LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Accessories??

Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]

Accessories??

This may sound stupid, but I'll ask anyway. We just got Wii for our kids for Christmas, and were wondering what accessories would be considered "mandatory". We got WiiPlay with it, so we have 2 remotes and the one Nunchuck that came with the console. We also got a charging stand for the remotes and an HD cable. Anything else we should get for Christmas day gaming? How many remotes and nunchucks should we get (we have 3 boys plus us= 5 potential gamers)?

KillaCrgz So HiGh! craigkillercraig's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    7255-2084-5635-1535
    You might want to get 2 extra contollers and 3 nunchucks. It really depends on what games you buy.

Member #
    Friends
    Other nice accessories to buy would be the old game cube wavebirds if you can find them for cheap, ebay is ripping off people currently. I was able to hit my local gamestop and find them for $17.00. It's nice as you can play almost all of the virtual console games with the controllers and of course gamecube games. It saves you buying the virtual console controllers if your kids are into the old games and or gamecube.

Other than that we also bought Wii Play so we have 3 controllers still need to buy another nunchuck but in time. I would say get all 4 controllers you will be surprised how much you will want to play with the kids. I took my wii to grandmas house and had my 81 year old grandma playing golf she had a blast. Also had the inlaws over a few weeks back they are 62 and 65 and the next day after playing they bought a wii. It's a fun system because all ages can enjoy it even us old school gamers that owned the original NES

Bringer of meaty goodness DBloke's Avatar
    WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    8041-7231-3447-6164
    Need -
    Wiimotes (as mentioned you get one with Wiiplay)
    Nunchuck bits (try to keep it the same about as the wii motes)
    Games
    Classic controller (only if your gonna download VC titles)
    Recargeable batteries (the 2600 ones are good)

If your gonna buy Game Cube games -
    A Game cube pad (only get offical)
    A Game cube memory card

That is all you need all the other bits are not needed and are a waste of money

You new? See this!
    W
    ii U FAQ

Spoiler Alert!

@D_Bloke - My inane prattle

Member #
    Friends
    we have 2 wiimotes (for 2 of us) and the only time we have wanted more was to play mario party with friends.

a nunchuck each is cool and a classic controller if you want to buy and play VC games.

personally i would spend any more money on games - dont be scared o buying pre owned ones from a store either!

Es

Bringer of meaty goodness DBloke's Avatar
    WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    8041-7231-3447-6164
    Try playing like how I do
    Two wiimote tennis with me playing both sides

You new? See this!
    W
    ii U FAQ

Spoiler Alert!

@D_Bloke - My inane prattle

Member #
    Friends
    good choice in getting a charging stand, if you havent already bought one i recomend the nyko one. 30 bucks.

definately get one extra nunchuck, and probably another one with another remote if youve got 3 kids. if its not too much money might as well complete the set and get four of them.

then get 2 classic controllers and some Wii points from the store (little cards, 20 dollars gets you 2000 pts) and if you dont ahve a wireless router in your home youll need the 30 dollar Lan adapter and an ethernet cord if you dotn already have a long enough one.

thats all i can really think of for now. gamecube controllers are nice i guess,but not a manditory accessory. i regret buying mine because gamecube games suck in my opinion! lol (compared to wii games)

Gamertag/PSN ID=SensesFailxWiix if you add me send me a message via console or wiichat

Ads