LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 43
  1. #21
    Wiichat Member nic7's Avatar
    Member #
    1061
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Iowa, America
    Posts
    2,295
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    8853-1952-9704-6115
    Quote Originally Posted by chwisch87
    A couple of things. I like my Wii and enjoy the games i get on but lets get a few things straight.

    The third party is never going to take it seriously. Their big budget projects are still on the PS3 and Xbox 360. Why??? The Wii is a device that allows for anyone to use it with ease, its not really a major gamer device.

    Just take a look at the charts currently ... the Wii only has 5 spots in the top 20 and that number really should only be 4 as Wii play (number 2) shouldn't exactly count.

    Those games are, Metroid, Mario Party, Carnival Games (wtf), and My sims.

    Simply put, they are casual gamers, people that buy Pretty Pony's 4. So why exactly should I put a big budget project on that console?? The Wii has the most consoles sold but only the number 7 spot on game charts.
    (NPD source)

    To put it simply, the Wii is a fad. Everyone wants one just to want one because it is currently the cool thing to have.

    Yes it has great games on it and i hope that it continues to have good games. But the only really good games are STILL the ones from Nintendo and with MORE IMPORTANTLY with NO major third party developments announced.

    The PS3 in japan is already starting to bite at the Wii's momentum in Japan outselling it for two weeks and win FF13 comes out it will be all over.
    I couldn't disagree with parts of your posts more. Well, first of all, your top 4 games are going to be waaay different once you get more up to date sales figures. I'd expect Galaxy, Wiiplay, Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles, Medal of Honor, Guitar Hero 3, and maybe even Metroid to all be up there. Just one of those games are multiplatform as well.

    The PS3 will probably have Ratchet and clank...and maybe Assassin's Creed, COD 4, and Guitar Hero 3? The last 3 all being available on other consoles. (Actually, by next you can get them all on DS)

    The rest will be on the 360, PS2, and DS. There also might be a PSP title there too.

    The big developers are already switching over to the Wii. They are jumping on the band wagon. Third parties are getting it and even games that are getting 8-8.5's are doing better in their first week then the same scoring games on other consoles. The Wii looks set for major success.

    The wii is not a fad. Well, the Wii is a fad in the same way Pokemon was. For every person who thinks it was going to be just a fad, a new person jumped in and turned it into a phenomenon. The wii will have staying power. The 360 will come in second. The PS3 will decide if it's going to compete next year.

    I'll say it once and I'll say it again, 2008 is when we crown a winner.
    Last edited by nic7; 11-24-2007 at 10:37 PM.


    Thanks Star Striker for the sig.


    Support the Third Parties!
    Buy Zack and Wiki
    and
    No More Heroes


  2. #22
    Senior Member CantGetAWii's Avatar
    Member #
    9325
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    WiiChat
    Posts
    6,418
    Friends
    34
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    3099-0319-5478-2979
    Quote Originally Posted by chwisch87
    A couple of things. I like my Wii and enjoy the games i get on but lets get a few things straight.

    The third party is never going to take it seriously. Their big budget projects are still on the PS3 and Xbox 360. Why??? The Wii is a device that allows for anyone to use it with ease, its not really a major gamer device.

    Just take a look at the charts currently ... the Wii only has 5 spots in the top 20 and that number really should only be 4 as Wii play (number 2) shouldn't exactly count.

    Those games are, Metroid, Mario Party, Carnival Games (wtf), and My sims.

    Simply put, they are casual gamers, people that buy Pretty Pony's 4. So why exactly should I put a big budget project on that console?? The Wii has the most consoles sold but only the number 7 spot on game charts.
    (NPD source)

    To put it simply, the Wii is a fad. Everyone wants one just to want one because it is currently the cool thing to have.

    Yes it has great games on it and i hope that it continues to have good games. But the only really good games are STILL the ones from Nintendo and with MORE IMPORTANTLY with NO major third party developments announced.

    The PS3 in japan is already starting to bite at the Wii's momentum in Japan outselling it for two weeks and win FF13 comes out it will be all over.
    If you called it a fad about 6 months ago, I would be okay with that.
    But to say that now is a bold statement.

    Thing with the party games, or mini-games is, those are good starting games for all new Wii owners, showing that many people are buying Wii's.

    Third Party support will be getting better I am quite certain.

    But after all its done in this amount of time, and to call it a fad is just wrong.

    CantGetAWii
    ProudWii60Owner


    'I don't want to go back, I want a new day & age.'


    Retired Moderator-[PM]


    Brawl FC: 4682-8172-0512 [PM for add]
    Quote Originally Posted by Sumn0ob
    So all we have to do to become mods is be online all time I can do that on break which is now

  3. #23
    Wii-Convert chwisch87's Avatar
    Member #
    18622
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Omaha, Ne
    Posts
    88
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    6294-2382-1290-6912
    When the third party announces they are making Wii Exclusives, this yes, the third party support of the Wii will be better then. BUT this has not happened yet.

    Reggienator held a press conference sometime back when we pleaded for the third party to make games for the wii.

    The only reason the Wii is even getting games right now is because of ... the PS2.

    It's simply just PS2 ports that are making it over to the Wii because both systems have similar power.

    Yes there are some Wii games that are ported to the PS2 (which will help that system stay alive for the new 2 years or so), but i mostly its PS2 games like manhunt that are being ported to Wii.

    Now I'm not a Wii hater, i would really love to see a great Free Radical or Bungie or someone else to make a FPS for the wii with online. With the Wii-mote i would be on that game for HOURS. It needs to happen obviously for the long term sales of the Wii.

