+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    ABC
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    1929-2278-1848-3419
    Quote Originally Posted by ocdan
    Ive seen Blu-Ray in action and the display they make of it it just self biased, I was at my nearest Circuit City and was watching a side by side comparison of blu-ray and hd and the hd side was so fuzzy looking it was worst than dvd, but then noticed it was all on a sony display with a comparison video by sony... I guess I could comply to your statement saying that people dont support blu-ray cuz they cant afford it, but thats just it, a majority of people don't beleive blu-ray would be worth it if it would cause serious weight loss in the pockets. I also dont think it would be worth it, since, like dvd, it will be unnecessarily expensive at first, and a few years down the road, price will probly drop a little bit... not to mention funtion over fashion. Sony just seem to always boast about better graphics and quality and it being such a peice of eye candy, but thats just it, a little upgrade in picture doesnt change the movie or whatever youre watching, and to me that doesnt seem to be worth it... yeah yeah i know that blu-ray also stores a whole lot more memory as well, but hey, I didnt really have any problems back when I would play FFVII and would jump to the next disc...
    Then the Ps3 is clearly not for you.

Member #
    Friends
    8573-5327-9660-0097
    I'll buy a hdd or blu-ray player when the format war is over and the price is normalized. Most of the movies I watch are from my computer anyways, so having a blu-ray player on a game console means little to me, same goes for a dvd player. Whether I had a ps3 or not I would still have an actual player in my living room, I dont want to play all my movies off a video game console. As much as the ladies get turned on by that. Nintendo is nintendo because they seperate gaming from all the other stuff, the way it should be. If I wanted to have all this stuff integrated together, I'd buy a computer....oh wait.

Member #
    Friends
    whats going to suck is that our things taht we depend on now will either have to be upgraded or will just be considered obsolete and the newer stuff will probly have a price hike for the new components

Member #
    Friends
    8573-5327-9660-0097
    Quote Originally Posted by ocdan
    whats going to suck is that our things taht we depend on now will either have to be upgraded or will just be considered obsolete and the newer stuff will probly have a price hike for the new components
    That's kind of how technology works.

Member #
    Friends
    i guess, but if it involves people having to pay more for not that much... eh, then again... blu-ray/HD players cant play regular dvds, can they? cuz if that was so, it would be pretty negotiable

ABC
    Member #
    Friends
    1929-2278-1848-3419
    How much was a DVD player when they firstr came out? Same stuff we are going trhough now with Blu-Ray. If you want NEW technology first, you pay for it. It's been that way since computers were invented and it will never change.

Member #
    Friends
    Yeah I am sure we all remember when dvd players first came out and how expensive they were... so what! There is a media war going on right now and who knows what media will prevail, lets think about this what happened the last time sony took a risk with a new media... you know umd's. What happened to those... they flopped hardcore. Yep the price will go down after the media war and then the price of ps3 will be even more ridiculous than it already is! Why would you even try to defend the ps3 everyone knows that it is way to expensive and that you can get an x box 360 and a wii for the same price. And sony is only losing the war already, they have lost so many exclusive developers so all the games that drive their system are going to be on every other system anyway.

WiiChat Member motherbrainrulez's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    8024-1926-5495-8435
    innovation huh? looks like someone stole someone elses idea

Thanks to Pepper for the sig
    I am leader of the Super Metroid fanclub

Member #
    Friends
    4727-8101-2072-3014
    Well actually just to clarify to everyone that Sony has been working on a UGG over the past couple of months. As well as Microsoft has their UGG (They call it a HDA though) So I am sure that Blu-Ray will fall in price soon enough.... just give it time. But other than that gaming consoles should be what they are..... GAMING CONSOLES!

Characters wanted for SSBB : King K.Rool, Lucario, Bubsy, Captain Olimar and Waluigi
    Clippers -- Buccaneers -- Ducks -- Devil Rays

Only took 4 years to get1 MetroidZ's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    1000-0000-0000-0000
    i havnt seen this video. but lmao. that was embarrassing.

Ads