Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    KillaCrgz So HiGh! craigkillercraig's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    7255-2084-5635-1535
    Online for the wii will continue to suck as long as it remains free. Meaning we'll have to pay them to perfect it.

Member #
    Friends
    2704-5528-6520-6101
    not true.
    gt though.
    itll be free and good soon.
    mohh2 is the first step.

plz msg me if you wanna play mario kart or metroid on the DS.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by craigkillercraig
    Online for the wii will continue to suck as long as it remains free. Meaning we'll have to pay them to perfect it.
    I disagree, Nintendo is making so much money, especially with the VC and all that.

Online just isn't one of their biggest priorities. They are still making a solid effort though. I'm fairly happy with the online actually. I really don't mind typing in a # to play w/ my friends, I'm not thaaat lazy.
    Wii games: Super Mario Galaxy, Metroid Prime 3, Resident Evil 4, Zelda TP, SSX: Blur, Excite Truck, The Godfather, and Mario Kart Wii
    PC games: Call of Duty 4, Halo 1, UT3, F.E.A.R., and The Orange Box.
    PS3 games: Ratchet and Clank F.T.O.D., Resistance 2, Wipeout HD, and MGS4.

Member #
    Friends
    dbt3 will be online

Member #
    Friends
    8745-5143-2651-5351
    Quote Originally Posted by vashivihan
    they are getting srious about it. we have mohh2 which is a great game online....anyone agree with me?
    No. MOHH2 was made in spite of NoA. George Harrison spent as much time as possible saying Wii owners didn't want aggressive online games, which led to less 3rd party investment (since they figured the VP of Marketing at Nintendo probably knew what he was talking about), which led to players regarding the Wii as a kiddie device (since the library suffered from lack of hardcore investment) which led an actual shrink in the size of the hardcore audience (since they now count on other platforms to scratch their itch for hardcore gaming).

They're having plenty of financial success on their casual-centric strategy, and they don't care about us. If we get what we want, it'll be because a 3rd party stepped up.

Friend Codes have been around for years, and they're probably not going anywhere as far as 1st party games are concerned. If MOHH2 is a huge sales success (unlikely), it could spur other 3rd parties to follow their FC-free path. A wii headset is likely, once Nintendo releases a 1st party game that they feel will benefit from it (I expect it to be released when Mario Kart hits)--but it will will be of limited use unless more mature 3rd party titles implement it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jake
    I really don't mind typing in a # to play w/ my friends, I'm not thaaat lazy.
    I'm the only person I know with a Wii. And I bought my Wii to play, not to work. When I get on to play, I just want to play, not go mining the net for FCs. Kids have time to do that, heck, I think they enjoy it. I don't on both counts.
    Last edited by Wiinter; 11-26-2007 at 01:39 PM.

MOHH2: AoW fortunz
    xfire: fortunzfavor

I am mianmini at IGN. fortunzfavor [at] netzero [dot] net

Member #
    Friends
    3099-0319-5478-2979
    I don't mind what we have right now. The codes can be tiring, especially when I don't always buy games. I rent a lot so I'm not always able to get codes.

If only every game could be code free like EA style

CantGetAWii
    ProudWii60Owner

'I don't want to go back, I want a new day & age.'

Retired Moderator-[PM]

Brawl FC: 4682-8172-0512 [PM for add]
    Quote Originally Posted by Sumn0ob
    So all we have to do to become mods is be online all time I can do that on break which is now

Member #
    Friends
    7500-4049-1798-0971
    I am looking forward to more online play. When you bring online into a game, it opens up a whole new world of the game. Keeps it exciting and fun to compete against other online gamers.
    It's just nice to have the option there, especially for the sports games and various other simulation games.
    HAPPY HOLIDAYS FROM Dubb's Wii

a sig designed by FRuMMaGe
    Dubb's Wii : 7500 4049 1798 0971
    Guitar Hero 3 Code : 210570817462

Member #
    Friends
    nintendo is definately not being serious about their online they dont care as far as I see.
    Hey everyone it's me MRCOOLGH its been forever and a half since I came back on in fact its been at least a year and a half since I was here. Last time I visited Wiichat was 02-26-2008 and I'm gald to be back everyone!

Member #
    Friends
    8211-0763-7929-1645
    I'm getting my wireless set up very soon i cant wait to try it all out and get set up for brawl... maybe they are pushing it back just for on line reasons maybe Nintendo are hiding some secret their going to unleash at the begging on next year maybe they are listing to peoples plea's and are going to change the friend code problem... i cant wait to just give it all a shot on line with the wii mote... i play a fair bit on the computer on line but haven't done much on line console gaming
    I left wii-chat in the 09 disaster

Member #
    Friends
    8799-9801-1544-7718
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiinter
    No. MOHH2 was made in spite of NoA. George Harrison spent as much time as possible saying Wii owners didn't want aggressive online games, which led to less 3rd party investment (since they figured the VP of Marketing at Nintendo probably knew what he was talking about), which led to players regarding the Wii as a kiddie device (since the library suffered from lack of hardcore investment) which led an actual shrink in the size of the hardcore audience (since they now count on other platforms to scratch their itch for hardcore gaming).

They're having plenty of financial success on their casual-centric strategy, and they don't care about us. If we get what we want, it'll be because a 3rd party stepped up.

Friend Codes have been around for years, and they're probably not going anywhere as far as 1st party games are concerned. If MOHH2 is a huge sales success (unlikely), it could spur other 3rd parties to follow their FC-free path. A wii headset is likely, once Nintendo releases a 1st party game that they feel will benefit from it (I expect it to be released when Mario Kart hits)--but it will will be of limited use unless more mature 3rd party titles implement it.

I'm the only person I know with a Wii. And I bought my Wii to play, not to work. When I get on to play, I just want to play, not go mining the net for FCs. Kids have time to do that, heck, I think they enjoy it. I don't on both counts.
    oh so u dont think that the online play for moh h2 is good? must be something i missed while me and many other people were having a blast playing online.

Ads