  4. #24
    Wiichat Member nic7's Avatar
    Member #
    1061
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Iowa, America
    Posts
    2,295
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    8853-1952-9704-6115
    Medal of Honor: Heroes 2, Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles, Zack and Wiki, Soul Calibur Legends, Trauma Center: New Blood, Ghost Squad, King's Story, Sadness, No More Heroes, Monster Hunter 3, Nitrobike, Rayman Raving Rabbids, and SSX Blur.

    Those are the big third party wii exclusives of this and early next year. And count em, 6 of those are games with famous IPs. Which, no matter how crappy, they will sell. The statement that third party wii exclusives aren't there yet is ridiculous. They are obviously there. In fact, perspectively they are destroying the PS3 with their big IP's.

    Oh, and Final Fantasy XIII may not be out until 2009 and it may still lose exclusivity. Kingdom Hearts is very close to being lost (And if PS3 loses that, it's in big trouble) and Medal Gear Solid 4 is in trouble too. Actually, I bet Sony loses either MGS4 or FF13. They won't keep them both.

    And obviously you claim to not be a wii-hater.. after you make a large amount of wii bias remarks in your first four paragraphs. May want to try for at least some objectivity before making that last paragraph.


    Thanks Star Striker for the sig.


    Support the Third Parties!
    Buy Zack and Wiki
    and
    No More Heroes


  5. #25
    Wii-Convert chwisch87's Avatar
    Member #
    18622
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Omaha, Ne
    Posts
    88
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    6294-2382-1290-6912
    Quote Originally Posted by nic7
    Medal of Honor: Heroes 2, Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles, Zack and Wiki, Soul Calibur Legends, Trauma Center: New Blood, Ghost Squad, King's Story, Sadness, No More Heroes, Monster Hunter 3, Nitrobike, Rayman Raving Rabbids, and SSX Blur.
    None of those are consoles movers, there are for the most part, second or third team games from the third party. Their Premier teams are still on the PS3 and the Xbox 360.

    Quote Originally Posted by nic7
    Those are the big third party wii exclusives of this and early next year. And count em, 6 of those are games with famous IPs. Which, no matter how crappy, they will sell. The statement that third party wii exclusives aren't there yet is ridiculous. They are obviously there. In fact, perspectively they are destroying the PS3 with their big IP's
    Really, Why are none of them in the top 20 list? Also ... none of the PS3 big IP's have come out yet, so how exactly are they destroying them .

    Quote Originally Posted by nic7
    Oh, and Final Fantasy XIII may not be out until 2009 and it may still lose exclusivity. Kingdom Hearts is very close to being lost (And if PS3 loses that, it's in big trouble) and Medal Gear Solid 4 is in trouble too. Actually, I bet Sony loses either MGS4 or FF13. They won't keep them both.
    Really ... FF13 or MGS4 on the xbox 360 is the most ridiculous statement i have ever heard. Both have said absolutely that they are PS3 exclusive.

  6. #26
    Man Points: Over 9000 kiraownsurmom's Avatar
    Member #
    14656
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    somewhere stealin` nintendocam's cookees
    Posts
    1,913
    Friends
    26
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    6958-3537-3855-1215
    selective reading...
    sounds good anyway
    PKMN446793374997
    MMSF356599059396
    ~if i owned a death note.you would be first!
    Spoiler Alert!

    Spoiler Alert!

  7. #27
    Zyl0nB Walugi's Avatar
    Member #
    37739
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    288
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    2704-5528-6520-6101
    i would shit my pants daily for gears on wii.

    plz msg me if you wanna play mario kart or metroid on the DS.

  8. #28
    WiiChat Member Dayoh's Avatar
    Member #
    36880
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    71
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    5746-7180-9727-6581
    Really ... FF13 or MGS4 on the xbox 360 is the most ridiculous statement i have ever heard.
    Actually MGS is in trouble, well PS3 is for that franchise there are thinking about removing the exclusive and making it multiplatform due to low PS3 sales.

    With PS3 sales low and other third parties dropping Exclusivity for their PS3 titles, it seems Konami may follow the trend. Today a Konami exec said that the $100 price drop may not be enough to save the system and Konami may need to bring Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots to other consoles as well as the PS3.
    Thats a rumor but i keep reading it everywhere..

    Also PS3 lost the excluse to "Devil May Cry 4".

  9. #29
    Bleach & Heroes fan. Byuakuya's Avatar
    Member #
    13437
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Soul Society
    Posts
    6,251
    Friends
    8
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    A very cool find indeed. Thanks for sharing.

    The key to immortality is first living a life
    worth remembering. - Bruce Lee


    PSN ID: Byuakuya


  10. #30
    Wii-Convert chwisch87's Avatar
    Member #
    18622
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Omaha, Ne
    Posts
    88
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    6294-2382-1290-6912
    1. Metal Gear Solid 4 will not be on the 360. That is a pipe dream of Xbots and that rumor has been shot down multiple times.

    As a developer, we've worked the same way since the days of the SNES. We're simply not set up for multi-platform development.
    - from Konami boss Seabass Takatsuka.

    If it is on the Xbox 360 will be there sometime by 2009, assuming Konami doesn't want to move on to other projects. I find it unlikely that they are going to waste time with a 360 port.

    2. Final Fantasy 13 on the Xbox 360 is just plain NEVER NEVER NEVER going to happen.

    FF13 is being designed from the ground up to max out the PS3 console. This is what Square does, Whenever Sony builds a new console, Square makes a FF game to max out the console with always beautiful results.

Ads

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts