LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by AtomicB
    Yeah, some of us don't have jobs yet. That money needs to go to the games. I can't afford a $1000 PC for online gaming. And I should have to.

Online seems like some sort of gimmick to you because you have the best of both worlds. Some of us just have Wii.
    So what you want is a pay service like Live on your Wii then right? I mean you don't have money did you expect to get some thing like live for free?

Online is a gimmick if I want to play some double dragon. Online is a gimmick if I want to play almost every other game with the people that are actually at my house. Now Ad hoc or a some thing that uses lan play would be sweet but I really don't miss online play on the consoles mainly because of the style of game play I want to play.
    Last edited by WiitnessID; 12-07-2007 at 12:57 PM.

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    5873-1290-1753-2112
    NO ONE in my house plays games but me. ALL my friends live out of my neighborhood.
    I'm more willing to pay $24 a month than I am $1000 dollars at once.

Most people want to play games that were made after the 90's. You're a special case. I'm fairly sure Nintendo's market isn't "WiitnessID".

I don't know anyone who would rather have no online because they think it's a gimmick. Heck, I don't know anyone who thinks it's a gimmick.

I think it passed 'gimmick' 5 years ago.
    GAME OVER

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Budo
    We all know how PC gaming ended up? What exactly does that mean? Didn't Crysis, The Orange Box, World of Warcraft (expansion pack coming up - which I may add usually adds more content then most full retail games), Starcraft II, Left 4 Dead, etc. Just because you're not in the loop anymore (I know you're going to say you are) on PC gaming, and completely jumped ship to consoles, doesn't mean that every PC gamer has. Now look at the Wii's lineup for next year, and look at the companies producing them. I think one company has 5 games coming out within a week of each - you know those are going to be quality, heh; it's not just the one company, there a few like that.

So you don't want online, because you personally don't need it? What about people without PC's? What about them? And if you aren't against having online play on the Wii as an option, why even have this paragraph in the first place? Basically what you're saying is that you DO enjoy online gaming, but because you have other means to enjoy it, you feel it should be dropped from Wii games... nice.

I'm not going to comment on the rest, because - no offense - for a read this long, you really should have typed it up better. I've had to re-read a lot of your sentences many times in order to understand what you're saying, and even then it's just a guess.

See, it's stuff like this. Did you even think about what you were typing? Honestly now, "without gimmicks like... down loadable content." But in the sentence directly PRECEDING that comment, you go on about the Wii's VC downloadable online content?

Sorry I was in a rush... I have other stuff to do and I will correct later.

I'll be to the point. If you got a Wii why can you not get an xbox 360? Why can't a 500-300 dollar laptop not play online games?

Also too sorry for the long post but I'm very much in the loop with PC games and I'm looking forward to the annual games from Epic and ID software along with valve. You see what I did there right? I'll only be buying like 6 games tops on the PC and they are all from the same guys unless konami changes their mind on PC support and puts MG on there. If it doesn't happen I'll just get a PS3 then!

No offense taken as I should have been working on something else rather than typing that! There is so much to say though. You guys are right to rag on them but why keep beating a dead horse it's not going to go any faster.

Basically I'm saying that you guys have choices other than the Wii and those choices will cost you money either way it goes. It can be the price of an xbox 360 and live or the price of a nice PC gaming rig, you choose. To the people who can't afford either did you want this stuff for free? I mean you get what you pay for why cry about it? Console developers don't have sponsors like nvidia to throw money their way. Yes hardware manufactures do do this! And if it is not money then it is ungodly tech support which is a developers wet dream. A 50 dollar profit is very different from a 300-400 dollar profit they make on video cards.

To me nintendo has listened and started to put online into their games yet it may not have all the bells and whistles but stop and think how much money was put into these features and the bug testing involved! Online and a service like Live is not a small task and as much money as nintendo is making they are still no MS. Hell even SONY is having a hard time matching what MS is doing yet they have more money to throw around. Play MS's game and you will not win.

Face it nintendo is a small fish making a big splash compared to what MS and SONY could both do. Maybe this is not true for SONY as the are in a lot of debt but they have other ways to pay for such things.

Online is in games right now...LOL with friend codes which actually is no different than typing in a server for my favorite online game in my eyes. It's a pain yet it is there. Yet then again I don't use my Wii for that any way mostly. Also too the funny thing is if I get an box 360 it will not be for online games unless I get into racing sims or if SF4 has a really sick online set up.

Really the VOIP is not needed and hasn't been needed by me for a long long time since I started playing online.

I guess the graphic hype for me is over since the games we play are still pretty limited and I want at least 800,000 polygons per character. Can it be done? Well we went from 400 to 5000 to 20,000- 60,000 on the HD systems including PC which actual has around 100,000 if you look in the right places. I look forward to the next gen because each console and even the PC have all moved forward in some way. It may not be paying off for every one right now but it will. UT3 will hopefully get a lot of you playing a PS3 also.

Also too why do I have to job off the PC boat to play console games? I grew up playing them and thats what I've always liked. I simply go where the games go, why have loyalty? It doesn't make my games any funnier. But why sit there and hate some thing because it clearly is not what you want?

So many bitter gamers!

Member #
    Friends
    5873-1290-1753-2112
    I should excuse bad business moves because of how much money went into them?

Since when is life sympathetic?
    GAME OVER

Member #
    Friends
    NO ONE in my house plays games but me. ALL my friends live out of my neighborhood.
    I'm more willing to pay $24 a month than I am $1000 dollars at once.

Most people want to play games that were made after the 90's. You're a special case. I'm fairly sure Nintendo's market isn't "WiitnessID".

I don't know anyone who would rather have no online because they think it's a gimmick. Heck, I don't know anyone who thinks it's a gimmick.

I think it passed 'gimmick' 5 years ago.
    Nope it's still a gimmick... why do I say this? Who still plays quake 3 team arena? you can't play it with bots but I can play some old sonic games all day. So I wonder whats going to happen to halo1 and 2 now that 3 is out? Who is playing it now? Yes people play online games on PC for years but is that the case with consoles? So I don't know if I can't boot up a game and have fun with out online then why is it not a gimmick?

I understand where you are coming from though and I'm maybe a lot older than you. My online play really started in college and grad school. I miss the one player two player games. I'm actually part of the mark nintendo calls the lapse gamer and I once had a hate love fan based thing with nintendo, but after what happened to Sega I'm just happy they are still in the game because I like what console uses to be. I mean the PS2 is full of games that didn't really need online play and the console before that really didn't NEED it either. This is my point why do we need it now?

It seems a lot of you guys have internet friends and thats the cool place to hang out which explain why My space is a hit and Home is so loved by PS3 fans.

Thanks for bringing this to my attention because I rarely meet my friends online and have many gaming buddies in other parts of the world due to my PC gaming. Yet when you add the retro gamer which played a wider variety of games and the casual gamer up together suddenly you can see why so many people are getting a Wii. Also too just looking at some of the post here I'm not sure if I would even put you guys on my friend list if I had an xbox 360 as it's ok to joke and be rude but you guys really do operated like this daily it seems..

Well hating it won't make it better it will just make you bitter. Most Wii haters are around 15-25 is my guess with 26-and over being all lapse gamers. Am I right? Also too they are moving in the right direction but hating on them will not make them move any faster.

Hate will just make them forget about you and move on to better stuff like making money. You have to remember that same hate produced the Wii and the GC. Their are two typs of systems on the market right now console (DS PSP and Wii) and quasi PCs(xbox 360, PS3). Which group is doing better? I think I'm going to get a PSP soon too!

Nintendo is doing just fine let them keep pushing systems how ever they have to. The 3rd parties will come around and hell online may even get better?

Well gotta go-

Member #
    Friends
    5873-1290-1753-2112
    1. I. Hate. Myspace.
    2. The reason online games die out is because better ones are made. The cycle of life. The only way online gaming could be a gimmick is if it almost completely died out. Contrary, it's growing.

3. Yes. I spend most of my day at the computer. I'll admit that, but less browsing the web and more animating and making music.

4. You're an individual. There aren't many out there like you. People like me are a dime a dozen. The general mind of the public we call man kind agrees that while not essential, online game-play is better than none.

Just like the general mind is democratic.
    The general mind is pro-homosexuality.
    The general mind is against the war.
    The general mind is sarcastic and uncaring, often.
    The general mind thinks it's different, when really, every single blasted one one of us is almost exactly the same.

It's just two sides of a coin. You, you're showing individuality as far as your game opinions go. Now it could be because of your age. It could just be how you were raised, or maybe an idle opinion. But what ever it is, you aren't part of the majority as far as the entertainment industry goes.

That's a good thing.
    GAME OVER

Member #
    Friends
    I should excuse bad business moves because of how much money went into them?

Since when is life sympathetic?
    What is bad business moves and when did you become a share holder? I'm not sure what is bad business the whole industry is out doing all expectations, except the PS3 domination one!

If you want a Wii live then email nintendo! I can't help you there nor can any one on here since we don't work for them. If you really want to pay 24 dollars for some thing like live then let them know!Nintendo has already patterned with some online company over in japan to provide demos and other stuff so really be a constructive consumer and email them! I don't think nintendo will pass up a change to make 24 extra dollar for some thing they already provide for free minus the other bells like VOIP and AIM for consoles.

Really turn you hate into a voice no one hears you here we are just gamers playing games and getting all pissy about said games apparently.

Really put reggie to work! tell him to call up AT&T or some one or the cable people!

I mean MS has been designing server software for years! I don't know any thing from nintendo that run a SQL server reliably. This is part of MS DNA... and gaming is part of Nintendo's. Make your choices more wisely next time or either start a web site and wake Reggie up at all hours of the night!

There are xbox 360 what ever version at the game stop right now for 250 used! Trade that Wii in or sell it! You could always get another one from the profit!

Stop crying and do some thing constructive! Sorry to be harsh but other fans need to unite with you and be more constructive. I mean if you really are hard core then do the hard core thing and send nintendo real mail and email! The code name was Revolution and revolutions get no where if all you do is complain! I'm not here to argue and was actually just wondering whats going on in the fan site for the Wii. Really if it wasn't for the complaints being heard by nintendo then I don't think we would have online any thing right now.

Ok go to go for real this time! Nice talking to you guys! Good luck!

Member #
    Friends
    most of the 1st post points are correct "wii is the best system that i own" or "wii graphics are not bad"......

also, i agree that it could have been better, also you cannot say that the online of wii is "terrible".....i think it's ok, and it's getting better and better as it seems.....

also, the topic's title.."Wii Fail At Life",
    but it won't fail in sales, success and so on....
    i'm pretty sure that xbox360 will soon be on the bottom, after 2 years (about) when ps3 gets even cheaper...
    conclusion: clear demand for nintendo, very low demand for sony....

Member #
    Friends
    1. I. Hate. Myspace.
    2. The reason online games die out is because better ones are made. The cycle of life. The only way online gaming could be a gimmick is if it almost completely died out. Contrary, it's growing.

3. Yes. I spend most of my day at the computer. I'll admit that, but less browsing the web and more animating and making music.

4. You're an individual. There aren't many out there like you. People like me are a dime a dozen. The general mind of the public we call man kind agrees that while not essential, online game-play is better than none.

Just like the general mind is democratic.
    The general mind is pro-homosexuality.
    The general mind is against the war.
    The general mind is sarcastic and uncaring, often.
    The general mind thinks it's different, when really, every single blasted one one of us is almost exactly the same.

It's just two sides of a coin. You, you're showing individuality as far as your game opinions go. Now it could be because of your age. It could just be how you were raised, or maybe an idle opinion. But what ever it is, you aren't part of the majority as far as the entertainment industry goes.

That's a good thing.
    Can you really say you are part of that crowd and still use this tag?
    "Atomic Bucket. Slowly becoming fed up with humanity."
    Also too the general mind is Pro Wii right now. You should say the majority though. There is no such thing as a general mind as we are not clones yet we do think the same a lot. You just name the characteristics of sheep almost, not saying you are but it's really close.

I know I'm different from most of the new comers and that fine by me because I'm not so bitter at gaming and as gamers we got it good, if you have the money that is.

Really be more democratic and use your voice where it matters. I'm just a fan of gaming and could easily defend having a xbox or PS3 even though I don't want one right now as they are all good game systems!

Now really I gotta go LOL Peace man.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Ads