Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    6597-7058-7157-6973
    Quote Originally Posted by iOwnage
    There is only 1 speaker on this. How would talk and listen from one speaker?
    talk into the mic, listen through the television. Don't mind that though. the mic posted would NEVER and everyone can logically assume that piece of **** wouldn't be used on the wii.

headset or nothing.

EDIT=link of hyrule, Nintendo would delibrately raise the bluetooth headset's price because it was a brand name, Nintendo item. they did the same thing with the SD card which was the same exact thing as what the original company made, but because Nintendo has their name on it, the price would be higher.
    Last edited by ARav989; 12-02-2007 at 07:15 PM.

"We've all been down this path before
    You're trapped in this town
    And it wears you down
    When we leave today maybe you'll understand
    That this constant struggle isn't always in the palm of our hands."

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarogan
    they should make a wii headset with a censoring software, so if anyone says a bad word or proposes something inappropiate, you would just hear a beep sound
    ya maybe in the year 2100!

If anyone needs help or wants a sig. just PM me!
    -=Join the Waluigi Fan Club (WFC)=-
    Spoiler Alert!

Just That Great Extra Life Mushroom's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    3210-5733-2914-1432
    Since they've been trying to get wii/DS connectivity off the ground, the DS as a mic/controller (for non-motion sensitive games of course) is the most logical option for any title in the near future.

A Wii headset will be released eventually. They are doing their best to keep the kids safe, but they realize that their core fan base has grown up and moved on to halo and other online titles that offer a much more immersing experience. They know that they need to address the issue I'm sure, but are trying to be as cautious of the kids' well-being as possible.

They need to break new ground with the DS before it becomes stale anyway. They need to find more ways to get it to interact with the wii.

The option to use your DS as a control device allows for the much coveted voice chat feature to an extent. But it also removed the option of motion sensitive control. So they are going to need the headset for the FPS genre at least.

The DS is the best temporary solution to the issue, until the official headset arrives. And despite what some may say, it will. Eventually.

Member #
    Friends
    4296-8829-9917-7024
    Really though if ninty wants to keep up with the 360 and ps3 they really need to make their online better because most of the population of gamers are hardcore gamers and ninty will end up losing money because their turning off a big crowd.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Rain Foxx
    ya maybe in the year 2100!
    voice recognition software has already been made and nearly perfected.

a cell phone's voice activation is a primitive example of this.

Gamertag/PSN ID=SensesFailxWiix if you add me send me a message via console or wiichat

Just That Great Extra Life Mushroom's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    3210-5733-2914-1432
    Their fan base is mostly in japan. That is why they haven't taken much of a venture into the online gaming department as the other consoles have.

The Japanese aren't as big on the MMORPGS are we Westerners are. They don't like FPS's as much as we do. They more into the quirky and innovative side of gaming. So its a different market over there.

And sadly I think the majority of their sales come from Japanese gamers. Not to say that the rest of the world isn't a factor in their decisions. But they know by now that Microsoft and Sony dominate the foreign markets. And if they're going to make a comeback, where better to start then their own backyard?

Once they solidify their place as THE dominant gaming console in Japan, then and only then will the rest of the world become their prime focus.

We have to wait for them to take notice of us again before our needs are met. Ironic how we're waiting for their attention, whilst they're staedily losing more and more of ours.

Member #
    Friends
    8745-5143-2651-5351
    They could release a 5 dollar adapter the plugs into the wiimote expansion port that includes a pass through for the nunchuck and a plug for the DS headset.

They haven't shown a lot of interest in it. When asked and pestered about it, they tend to get defensive.

If I had to guess though, I'd still anticipate seeing a headset come along with Mario Kart.

MOHH2: AoW fortunz
    xfire: fortunzfavor

I am mianmini at IGN. fortunzfavor [at] netzero [dot] net

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiinter
    They could release a 5 dollar adapter the plugs into the wiimote expansion port that includes a pass through for the nunchuck and a plug for the DS headset.

They haven't shown a lot of interest in it. When asked and pestered about it, they tend to get defensive.

If I had to guess though, I'd still anticipate seeing a headset come along with Mario Kart.
    Or Smash Bros Brawl,

If they release it along side either of those games, and then jack the price up of the games, they would make bank. Most people who are gonna pick up SSBB would probably actually prefer the headset, and be willing to pay more $ for the game with it. This would boost Nintendo sales alot, and allow them to make more $ off the little plastic headset because of the quantities sold with Brawl...

Member #
    Friends
    a headset would b great
    no1 knows what nintendo plans to do exept nintendo

nintendo does what it wants
    but if theres a demand for it they will make it

if u really want a headset start a petition or something i donno what to tell u guys

of course nintendo could make a headset the technology is there

the real question is do they have any real reason to?

Member #
    Friends
    8745-5143-2651-5351
    Quote Originally Posted by SensesFail
    voice recognition software has already been made and nearly perfected.

a cell phone's voice activation is a primitive example of this.
    Perfected? Not even close.

MOHH2: AoW fortunz
    xfire: fortunzfavor

I am mianmini at IGN. fortunzfavor [at] netzero [dot] net

Ads