Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: A Wii for One?

Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]

A Wii for One?

Would there be any point in buying a Wii if someone was just going to play it for themselves and not bother with anyone else? I kinda thought it'd be a bit silly, but what do you guys think?

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    Personally the only reason i bought a wii was for parties and when friends are round. If i was on my own i would buy a PS3 infact i'm gonna buy a PS£ as well due to the fact it in my view is a better console for not only single player but FPS and Sports titles and also an amazing online gaming experience.

Hope that helps.

Member #
    Friends
    4855-3513-2198-8739
    Yea I do it all the time.
    Tip of the day:
    A big mistake a lot of you make is that wiiware games will be free.

Wiiware is just the same like the virtual console. Its different in that it offers new games instead of old console games.

I can think of some easy games ( Like tetris and some other in that direction ) that can be free but the majority will cost money.

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    5207-2685-9420-8549
    Single player games such as Super Mario Galaxy, Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess, Metroid Prime 3, Zack and Wiki ect. Plus the various online efforts such as Batallion Wars, Medal of Honour: Heroes 2, Mario Strikers and Guitar Hero. That sounds good enough for a purchase.

Member #
    Friends
    The Wii has some fine single player games. Check out Metroid Prime 3, Twilight Princess, Super Paper Mario and Mario Galaxy for proof. In fact I hardly ever play with others on the Wii since Wii Sports got old.

I never add friend codes.

Quote Originally Posted by AndThen?
    @ROB64 - The longer you spend on this forum, the more you realise that Napalmbrain knows a lot about everything.

Member #
    Friends
    2889-0567-4141-1338
    Yeah I actually dont rate the party type games too highly

nearly all of my wii enjoyment has been single player and there will be plenty more excellent single player experiences to come for the wii (i hope !)

Member #
    Friends
    dont know what to say but it mostly depends on the person and what goes on.
    Hey everyone it's me MRCOOLGH its been forever and a half since I came back on in fact its been at least a year and a half since I was here. Last time I visited Wiichat was 02-26-2008 and I'm gald to be back everyone!

Member #
    Friends
    Excellent question. Well, the Wii is great for partys and playing multi-player will friends and family, but it is also a great single player console.

Think of all the great 1-player games out there from Metroid to Scarface and Super Paper Mario. There are tons of games made for the single-player and even more in the multi-player genre if you are willing to play those yourself.

Like take my case for example. I have a little brother that will occasionaly play a game or two with me, but I am the only real gamer in my household. So most of my games are situated towards the single-player and I have tons of them.

Just to throw my point across, the games that were made specifically for the single-player usually get better reveiw scores, than party and other multi-player games.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Devil
    Excellent question. Well, the Wii is great for partys and playing multi-player will friends and family, but it is also a great single player console.

Think of all the great 1-player games out there from Metroid to Scarface and Super Paper Mario. There are tons of games made for the single-player and even more in the multi-player genre if you are willing to play those yourself.

Like take my case for example. I have a little brother that will occasionaly play a game or two with me, but I am the only real gamer in my household. So most of my games are situated towards the single-player and I have tons of them.

Just to throw my point across, the games that were made specifically for the single-player usually get better reveiw scores, than party and other multi-player games.
    Nice! Think that covers most angles of the question.

Member #
    Friends
    4688-4688-3523-9530
    Well put. Just to add a little something--- don't forget that Nintendo is slowly catching on to the whole 'online gameplay' thing. You can hop online with a title like Guitar Hero 3 and play online with others for hours!
    def-1

Ads