizzaluvr's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    The xbox 360 btw has a high percentage of getting a broken one out of the box hehehe X Box...360 and you donít want to pay its very high price, you can say they break alot ect... and be telling the truth.
    sure, if you call 2-3% high, even on launch there was only 5% which is normal for LAUNCH consoles, at least it got better *cough cough*PS2*cough cough*

the reason everyone says it breaks alot is because of all the sony fanboys going "OMFG THIS XBOX BROKE, ALL OF THEM ARE FAULTY"
    Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    5981-2669-3238-7379
    She got her info and left and to be honest I wouldn't have stuck either around with you guys arguing like children.
    ~Well, it's been the ruin of many a poor boy and God, I know I'm one ~

Member #
    Friends
    Well, if you really want all the info, just go to Wii.com it gives you all the information that you need, also, you can call nintendo and ask, just call 1-800-255-3700, you may want to speak to an operator,

Hope this helps,
    Tyler Bryce

Ads