LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    4185-4226-9233-5237
    Some gamestops have new stations were the wii remote and nunchuck are attached to the unit and run the power off that cord. So no I.D. needed or dead batteries.

Member #
    Friends
    As Clarke said, the ones around here now have the Wiimote and Nunchuk teathered to the system by non-removable power cords.

Previously I had to give them my drivers license to check out a wiimote, but never any money.
    Pokemon Diamond: Name:Sif FC:3952 3555 4891

Now Trading 1st, 3rd, & 4th gen starters, Phione, Rotom, Porygon, Dratini, Kecleon, Feebas, Castform, Tyrogue, and anything else I can breed.

Member #
    Friends
    Yea the only ones I've seen have tethered controllers.

Now I would just like to see Wal-Mart, Target, BestBuy, etc get those tethered controllers so I can check out new games (other then mario) when they come out. Thats typically how I buy new games.
    No Advertising

Member #
    Friends
    2095-4618-4329-6127
    To play the Wii at Gamestop is 100% free. If they are claiming to charge you money to play then that is the employee trying to make an extra buck off of you. Every Wii demo stand should have the Wiimote and Nunchuk tied into the stand so you can only stand about 2-3 feet away from the demo. Also Wal-Mart, Target, and Bust Buy already have the demo stands but, of course, they are only demoing Mario Galaxy because that will be the Wii holiday seller.

Here is a thought, how awesome would it be that if you were to collect all 120 stars within SMG and maybe max out the coin score on all the stages you would unlock a 2-5 min demo of Smash Bros Brawl. It just came to me when I was playing SMG. I know that it is highly unlikely that it will happen.
    ~Jinn Kawabata
    CFO and Public Relations of Uruhara Cosplay

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by sagema
    Gamestop pulls in billions of dollars a year to run hole in a wall shops. They let you demo games for free, and offer free info. Such as how to avoid the red ring of doom.
    What is the Red Ring of Doom?

Member #
    Friends
    2095-4618-4329-6127
    It is when the 360 crashes. You will get three red lights around the power button that will flash. Thus a system crash. Here is an example:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sHjNlFe9WDo
    If I remember correctly each light represents an error. I can't remember exactly what they represent, but once you get all three then all you have is a 360 paperweight. There are ways out there to recover from the red ring, but they are only temporary fixes.
    Last edited by Jinn K; 11-20-2007 at 01:37 PM.
    ~Jinn Kawabata
    CFO and Public Relations of Uruhara Cosplay

Member #
    Friends
    wow that is weird in every game stop i have ever gone to the wii remote and chuck have a cable attached so you can't steal it. i guess it is upto each store as to how they set their demo stations up

Ads