LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]

Nintendo are sick-minded, in the UK at least

Nintendo know that people in the UK are going mad trying to get Wii's for themselves (or as xmas presents), now if i was one of these people (i got a wii, so i'm not) i would be really annoyed watching all of the Wii adverts on TV at the moment...

...there is no point in advertising something that people can't just go out and buy!

Come on Nintendo, instead of spending all that money on advertising, use it to open another factory!!!!

Member #
    Friends
    Thats a good point that I've never actually thought of before. Unless of course they are enjoying all the hype surrounding the fact that, "The Wii launched over a year ago and you still can't find one in stores". Maybe people will think it is more prestigious to have a Wii when they are so hard to find.

Member #
    Friends
    5537-0855-7535-2075

meh.

It's to keep the people who initially knocked the system jealous of the fun we're all having.

(and I imagine that the Xmas ad campaigns are prepared and pre-paid months in advance)

Member #
    Friends
    You have to remember that Nintendo is a company. Companies need to make alot of money. opening a factory and getting more wiis made wont get them as much money as getting even more people hyped up for it, and hyping up the already hyped ones.

But good point.

Haz
    Member #
    Friends
    the adverts are for the software.......... Software sales generate more revenue than hardware.

Write like a four year old and I'll treat you as such Haz, proudly supporting correct use of English and grammar on the forums.
    Think before posting Ask a dumb question and prepare to be owned.

FYI - Internet is always a capital I. Look it up!

Member #
    In a TWO story igloo! I'm very lucky. It even has electricity!
    Friends
    the adverts are for the software.......... Software sales generate more revenue than hardware.

Write like a four year old and I'll treat you as such Haz, proudly supporting correct use of English and grammar on the forums.
    Think before posting Ask a dumb question and prepare to be owned.
    FYI - Internet is always a capital I. Look it up!

Gasp! Haz, you didn't capitalize the! Shame on you!
    Games: Wii Play, Wii Sports, Super Mario Galaxy, MoH:H2, Mario Strikers Charged, Links Crossbow Training, NFS: Carbon, Shrek the Third, WSOP TOC, GHIII, Endless Ocean.
    Virtual Console: Star Fox 64, Mario Bros

Ea Persona: BirdBrainer
    Msc friend code: 086013 205264. Pm me if you want an easy win!
    -=Join the Waluigi Fan Club (WFC)=-To Join, PM FRuMMaGe or AceAlabama
    Canadiens 1st in Eastern Conference! Yeehaw!

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    3881-9484-9041-5848
    Quote Originally Posted by breakpoint
    Nintendo know that people in the UK are going mad trying to get Wii's for themselves (or as xmas presents), now if i was one of these people (i got a wii, so i'm not) i would be really annoyed watching all of the Wii adverts on TV at the moment...

...there is no point in advertising something that people can't just go out and buy!

Come on Nintendo, instead of spending all that money on advertising, use it to open another factory!!!!
    All well and fair but where is the explanation for being sick minded?

Advertising is vital for any product or brand and Nintendo is doing a great job with the advertising keeping peoples interest in the product and keeping a high numbers of consumers flowing.

Member #
    Friends
    without owners of hardware, software would not get sold

sick-minded because know that people are going mad trying to buy the console yet they advertise the software to people who want it, but can't play it..... Nintendo know this!

as for hype, well, there was a huge amount of hype before release, and for many months after it... they don't need anymore hype!

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    3881-9484-9041-5848
    without owners of hardware, software would not get sold

sick-minded because know that people are going mad trying to buy the console yet they advertise the software to people who want it, but can't play it..... Nintendo know this!

as for hype, well, there was a huge amount of hype before release, and for many months after it... they don't need anymore hype!
    So, they should cancel all advertising and just produce?

That's not how the market goes, they need to keep the product in high demand and popularity.

Member #
    Friends

http://www.wiichat.com/nintendo-wii-...age-legit.html
    ^^ ^^
    Here is a good explanation as to why Nintendo can't keep up.

Ads