Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Quote Originally Posted by paintba||er
    Why is it interesting.....it seems to be exactly what you would expect......

you would expect a roughly 15% mature game ratio from nintendo??? not me

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Quote Originally Posted by CantGetAWii
    Galaxy is rated E.
    Don't really see a bunch of cartoon characters running around there.

Not all E games have cartoon characters, a lot of them do but not all.

HOLY SH|T...I SAID YOU CAN GET BORED OF SEEIN CARTOON CHARACTERS...i NEVER said all E games are that way

Member #
    Mormonville, Utah XBL GamerTag: sheise PSNID: sheise
    Friends
    8354-0173-2009-5422
    Quote Originally Posted by Bliss
    you would expect a roughly 15% mature game ratio from nintendo??? not me
    Umm.....where the hell did you get that number? According to the link you gave, the Nintendo console with the highest percentage of M rated games is the GC, which only has 7.5% of it's games rated M. The Wii comes in with a measly 3.2%.
    ++++++[>++++++++++<-]>+.<+++[>++++<-]>+.<+++++[>+++++++<-]>++.++++.<+++[>---<-]>--.<+++++[>----------<-]>--------.<+++++++++++++[>++<-]>.<+++++[>+++++<-]>.<++++[>++++<-]>+..<++[>----<-]>-.<++[>+++++<-]>.

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Quote Originally Posted by paintba||er

Umm.....where the hell did you get that number? According to the link you gave, the Nintendo console with the highest percentage of M rated games is the GC, which only has 7.5% of it's games rated M. The Wii comes in with a measly 3.2%.
    OMG big deal i got the numbers wrong..numbers still low no matter wat.. but still u didnt answer wat i said...would u want the ratio that low?????????

Member #
    Friends
    3099-0319-5478-2979
    HOLY SH|T...I SAID YOU CAN GET BORED OF SEEIN CARTOON CHARACTERS...i NEVER said all E games are that way
    HOLY CAP LOCKS.

Oh fixed it, sorry about that, and no need for the language there bud.
    I was simply stating not all E games have cartoon characters.

But also, if all your seeing is cartoon characters, your playing the wrong games.
    Your little pie chart for the Wii shows a decent amount of T games as well as some M games. Its not like your forced to played Barnyard and Cars all the time.

And if the Wii's selection is that bad for your taste buy another console then.
    Personally I find the selection good, and find myself playing good games every day.

Again this isn't entirely directed at you, but other Wii owners as well who seem to complain from time to time.

CantGetAWii
    ProudWii60Owner

'I don't want to go back, I want a new day & age.'

Retired Moderator-[PM]

Brawl FC: 4682-8172-0512 [PM for add]
    Quote Originally Posted by Sumn0ob
    So all we have to do to become mods is be online all time I can do that on break which is now

Member #
    Friends
    8354-0173-2009-5422
    OMG big deal i got the numbers wrong..numbers still low no matter wat.. but still u didnt answer wat i said...would u want the ratio that low?????????
    That isn't what you asked. You asked if I would expect that. I wouldn't expect 15%, thats too high for something from Nintendo. I did expect the ratio to be that low. It isn't extremely surprising that Nintendo consoles don't have M rated games. I would prefer that the ratio was higher, but that doesn't look like its going to change anytime soon.
    ++++++[>++++++++++<-]>+.<+++[>++++<-]>+.<+++++[>+++++++<-]>++.++++.<+++[>---<-]>--.<+++++[>----------<-]>--------.<+++++++++++++[>++<-]>.<+++++[>+++++<-]>.<++++[>++++<-]>+..<++[>----<-]>-.<++[>+++++<-]>.

Member #
    Friends
    4496-9128-1304-3457
    Gamasutra, also known as Gamedeveloper Magazine publishes the most accurate info on the game industry. It's a great place to learn the top 20 all time highest selling games. Enjoy guys.

1. Mario (Nintendo): 193 million
    2. Pokemon (Nintendo): 155 million
    3. Final Fantasy (Square Enix): 68 million
    4. Madden NFL (Electronic Arts): 56 million
    5. The Sims (Maxis/Electronic Arts): 54 million
    6. Grand Theft Auto (Rockstar): 50 million
    7. Donkey Kong (Nintendo): 48 million
    8. The Legend of Zelda (Nintendo): 47 million
    9. Sonic the Hedgehog (Sega): 44 million
    10. Gran Turismo (Sony): 44 million
    11. Lineage (NCsoft): 43 million
    12. Dragon Quest (Square Enix): 41 million
    13. Crash Bandicoot (Sony/Vivendi): 34 million
    14. Resident Evil (Capcom): 31 million
    15. James Bond (Various Companies): 30 million
    16. Tomb Raider (Eidos Interactive): 30 million
    17. Mega Man (Capcom): 26 million
    18. Command & Conquer (Westwood Studios/Electronic Arts): 25 million
    19. Street Fighter (Capcom): 25 million
    20. Mortal Kombat (Midway): 20 million

Member #
    Friends
    No surprises here. Now that I'm 18, I pay no attention to the ESRB rating because I don't care. If a game is good, I'll buy it. I'm not superficial enough to worry about whether a game is M-rated or not because ratings don't show the whole picture. Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn is rated E-10 (I think) yet it's a pretty mature game. But someone who was shallow would judge FE10 as "kiddy". Zach and Wiki is rated E but the gameplay and difficulty is suitable for mature gamers. Metroid Prime 3 is only rated T (the same as Brawl). No More Heroes, rated M, looks as fun as hell.

So yeah, I don't care. Probably the reason why games on Nintendo consoles are mostly E-rated is because the shovelware are rated that.
    Now playing: Phoenix Wright, Picross
    Wishlist: No More Heroes, SSBB, Disaster: DOC, Fire Emblem DS, Tales of Symphonia 2
    UGa football (11-2): Sugar Bowl Champs

Member #
    Friends
    1234-1234-1234-1234
    cool pie charts explains a lot but ratings dont matter to me unless a game like GTA was a E
    PS3 now, sorry Wii. You gather dust.

Member #
    Friends
    8354-0173-2009-5422
    Quote Originally Posted by RedProdigy
    No surprises here. Now that I'm 18, I pay no attention to the ESRB rating because I don't care. If a game is good, I'll buy it. I'm not superficial enough to worry about whether a game is M-rated or not because ratings don't show the whole picture. Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn is rated E-10 (I think) yet it's a pretty mature game. But someone who was shallow would judge FE10 as "kiddy". Zach and Wiki is rated E but the gameplay and difficulty is suitable for mature gamers. Metroid Prime 3 is only rated T (the same as Brawl). No More Heroes, rated M, looks as fun as hell.

So yeah, I don't care. Probably the reason why games on Nintendo consoles are mostly E-rated is because the shovelware are rated that.
    I agree mostly, but sometimes you just want to go blow the shit out of something, and that obviously isn't going to happen in an E rated game.

Ads