LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    5873-1290-1753-2112
    I think that Nintendo has changed their methods considerably. One of the NOA's said that they have nothing to do with third party games and that it was up to the developers to check the quality.
    GAME OVER

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    This is an interesting topic and I like where the debating is going. I am in complete agreement that the wii has just began and there are still plenty of new hot hits that will likely come out. Nintendo has a name in the gaming community that is a strong name. Sure it has had a few "cutesy" systems but once the developers can truly wrap their minds around the controls and the opportunities that exist within them instead of just mashing buttons, I think they'll start coming out with some new and worthy titles. Not to mention, truely good games do not come out in within 12 months of development. How long has the 360 been out before Halo3 was released? Most of the 360 and PS3 games that were "so amazing" when they systems came out, were tweaked versions of the same thing they already released for their predecessor.

Member #
    Friends
    5873-1290-1753-2112
    And the thing is that the Wii DOES have truly great games already. But they have poor 3rd party support.

If you looks at the DS, it seems to have started to pick up some 3rd party support. I think the DS's life cycle won't reflect the Wii's, seeing that they are both part of the same day and age.

Nintendo stated that they don't plan on replacing the DS any time soon, and they want to increase the Wii's life cycle past 5 years.

Wow. A Wii commercial came on as I was typing this!
    GAME OVER

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Quote Originally Posted by AtomicB

Nintendo stated that they don't plan on replacing the DS any time soon, and they want to increase the Wii's life cycle past 5 years.
    well they better make that hard drive available

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Bliss
    well they better make that hard drive available
    I would put money on it that does happen.

I also had another thought regarding innovation. How much cooler could the wii be if 3rd party support started to let you use your Mii on games. Yeah, the graphics of the mii would pale in comparison, but if you had a Mii that looked just like you, wouldn't it be sweet to play some of these other games as yourself? You could put Charlie Brown in Splinter Cell. Play Madden 09 as yourself. Ok so this is just a random thought that doesn't quite fit here, but it is also something that is a possibility that they could actually be working toward which is another reason to give it more time before jumping on the ps3/360 bandwagon.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by ka_zfish
    I would put money on it that does happen.

I also had another thought regarding innovation. How much cooler could the wii be if 3rd party support started to let you use your Mii on games.
    Camelots 'Wii Love Golf' will let you use Miis, they are 2nd party but its a start.

Member #
    Friends
    5873-1290-1753-2112
    I don't see to many possibilities being opened through Mii's...
    GAME OVER

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Ads