LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    actually the game was great, over 2 million gamcube users played it, and it costed $8.95 the months across all 4 versions (PC,XBOX,PS2,GCN) so try to learn of a game before you judged cuz you wouldnt like it if I said Galaxy was a blow out and killzone 1 blows it out of the water (as IF GALAXY IS WAY BETTER). so please learn about something to judge it fairly in other words don t knock it until you learn it.
    Hey everyone it's me MRCOOLGH its been forever and a half since I came back on in fact its been at least a year and a half since I was here. Last time I visited Wiichat was 02-26-2008 and I'm gald to be back everyone!

2. Ads

Wiichats Idiot Identifier balrogs.pa's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    0588-9206-9468-1123
    Quote Originally Posted by Pikachu256
    Yeah but those are mainly Flash drivers, I mean like a real PC 200gig External Hard drive storage. That would be awesome on a Wii.
    well since we have the SD card. i dont think it will happen.
    Mario Kart DS 438194819390
    People i respect on this forum: Atomic,Santa Claws,Frogger,Cyan,Levesque, Balrogs.pain, Shoko, MushroomedMario, sremick
    I make my avatars/signatures!

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by balrogs.pa
    well since we have the SD card. i dont think it will happen.

I disagree.
    WiiWare games are going to be decent sized. Even a 2 gig SD card will only hold so much game-wise. And for the cost of an 8gig SDcard you can get a 100gig USB HD.

I think that, next year, when WiiWare comes out, Nintendo will patch for HD's, as there will be both demand and purpose.
    Pokemon Diamond: Name:Sif FC:3952 3555 4891

Now Trading 1st, 3rd, & 4th gen starters, Phione, Rotom, Porygon, Dratini, Kecleon, Feebas, Castform, Tyrogue, and anything else I can breed.

Member #
    Friends
    0672-4527-4193-8812
    god i hope so
    most recent purchase - tiger woods '08
    Other games - galaxy, sports, mp 8, zelda:TP, Boogie, game party, moh:h2
    Games I want - SSBB, scarface, kart, worms: a space oddity.
    VC games - mario 64, mario kart 64, tecmo bowl, shining force, plus internet browser, and the stupid @$$ mii contest one.

bwii fc is 322 237 531 304
    ea nation persona is bgreen82

Member #
    Friends
    5873-1290-1753-2112
    Anyone else notice that this email doesn't look legitimate?

'Your Nintendo Team'? Isn't that where they put the generic name like
    'Andy Robert Smith' or something.
    GAME OVER

Member #
    Friends
    7914-9240-2291-0710

Nintendo Reiterates No Need for Hard Drive

Despite consumer requests to the contrary, Nintendo has again stated that they don't believe the Wii needs a hard drive. Nintendo of America PR manager Eric Walter stated in a recent interview that "we really don't want people storing every single game they buy on their drive,"

"When you buy a game, it's yours forever, so you can delete it, and go back and get it at any time you want. In a way, we liken it to putting music on your iPod; you listen to it for a while, and then you get tired of it, and you pull it off, and you put some new stuff on."

In regards to the size of the upcoming original Wii Ware games, Walter said "A lot of the games for WiiWare that have been submitted so far are smaller in size, so they're not gonna take up a ton of your drive,"

Rumors began earlier this year that Nintendo was planning to announce a hard drive at E3, but Nintendo continues to deny any future plans to make or distribute a hard drive, even despite the addition of the larger NeoGeo titles to the Virtual Console.

Source
    Rest In Peace
    Sean Taylor
    April 1st, 1983 - November 27th, 2007
    Wii Games:Wii Sports, Guitar Hero 3: Legends of Rock, Raving Rabbids, Mario Strikers Charged, Super Smash Bros. Brawl

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Disturbed1
    Despite consumer requests to the contrary, Nintendo has again stated that they don't believe the Wii needs a hard drive. Nintendo of America PR manager Eric Walter stated in a recent interview that "we really don't want people storing every single game they buy on their drive,"

"When you buy a game, it's yours forever, so you can delete it, and go back and get it at any time you want. In a way, we liken it to putting music on your iPod; you listen to it for a while, and then you get tired of it, and you pull it off, and you put some new stuff on."

In regards to the size of the upcoming original Wii Ware games, Walter said "A lot of the games for WiiWare that have been submitted so far are smaller in size, so they're not gonna take up a ton of your drive,"

Rumors began earlier this year that Nintendo was planning to announce a hard drive at E3, but Nintendo continues to deny any future plans to make or distribute a hard drive, even despite the addition of the larger NeoGeo titles to the Virtual Console.

Source
    Gag rocks! WHY are they doing this? What are they afraid of? Something about storin your games on a hard drive must be freaking them out, but what?

Member #
    Friends
    5746-7180-9727-6581
    Something about storin your games on a hard drive must be freaking them out, but what?
    Well, a USB HD for a WII, might be able to be connected to a PC then theres the EMU/Illegal ROM issue but can Card readers read the WII SD cards anyway?

That mustnt be it, maybe they just feel its un-needed, they dont have to add everything everyone tells them to, if they did we prolly wouldnt have a WII only another wanna be PC console.

Me Wif My Boxing Glove!!! Wii-Bhoy's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    4037-3554-3960-7367
    "A lot of the games for WiiWare that have been submitted so far are smaller in size."

Yeh What Bout When The Bigger Sized WiiWare Games come Out? We Probably Will Need An HDD.

Thanks To Dan.Skater For The Awesome Sig!

Member #
    Friends
    5431-1607-7668-3461
    Sometimes I wonder if Nintendo realizes there are still traditional gamers who want things that other systems have and the Wii lacks or if all the long time nintendo fans have vanished and the casual market = $$.

For nintendo it's the latter.
    "My Pokemon brings all the nerds to the yard. And they're like, "You wanna trade cards?" Damn right, I wanna trade cards. I'll trade this, but not my Charizard."

XBOX 360, PlayStation 3 and Nintendo Wii owner.

Ads