Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    hmm......i have too agree with you about online being AWFULL

And as for the graphics...im fine with them, but then agian, as you said
    "switching to wii after your playing a 360/PS3, you will notice a difference
    i dont own either a 360/PS3,.....so i wouldnt know

BTW great post
    Im the next criss angle

he PWNS

Member #
    Friends
    The biggest flaw with the wii is it being vastly underpowered compared to the PS360. This inherent flaw affects how it is being perceived by gamers and developers alike; it is seen as a child's toy, not worth doing any quality work for. Not worth being taken seriously. That is why we see mountains of shovelware put on the wii. They figure wii owners are just little kids who's mamma and daddy bought then a toy for Christmas or for their birthday. They see those who bought the machine as ignorant. They don't see us as discriminating consumers who know and appreciate good quality in games. After all, didn't we choose an inferior product?

Gamers look at the graphic now on the wii, reflected in the games now available for it, and very nearly puke. No matter how good the graphic get on the wii, it will still be miles behind what on the PS360. There is a reason these games are called VIDEOgames! That is SEEING them is extremely important than PLAYing them.

Everything Atomic said, mostly hinges on this fact. Yes, I believe Nintendo made a grave error in making the wii so technically weak compared to the other two games machines.

With alla this said. I still love my wii and enjoy it a lot, but I accept it for what it is, it is the wii, flaws and all. I think most of us need to accept it for what it is and move on. I think it's time to, it has been a year already. And if you or I cannot accept this fact, than I and others can go buy a 360 and/or a PS3. After all, I believe the wii was originaly meant to compliment its more powerfull relatives.

The wii is a closed system, it cannot be technically updated or rebuilt. I think what Nintendo needs to do, if they see need to, is to acknowledge this mistake and find ways to work around it, though it. It the best anyone can do, as individuals or huge multibillion dollar corporations, like Nintendo.
    Last edited by romj; 12-04-2007 at 09:40 PM.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay588
    even if the wii is behind in todays high end graphics and processor..i still play it more than the 360..i dont know why but the games are more fun and have more replayability..i like the 360s online capabilities though..but its got its down sides (loud, risk of rrod )..by the way..i cant make out whats going on in the picture..i see a ps3 and a 360..but whats with the tear drop and the stars?
    I think the stars are eyes and/or may represent glory in the eyes of the gaming industry, something the wii doesn't share with the PS360. The tear drop in on the wii, which is being crushed by the two powerhouse giants, the PS360.

An Instant Classic LevesqueIsKing's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Theres really no point in doing this anymore, guys. Sure, before the wii came out this was very important because people were trying to decide what to buy, but now? Now we can all see for ourselves.

If you are disappointed with the wii, thats your own fault. You obviously did not take the time to research it enough before purchasing it, otherwise you would know and accept its faults.

Not to fit a mold,

Not to join a trend,

Not to follow a crowd

Member #
    Friends
    i dont look back on my purchase of the wii im glad i did it. Xbox 360 dont appeal to me plus my brother has one, and the only game i want for PS3 is GT5 and thats it. Even if the Wii is only 1.5-2x more powerful than the GC im still happy with it because i know once tapped it will produce some amazing games/graphics. GC was more powerful than ps2 and yet ps2 still had some great looking games not better than GC in MY opinion but still great. that being said if the GC can produce some great effects visually then the WII will be able to double maybe tripple anything game cube/ps2 could put out there.

for verification on my spec claims go to the gaming sections and read WII in danger of repeting the game cube.

Member #
    Friends
    Why do people continue to slate the Wii on the basis that it is not a PS3 or 360? Do people realise that is should be revered based on it's own merits? Nintendo could have made an HD super graphics machine like Sony and Microsoft but they decided not to. This much we know. Nintendo followed the success of the DS with the new ways to play and went with it. And they have done exactly what they wanted to do. The success that Nintendo have got from the Wii and DS takes them back to kings of the comsole world. Sure, causal gaming is here in abundance but that is a fact and it is not going anywhere. Deal. Base don Nitendo's success it would not surprise me if other comapnies took a more casual approach.

AS for the issues raised - Graphics are irrelevant. We didn't complain about our SNES graphics did we? or NES for that matter? Didn't we all think that Resident Ecil on PS1 looked great? Would we say that now? No. Does it men we wouldn't play that game anymore? No. Anyone that says yes is an idiot. Retro gaming is huge at the moment (at least here in the UK) and that means old school games with old school graphics. I graphics on the 360 are amazing (never played a PS3 - don't really see the point as there are no games in there i would play bar new FF), and that is all good. I played Assassins Creed on my mates 360 the other day and it cetainly looks very nice, Boring as hell to play but it looks nice. I found myself playing 360 games and spend more time looking around than actually playing - that cannot be right? And to be honest this new HD hyper realistic graphical worls is possibly leading to dumber games. All style and no substance.

