Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Get The Funk In The Car! RadNad's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by JAKE196
    I think they should enable the DS to connect to the wii and be usable for communication via the mic. Of course, The screens would be off and everything so it would use that much energy.
    That would be a bit awkward, since you have to bend over to the table and talk into the tiny mic whilst (if you are) standing up and playing a game like MOH: H2. This'll probably hurt a few backs as well.

They'll probably release a double wire thing which goes onto the Wiimote so you can plug in a nunchuk and below it could be a port for a flexy totally safe microphone.

Member #
    Friends
    4910-3433-7867-8297
    The solution to all this is a headset. But of course Nintendo has to be all prtective about this!
    Wii Owner: Zelda TP: Monster 4x4: Excite Truck: Red Steel: Tony Hawk's Downhill Jam: Wii Sports: MP 3 Corruption: Guitar Hero 3: Medal Of Honor Heroes 2: Super Mario Galaxy: Resident Evil 4

DS Lite Zelda Special Edition Owner: LOZ: PH, MKDS, Rayman, The Urbz: Sims, Nintendogs, Pac'N Roll, Pokemon D, Pokemon MD, Mario & Luigi Partners In Time, Yu-Gi-Oh NT, DBZ:SW2, CRA

GBA Games: Tron 2.0 Killer App, Pokemon Fire Red, Emerald, and Sapphire.

residentevilnews.com

Member #
    Friends
    ^ Like a 24-digit F/C and Adult Supervision along with a bot which records the voice of the people chatting away and location of your Wii if you do do something out of hand.

Member #
    Friends
    4910-3433-7867-8297
    That would be a pretty cool idea, but with all the people that curse for fun on online everybody would get in trouble.
    Wii Owner: Zelda TP: Monster 4x4: Excite Truck: Red Steel: Tony Hawk's Downhill Jam: Wii Sports: MP 3 Corruption: Guitar Hero 3: Medal Of Honor Heroes 2: Super Mario Galaxy: Resident Evil 4

DS Lite Zelda Special Edition Owner: LOZ: PH, MKDS, Rayman, The Urbz: Sims, Nintendogs, Pac'N Roll, Pokemon D, Pokemon MD, Mario & Luigi Partners In Time, Yu-Gi-Oh NT, DBZ:SW2, CRA

GBA Games: Tron 2.0 Killer App, Pokemon Fire Red, Emerald, and Sapphire.

residentevilnews.com

Member #
    Friends
    If it does support online headset, then you should be able to turn off voice chat in Online Options or whatever they'll have so parents won't 'ban' you from online gaming or your Wii overall... Or you can turn the sound off from your TV.

Wiichats Idiot Identifier balrogs.pa's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    0588-9206-9468-1123
    Quote Originally Posted by Waky Wii
    I was thinking about nintendo not making a chat feature on any of their games, when I remembered the Microphone packaged with Mario Party 6 & 7.
    Attachment 3609

It wouldn't be to handy having wires 'an all, but it could take ninty 1 update to make it work with the Wii.

Anyway,

Just a thought.
    The wii's game ''Boogie'' comes with a microphone which works. why would you use that picture for a past console? why not the newest one. and if Boogie was online i bet it would have microphone chat or whatever so they can do Duets.
    Mario Kart DS 438194819390
    People i respect on this forum: Atomic,Santa Claws,Frogger,Cyan,Levesque, Balrogs.pain, Shoko, MushroomedMario, sremick
    I make my avatars/signatures!

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    6597-7058-7157-6973
    Quote Originally Posted by XxRed12xX
    The solution to all this is a headset. But of course Nintendo has to be all prtective about this!
    Your right. The only solution would be the headset. A mic like the one shown above, is just plain idiocy for the Wii. A headset would be the only real option.

Your right about the privacy thing as well. there are way to many pedos out there. but thats really not much of an issue. First of all, no one online would be dumb enough to fall for a pedophile's ploys that easily. Secondly, those kids who are dumb enough to fall for it, prolly their mommies wont let them on in the first place.

they wouldn't connect the headset through the wiimote. they'd connect it through the usb port in the back of the wii. it would cost too much time and money designing a mic connected to the wiimote so it can work with the nunchuck was in use as well.

just my opinion.

sup red12?

"We've all been down this path before
    You're trapped in this town
    And it wears you down
    When we leave today maybe you'll understand
    That this constant struggle isn't always in the palm of our hands."

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by RadNad
    That would be a bit awkward, since you have to bend over to the table and talk into the tiny mic whilst (if you are) standing up and playing a game like MOH: H2. This'll probably hurt a few backs as well.

They'll probably release a double wire thing which goes onto the Wiimote so you can plug in a nunchuk and below it could be a port for a flexy totally safe microphone.
    Tape it to your face.
    Wii games: Super Mario Galaxy, Metroid Prime 3, Resident Evil 4, Zelda TP, SSX: Blur, Excite Truck, The Godfather, and Mario Kart Wii
    PC games: Call of Duty 4, Halo 1, UT3, F.E.A.R., and The Orange Box.
    PS3 games: Ratchet and Clank F.T.O.D., Resistance 2, Wipeout HD, and MGS4.

Member #
    Friends
    Howz you going to see teh TV screen, mun?!

Unofficial WiiChat Helper Link_of_Hyrule's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    7114-5214-3386-2022
    The Wii already works with those mics plus the usb mics that come with a couple Wii games but if Nintendo makes voice chat I give it a 99% chance they will release a blue tooth headset for the wii its cheap and easy to do with an update

Please PM me before adding me!

Ads