LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    exactly cause im really gettin tired of complaints about the wii this the wii that i know my wii is sweet and could never go back to regular gaming but if you dont like the wii by all means sell it and shut the he** up lol

Member #
    Friends
    2154-9969-3510-2243
    The thing is i don't give a shit about graphics, Gameplay is the only thing that i care about and the Wii is the only system that provides with a reall gaming experience not the same crap i played 10 years ago with the same exact controller *cough cough* SONY!

I totally agree with brigipson^^^^^

im really gettin tired of complaints about the wii this the wii that i know my wii is sweet and could never go back to regular gaming but if you dont like the wii by all means sell it and shut the he** up lol
    Last edited by cookiemonsta11111; 12-04-2007 at 12:31 AM.

I Swear never to touch a PlayStation ever again
    I PLEDGE ALLEGIANCE TO THE Wii
    MAKE YOUR PLEDGE TODAY!

<<<<< Wii Number *Message Me First*

Member #
    Friends
    me an cookiemonsta are now wii friends whats yor friends code dude

Member #
    Friends
    3732-3369-2853-4491
    i agree whole heartedly with everything but let me just say this about online and i am DEFINITELY not defending nintendo here.
    the wiis target audience is obviously casuals. nintendo does still care about the hardcore gamers but theres no doubt the selling point is the fact that anyone can play. this is nintendos strategy. now, they cant have voice chat and such an open online environment, because even if we know that parents should moderate their kids game playing, the parents themselves are considering the safety of everything when buying this system. they know nintendo is safety crazy. so if nintendo puts in voice chat or makes it easy to exchange user names they are driving away some of their core demographic in casuals. you may say that doesnt matter, but nintendo has to make the wii work. it cant make extra profit on windows or walkmen like microsoft and sony can. although i am hopeful for the wii's online future, especially with games like worms enabling us to grab peoples FCs who we play, at least hopefully you can see where nintendo is coming from on this.
    Strikers FC:025884-970933
    RIP: Hidden in Plain View, Counterfit Pennies, The Early November

thanks to idjut for the sig!

Member #
    Friends
    I'm a huge graphic and online whore, and agree that they could have upped the graphics a bit. They could also be pursuing an online option with a lot more zeal than they currently are.

That being said, they're obviously doing something right with their games... hence my expanding game collection below. The PC still holds a slight edge in gaming for me though.

Member #
    Friends
    2482-6460-3144-9934
    Quote Originally Posted by Budo
    I'm a huge graphic and online whore, and agree that they could have upped the graphics a bit. They could also be pursuing an online option with a lot more zeal than they currently are.

That being said, they're obviously doing something right with their games... hence my expanding game collection below. The PC still holds a slight edge in gaming for me though.
    Yep, PC definitely has the best graphics on any games.

Mine currently has better graphics than the PS3

-=Join The Waluigi Fan Club=-

Spoiler Alert!

52 Members and still growing!

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    ohhhh god good job Atomic, u continue to open the gates of hell ...anyway if u want me views on the Wii go to the Thread called Wii in danger of being the gamecube...i state all my thoughts in the like the 1st 9 pages of the thread...and let add i love my wii but there are HUGE flaws to it.

Waiting For Tomorrow largedarry's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    8861-8821-7046-6197
    I really think the only thing that the Nintendo needs to get straight is the online support. The use of the internet for multiplayer games is a must in todays gaming industry, and Nintendo better do something right with SSBB and Mario Kart because those 2 games will be how Wii's online is seen in the future.

Use of the wiimote in games is more immersive than any graphics have ever done to me. So I'm not complaining about the graphics the Wii can put out. I thought graphics were good enough back with the N64 and PS1, but apparently most Westerners don't think a game can be good unless they can see brain matter spewed everywhere from another head shot (BTW, I am so sick of FPS games that I refuse to buy any of these repetitive games again).

Member #
    Friends
    5873-1290-1753-2112
    Quote Originally Posted by brigipson
    exactly cause im really gettin tired of complaints about the wii this the wii that i know my wii is sweet and could never go back to regular gaming but if you dont like the wii by all means sell it and shut the he** up lol
    Once again. You probably didn't read the first post.

Read it.

Now who are you trying to convince?

Quote Originally Posted by largedarry
    I really think the only thing that the Nintendo needs to get straight is the online support. The use of the internet for multiplayer games is a must in todays gaming industry, and Nintendo better do something right with SSBB and Mario Kart because those 2 games will be how Wii's online is seen in the future.

Use of the wiimote in games is more immersive than any graphics have ever done to me. So I'm not complaining about the graphics the Wii can put out. I thought graphics were good enough back with the N64 and PS1, but apparently most Westerners don't think a game can be good unless they can see brain matter spewed everywhere from another head shot (BTW, I am so sick of FPS games that I refuse to buy any of these repetitive games again).
    Yes, FPS are getting kind of old. But the FPS Wii market might expand with the introduction of the good 3rd parties.

The Wii is only second to PC in controls. As far as FPS's go, anyways.
    Last edited by AtomicB; 12-04-2007 at 09:51 AM.
    GAME OVER

Member #
    Friends
    And yet, the Wii is still better.

1. Graphics
    Notice how smooth the graphics are on the Wii, notice the subtle lighting effects, notice the camera movement. Notice the lack of screen artifacts.
    PS3 graphics are virtually indistinguishable from high end PS2 graphics. Look at FF12, then at anything on the PS3, and see that PS3 hasn't really advanced graphically. Hell, half the stuff is still flat textures pasted onto flat backgrounds...
    Look, look at the visible Pixels, the sawtoothed curves!

2. What about Nintendo's online is terrible? Granted, I'm not a FPS gamer, so I don't have much experience with Console online. Is it just the Lack of online multi-player games?
    Explain, in detail, why PS3 and 360 have better On-Line than Nintendo.
    Also, Explain how 360's is good enough to justify the cost.

3. Okay, I concede this point. We need more third party support. The real problem is that, starting back at the SNES, Nintendo got out of sinc with it's competitors, and couldn't hold on properly. They've fixed that problem now, and it's just a matter of luring back those lost allies. Which they're doing. They damn near have square-enix sown back up... And Sony is helping them, by being difficult and expensive...

4. Disagree. Raw numbers generated by non-performance testing mean nothing. Okay, the PS360 generates more Frames per Second. Yet for some reason, the Wii's graphics and gameplay are smoother...
    As for AI and Physics engines, those are the results of the Games themselves, not the console. Portal on the Wii would have the same Physics system as Portal on the 360. If they made it for the Wii.
    Pokemon Diamond: Name:Sif FC:3952 3555 4891

Now Trading 1st, 3rd, & 4th gen starters, Phione, Rotom, Porygon, Dratini, Kecleon, Feebas, Castform, Tyrogue, and anything else I can breed.

Ads