Ipod
    Book
    Jimmy John's
    Sobe
    MacBook w/dvds
    CASH
    and those cushion things used for hunting

all fit snuggly in a backpack and coat pocket without fatigue

as for the weapon thing, i say dont be packing, you could be searched and kicked out of line if security has learned a few things from past events ( Like we all have). I say just form a crowd before you walk out so youll be protected in numbers, and keep a baseball bat in yer car.

and coffee lovers, I recommend holding off unless you are priveleged to bathroom breaks without spot in line lost, Coffee passes through much quicker than normal liquids.
    Last edited by ocdan; 11-05-2006 at 09:29 PM.

That Cat is a Mess Messykitty414's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by ocdan
    Ipod
    Book
    Jimmy John's
    Sobe
    MacBook w/dvds
    CASH
    and those cushion things used for hunting

all fit snuggly in a backpack and coat pocket without fatigue

as for the weapon thing, i say dont be packing, you could be searched and kicked out of line if security has learned a few things from past events ( Like we all have). I say just form a crowd before you walk out so youll be protected in numbers, and keep a baseball bat in yer car.

and coffee lovers, I recommend holding off unless you are priveleged to bathroom breaks without spot in line lost, Coffee passes through much quicker than normal liquids.
    Yeah I'm not taking a weapon, but a bat in your car wouldn't make much of a difference if you got attacked on the way to your care

*punch* man I wish I had that bat about now

Member #
    Friends
    A tip for camping out is not to overpack. I went camping for the first time to get the 360 and you really don't need that much. You'll interact in line and even sleep if your not to caffienated or excited(which most of us are.)

A quick camping story that is humorous, yet cruel.

I was camping for the Xbox 360 at Best Buy and by 2:30-3:00 A.M. that morning the line filled up and they told us that from a certain point, nobody would be getting a system. I was 4th in line so that really didn't matter to me. But of course, you have the SUV driving Mom's who will do anything to please their kids. So we had about 3 Moms pull up to the store about 15 minutes before opening thinking they'd beat the crowd. So when the Mom's got out of their cars these groups of teenagers would yell out, "Hurry, there's one left, Hurry!" and these Mom's, one who was obese, would run, purses flapping, towards the line. Then when they got to the line the teenagers would tell them they ran out 6 hours ago. One Mom almost punched the kid. The other 2 had remarks like, "Assholes" and other things that shall not be uttered on this forum. The last one just said, "Well, off to Target.

Some just never give up.

Member #
    Friends
    Ah man thats mean..

Im going to Walmart at 3pm Saturday..maybe earlier

Bringing DS with warioware touched, Mariokart, and advanced wars
    20 bucks for snacks and mcdonalds
    credit card
    fold up chair
    My green laser.. Go Nintendo!

My Wii Code : 6547 - 0888 - 4319 - 0033
    My SSBB Code : 3609 - 0863 - 8108

Please feel free to add me, ill reply asap.

Pwn'n n00bs since 1989 Spitfire_K's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    0908-1940-6799-6591
    I agree with Rand. That is mean, but hilarious and 3pm Satuday or earlier sounds good.
    -_-Spitfire_K-_-

Waited 13 hours, but I got my Wii!
    If you want to be my Friend, PM me your code!
    Wii Status: Offline
    Goldeneye on VC....
    Quote Originally Posted by Spitfire_K
    But Rare is Microsoft's bitch, so if Microsoft throws a fit, which is likely since the big N is their competition, it won't happen. Just don't get your hopes up, guys.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by tuned
    Sounds like a good list, I don't know how the whole fold up chair thing is gonna work, but I hope it doesn't hinder my ability to beat a crowd once they open the gates to the stores But when I do (assuming my plans pan out) camp out, I hope to bring a folding chair, my ds of course, and coffee/bottle of water and small snack(s). Oh yeah, and I do have a preorder, I just wanna make sure I get my copy, that day.

I know, we're both moronic geeks. No argument there.
    You know you could find someone who's not buying one and have them hold your stuff while you sprint(i mean full speed) to the wii
    I must have the Wii.It calls out to me.

Wii:Come and wave me around

Me:Shut Up. I'm trying to sleep.

Member #
    Friends
    8426-6514-9175-8079
    Who would be there that isn't buying a Wii?

See I made it my own! RELIGION *whoosh* wow a 50 page thread bout how there beliefs are right and you are all wrong wow. Oh do want to be different rep! even if I don't help it seems to happen a lot here

Member #
    Friends
    2528-7696-5174-8862
    I might just rock up at 11pm outside toys r us for the midnight launch wtih my Ipod watching some TP videos on it. wait till midnight. Grab my wii and walk out. Sweet as

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Messykitty414
    Well my walmart is 24/7 and I don't know if they're doing the the whole close down for 2 hours thing, but I'll just go with a jacket and a tazer, my friend will be waiting with me as well so at least I'll have someone to talk to
    Excuse me, What?, Did you just say a TAZER?!!

Remember, get your wii photos and vids on the site as a soon as possible when you get it please!

I hate Photobucket

Member #
    Friends
    7368-8559-7526-8152
    cell phone
    bluetooth handsfree headset
    maybe some water and a couple caffeine pills

Coffee will make you have to get out of line to go to the bathroom. I'd recommend not drinking anything before you go - that's a lot of hours holding it while you wait in line. I also may bring a stool - or take one from somewhere else in the store (walmart). This way, it doesn't look like you're sitting down while everyone else is standing up (they'd probably try to cut in front of you or something - unless of course, they were sitting too...)

That's my plan, but I really hope I don't have to stay in line for too long.

EDIT: As for weapons, I'm thankful that I live in a country with a second amendment. Unless Wal-Mart (or another retailer) posts a firearm free zone, they can't prevent you from having weapons.

SOMETHING EXTRA: I've never camped before, but I have a best friend who camped out for 10+ hours for the 360. People cut. It's important to be alert, and avoid having to leave the line. Try not to leave hungry or just after drinking a lot of fluids for the store. Remember that caffeine will make you go to the bathroom faster than normal. My advice is to bring some gum that will last you awhile.

To stop cutters, you have to realize your greatest weapon against them is numbers. They're hoping that they can cut without anyone noticing. If you see somebody cutting in line before you, don't throw a fit, but ask politely if they were in line - confront them assertively. Hopefully, enough people around you will get upset enough that they feel pressured into getting at the back of the line.

Also realize that most people won't just show up and cut, but that the guy three spots ahead of you might be 'saving a spot' for his buddies. In keeping with the adage that 'an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure', you may want to strike up a casual conversation about how unfair this practice is and that if it happens tonight, you're not just going to let it happen. This will do two things - let those people who are 'saving spots' know in advance that they're not going to get away with it (at least, not easily) and it also heightens the awareness of the people around you - they're more likely to get involved if they see a cutter if they've prepared themselves mentally for how to handle the situation.
    Last edited by Inspire; 11-06-2006 at 10:38 AM. Reason: Added some more info

Ads