Online gaming - not interested. As far as i care if i can play someone online then cool - i don't need to be able to talk to them or anything, just play them. For me multiplaying is getting the gang round, having a few beers and having a laugh - really do not have much time for playing against strangers.
    This is my opinion of course and therefore nintendo's current status doesn't bother me. Mario Kart and Brawl are likely to see an improvement on this front though.

3 - Third party support - isn't this picking up now? Square are almost desserting Sony (losing dragonquest to the DS has gotta be hurting Sony), RARE (IMO) wish they cold return to Ninty, EA are giving great games and now that the wii is the biggest selling of the three, third party games will heat up. Also, third party (or lack thereof) is less hard to deal with when you have first party games made by the best game creators ever (Arguable i know but come on, overall Nintendo has made the best games). Interestingly how much first party support i there on the PS3 and 360 (genuinely do not know) nothing really screams MICROSFT or SONY anymore (expcept Halo). Also it is about exclusive titles to an extent as multi system games are generally below par as devlopers get lazy - regardless of power and remotes and the like, it is just easier to mass priduce average stuff over like 7 platforms.

i forget part 4 - was it about AI etc and CPUs - not interested.

Also a lot of posts go on about the media capabilities of the PS3 and 360 and how great that is - 2 words people GAMES CONSOLE. Nintendo is all about the gaming. And the fact that i can surf the net reasoanbly well on my Wii and look at my photos form my digi camera is an added bonus but nothing I cannot do on my laptop. The Blu Ray player is a good argument but with the PS3 being a part of Blu Ray's success i am worried that SOny will lose out to HD DVD after the relatively bad first year for the PS3.

Overall enjoy your console, enjoy them all, don't dalg them off for no reason. The orignal post here was reasoanbly good but was it really worth it? It was clearly gonna lead to Wii bashing and general crap so can we just leave it? Nintendo = gaming (and stil lhardcore) it always ahs, we know this , we love them for it. Leave them alone. Casual gaming is the future people. i hate that as mcuh as anyone but if it is good casual gaming then so be it. Also Wii = variety not FPS, driving game, bad GTA clone et al. Mature and realistic don't equal good peeps.

Adios

Member #
    Friends
    2882-9149-7173-3516
    what's with the pseudo debate threads with their pathetic attempt at a witty graphic and title?

everyone knows wii's downfalls.

be daring, be different, be impractical,
    be anything that will assert integrity of purpose
    and imaginative vision against the play-it-safers,
    the creatures of commonplace, the slaves of the ordinary.

Member #
    Friends
    5873-1290-1753-2112
    Wow, this thing is full of typos!
    Quote Originally Posted by owlsgo
    what's with the pseudo mega ultra debate argue threads with their pathetic attempt at a witty graphical graphic and title?

everyone knows wii's my downfalls.
    1. Why on Earth are you going to bash my art? Isn't it my choice to put a lame picture to a lame thread? Does it offend you? Are you offended?

Jeese.
    GAME OVER

Member #
    Friends
    some people need to learn how to read before posting...

anyways, graphics and power and what not doesnt matter to me at all. gameplay is all that i care about. anything thats gonna keep me playing for more than a week is worth getting to me. the wii is just so darn entertaining! idk. of course there are days where you just dont feel like having to move your arms all around to play a game, and thats when the 360 comes into play! i like them both the same, and they are equally entertaining to me. but idk graphics and that doesnt come into my decision of a system to buy.

However, one thing i am looking foward to/hoping for in the Wii is a good online for Brawl and Mario Kart, and hopefully a new Mario Party game that will have online capabilities. those three games online will just expand the greatness of the Wii. but like ive already said, i do not buy systems based on online capabilities or graphical power. its all about entertainment. To me, basing a decision on specific topic is selling yourself short.
    ThE QuI3t ThInGs ThAt No0nE eV3R Kn0wS

And Ill Scream With A Thousand Voices...
    I AM SANE.
    I AM SANE.

Xbox 360 Online Gamertag - Number1Newb

Member #
    Friends
    6069-9016-3559-6279
    Quote Originally Posted by JCpackers05
    some people need to learn how to read before posting...

anyways, graphics and power and what not doesnt matter to me at all. gameplay is all that i care about. anything thats gonna keep me playing for more than a week is worth getting to me. the wii is just so darn entertaining! idk. of course there are days where you just dont feel like having to move your arms all around to play a game, and thats when the 360 comes into play! i like them both the same, and they are equally entertaining to me. but idk graphics and that doesnt come into my decision of a system to buy.

However, one thing i am looking foward to/hoping for in the Wii is a good online for Brawl and Mario Kart, and hopefully a new Mario Party game that will have online capabilities. those three games online will just expand the greatness of the Wii. but like ive already said, i do not buy systems based on online capabilities or graphical power. its all about entertainment. To me, basing a decision on specific topic is selling yourself short.
    Absolutely impossible.

Brawl Punching Bag

Chibi Asuka!!
    ------

Spoiler Alert!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Ads