Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    6636-1630-0874-1365

Is Nintendo Serious About Online?

Voice your opinion and discuss wether Nintendo is trying their best or just trying to put out the least amount of effort into making online for the Wii.

:IMO: I see Nintendo is not really trying to implement online successfully into their games. 1 point is that their friend codes are just a bunch of crap. Little kids should have parental control or shouldnt even be buying games rated T or M. Allow Friend codes for Pokemon ect.
    I hope they clean up their act and release a headset and perfect Brawl's online before it comes out.
    Arguing Over The Internet Is Like Participating In The Special Olympics, Even If You Win You Are Still Retarded.
    Super Smash Bros Brawl:
    2320-5790-2320

Mario Strikers friend code:
    494028-363289

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    Ninty is obviously not putting 100% effort into online stuff. However, it's still there for the people who want to use it. I personally couldn't care less about online stuff, but i know there is a lot of gamers who like to play online.

I think if Ninty want to keep up their success then they should focus more on online play.

Member #
    Friends
    "Ninty"...
    aren't you cool!

Member #
    Friends
    5873-1290-1753-2112
    I'd be more mad if their online service wasn't free. You know, some of us don't have jobs, yet. With all those online perks comes the money needed to maintain them.

All the money I DO make needs to go towards the games. I had to trade in Resident Evil 4 and Super Paper Mario to get Super Mario Galaxy! I wouldn't be able to afford Nintenlive.

But, if the online remained free... That's another story.
    GAME OVER

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    I find it frustrating that so many games come out simultaneously for the XBox 360 and PS3 and Wii, and will advertise "Online play for the Xbox and Playstation versions" implying "but not for you poor Wii users". I mean, what the hell? It's obviously there in the game, obviously the developer wants to offer it. Why is Nintendo being such a roadblock here? LEGO Star Wars comes to mind... just watch the trailer on IGN.

The Wii has online ability. Nintendo needs to stop being a jerk and let it happen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Napalmbrain (Moderator)
    Even if we can somehow keeps this place moderated, eventually the webhosting is going to lapse or something like that, and I doubt i0n's going to be around to fix it. So basically I'm encouraging everyone to migrate over to Link Removed
    Quote Originally Posted by FR. (Moderator)
    i0n just lost interest in this website. And, since no forum can run without an administrator, this forum is basically doomed. Everyone might as well join somewhere else, because if i0n doesn't pay vBulletin, the site will shut down.

Member #
    Friends
    5030-0854-5625-1802
    I don't think so.

And it's unfortunate. I really enjoy playing games online, and that's where the 360 and even the PS3 exceed the Wii substantially.

I really enjoy the gameplay of the Wii, but until they come out with some impressive online play - I'm not going to be bragging about it to my xbox friends.

Member #
    Friends
    8799-9801-1544-7718
    they are getting srious about it. we have mohh2 which is a great game online. there are titles coming out that are going to be a major hit. all o f them are online. check out the link to that.http://www.wiichat.com/nintendo-wii-...ine-games.html. now only if they had no friend codes, headset then wii would give 360 and ps3 a run for its money. anyone agree with me?

Holy Trinity of Nintendo devitek's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    6202-9304-2933-3293
    Right now, online play isn't high on my list. I can take it or leave it. I've had MOHH2 for like a week now and haven't gone online with it yet. Of course, I also picked up Galaxy, Zack and Wiki, and RE:UC all at about the same time.

From what I see, though, online play caters more to the hardcore gamer than it would to the casual one. Since the system is still being targeted to the casual gamer, online capabilities have taken a back seat.

Online is not essential to the longevity of this system, period. It would help boost sales a bit, but right now they really don't need it. I can see it happening in the future, but it's never going to be as prolific as it is for the 360 and PS3.

Mario, Zelda, Metroid -- The Holy Trinity of Nintendo

Member #
    Friends
    3732-3369-2853-4491
    i think brawl will be a good indicator of where nintendo REALLY wants to take their online gaming. until this happens, or some third party does the one two punch of an actual solid game with stellar online gameplay, then i think nintendo will continue on the path its on. however i dont see how its possible to have brawl be such a massive title and not have good online, sans friend codes, and how can they expect to have FC's when their boasting 16 player online races for mario kart?? something's gotta give.
    Strikers FC:025884-970933
    RIP: Hidden in Plain View, Counterfit Pennies, The Early November

thanks to idjut for the sig!

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    I disagree. We are an online, interconnected society now. Online is essential to the longevity of the system, from both a perception standpoint and a practical one. People are asking for it, and getting louder and louder.

Also, online increases the longevity of a given game. Being online allows for unlimited replayability with continuously varied opponents/scenarios. It's in the interest of game makers to have every game entrench itself into the mindshare of users as much as possible before they make the sequel. Online allows for this. Granted not every game lends itself to online, but many do. I live alone... I'd rather play Mario Party 8 against random online humans than the game's built-in AI any day. A generic FPS mode of Metroid Prime 3 would be interesting and make the game valuable even once I complete it. The list goes on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Napalmbrain (Moderator)
    Even if we can somehow keeps this place moderated, eventually the webhosting is going to lapse or something like that, and I doubt i0n's going to be around to fix it. So basically I'm encouraging everyone to migrate over to Link Removed
    Quote Originally Posted by FR. (Moderator)
    i0n just lost interest in this website. And, since no forum can run without an administrator, this forum is basically doomed. Everyone might as well join somewhere else, because if i0n doesn't pay vBulletin, the site will shut down.

Ads