Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Waiting For Tomorrow largedarry's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    8861-8821-7046-6197
    Well I've been a little bit of a lurker for the forum for a while, but I really needed to comment on this thread.

That is the biggest problem I've seen so far for Nintendo, 3rd party companies don't release any good games on them (last minute ports don't count because they almost always suck, not count RE:4).

I know that these 3rd party companies are always looking for ways to make the most money, one of the reasons game cube had little to no games made, but with the huge amounts of Wii sales, someone in these companies has to realize there is money making oppurtunities there. The only problem with making games on entirely new platforms takes a lot of time. I'm hoping that earlier this year and throughout the entire summer, many of these 3rd party companies are allocating design teams to develop Wii games. So my expectation isn't to expect several 3rd party games until Christmas '08 or early '09.

Great thread atomicb, but I'm not holding my breath for any great games to come out until late next year.

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    once again ill say it here as i did in another thread....yes Unreal Engine 3 has come onto the Wii ...BUT it has to take a HUGE step back in order for the games to even be played on the wii..the Wii is nothing more then a gamecube..the only difference is a slight graphic upgrade..all the hardware is still the same....and here is a article of why a lot of 3rd party game makers are having trouble with the wii.

Kikizo: You've been able to squeeze Unreal Engine 2 onto PSP previously; with that in mind is there any potential to get some form of Unreal Engine 3 running on Wii at some point? Because after all, commercially it has to be worth it now right?

Rein: It wasn't us, it was Ubisoft! [laughs] You know, actually, commercially, it's probably not worth it to be honest. And I don't mean that as anything against the Wii, but the Wii is an improved evolution of the GameCube - I mean it's hardware compatible with the GameCube! So if you're going to make a game for the Wii you're just going to use whatever tools you used on GameCube, and bring them forward and enhance them a little - that's what the Gamebryo guys are doing - and that's a fact; I just don't see a big market there to bring this big hulking memory intensive engine over to a much smaller system. I mean, I'm sure some of our licensees, just as a commercial exercise, will probably do it. I know one of our licensee who's giving it a shot; it's their own port, in the same way Ubisoft brought Unreal Engine 2 to the Wii - I mean Splinter Cell and Red Steel - Unreal Engine 2, and there's a few others... but it's just, we won't don't do it ourselves. Look, there's so many things we can do and are already doing, to improve our engine, on the platforms we're aiming it at, that going back and working on that [for Wii] just doesn't make sense. Unreal Engine 3 is a better engine today than it was a year ago when Gears of War shipped. So Unreal Tournament 3 for example pushes the PlayStation 3 harder than Gears of War did on Xbox 360. So the engine is getting optimised and we're improving it all the time; there's too much low hanging fruit that we already have on the engine side, and new improvements and things we can do to try and make an engine for the Wii - it wouldn't be smart business for us.

Member #
    Friends
    4103-3191-5795-3127
    EA are backing the Wii in a big way.

Wii Sports, Red Steel (27%), Zelda : Twilight Princess (Forest Temple), Resident Evil 4 : Wii Edition (3-1), Trauma Center : Second Opinion (Ch2 1), Super Paper Mario (Ch 3-1), Mario Strikers Charged Football, MoH Heroes 2

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc
    anyone can come in here an back the WII up but NO ONE will do a good job, the only thing the wii is gonna be good for is and i really hate to say this but "kiddie" games...yes the game play in itself it wonderful, but u will never see a game like Gears of War or Halo or Socom, or anything of that nature on a Wii...it just doesnt have the power.

Waiting For Tomorrow largedarry's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    8861-8821-7046-6197
    That's not really a good thing, IMHO.

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    8041-7231-3447-6164
    Ahhhhh EA
    The company that was once good (about 10 years ago)

You new? See this!
    W
    ii U FAQ

Spoiler Alert!

@D_Bloke - My inane prattle

Member #
    Friends
    3732-3369-2853-4491
    Quote Originally Posted by Bliss
    anyone can come in here an back the WII up but NO ONE will do a good job, the only thing the wii is gonna be good for is and i really hate to say this but "kiddie" games...yes the game play in itself it wonderful, but u will never see a game like Gears of War or Halo or Socom, or anything of that nature on a Wii...it just doesnt have the power.
    Thats bull. It has the power. you dont need graphics to make a great shooter on wii. the controller should be incentive enough to really dig deep to make it work, but devs only want money, which they can make with some dumb arse mini game collection. saying the wii is a gamecube is the most ridiculous thing i've ever heard especially when crafting shooters. nothing has had this potential accuracy and immersiveness and devs wanna instead create crap like carnival games 2 and ports of freakin flash games. really shows you the ethics in the game industry.
    Strikers FC:025884-970933
    RIP: Hidden in Plain View, Counterfit Pennies, The Early November

thanks to idjut for the sig!

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    dude im not tryin to argue just stating the TRUTH...here is wat Miyamoto has said himself

The hardware is basically a GC. We've upgraded our development tools to new versions but, you can still use GC programs as they are. With that in mind, I thought we could remake GC titles for the Wii and modify them to work with the Wii remote so that they're more fun to play.
    Not only that, Miyamoto thinks Wii-makes won't command full price as its easy to find the original GameCube titles second hand. Though, fret not, Miyamoto notes that the Wii does have better graphic capabilities than the GameCube, and there will be eye candy games for the Wii. So, it's the GameCube, but better. What's wrong with that? Brian Ashcraft

Miyamoto Talks [GameBrink]

Member #
    Friends
    5873-1290-1753-2112
    Quote Originally Posted by Bliss
    dude im not tryin to argue just stating the TRUTH...here is wat Miyamoto has said himself
    1. Your sources are unreliable.
    2. Wii can't handle Socom? Just like the PS2 couldn't handle Socom?
    3. The official specs of the Wii have NEVER been released fully. You just don't know.
    4. 3rd parties who classify Wii as a fad are also the ones who say Resident Evil 4 sold just because it was made by Capcom.

Look, the way I see it, if the Wii could play Resident Evil 4 on one disc, and the Gamecube needed 2 disc, the Wii must be somewhat more powerful. That and the 60 frames games.
    GAME OVER

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    look u guys are getting this all wrong...i love my wii and will defend it as i do everyday but all i am saying is something better happen or i am jumping ship...and here is my source on the Miyamoto quote http://kotaku.com/gaming/shiggy/miya...-gc-205086.php

Ads