+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Waiting For Tomorrow largedarry's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    8861-8821-7046-6197
    Quote Originally Posted by paintba||er

I agree mostly, but sometimes you just want to go blow the shit out of something, and that obviously isn't going to happen in an E rated game.
    But you could easily get to go blow shit up in a T game. You don't need a game rated M to go destroy stuff.
    "There are many causes that I am prepared to die for but no causes that I am prepared to kill for." Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi

"I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am."

Quote Originally Posted by LiquidD
    I wish everyone would read the damn manual instead of posting a post about a dumbass question like the one asked in this thread.

Member #
    Mormonville, Utah XBL GamerTag: sheise PSNID: sheise
    Friends
    8354-0173-2009-5422
    Quote Originally Posted by largedarry
    But you could easily get to go blow shit up in a T game. You don't need a game rated M to go destroy stuff.
    Ya, but its not as satisfying. In T games it will most likely be some fictitious creature that fades into the ground when it dies, or something with fruity purple blood. In a M rated game you can kill something that actually exists, (humans) and watch little pieces of them splat on the wall.
    ++++++[>++++++++++<-]>+.<+++[>++++<-]>+.<+++++[>+++++++<-]>++.++++.<+++[>---<-]>--.<+++++[>----------<-]>--------.<+++++++++++++[>++<-]>.<+++++[>+++++<-]>.<++++[>++++<-]>+..<++[>----<-]>-.<++[>+++++<-]>.

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Quote Originally Posted by paintba||er

Ya, but its not as satisfying. In T games it will most likely be some fictitious creature that fades into the ground when it dies, or something with fruity purple blood. In a M rated game you can kill something that actually exists, (humans) and watch little pieces of them splat on the wall.
    finally something i can agree with u on

Member #
    Friends
    First off I would like to thank Bliss for the presentation of ESRB ratings breakdown. I don't think there was ever a doubt that Nintendo has got a primary focus on E rated games, much the same as Disney has for G rated films. I applaud Nintendo for the commitment and as a parent I feel much more comfortable allowing my daughter access to the Wii. I know that the games she will be playing, for the most part, will be acceptable for her.

Now with regard to Sony and Microsoft I am glad to see that both of their platforms support a good balance of games for all age ranges making them more well rounded.

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Quote Originally Posted by cgbolton1
    First off I would like to thank Bliss for the presentation of ESRB ratings breakdown. I don't think there was ever a doubt that Nintendo has got a primary focus on E rated games, much the same as Disney has for G rated films. I applaud Nintendo for the commitment and as a parent I feel much more comfortable allowing my daughter access to the Wii. I know that the games she will be playing, for the most part, will be acceptable for her.

Now with regard to Sony and Microsoft I am glad to see that both of their platforms support a good balance of games for all age ranges making them more well rounded.
    Your welcome, glad i can help u see which console is right for ur children

Member #
    Friends
    4551-8336-3359-2529
    cmon more Mature ratings!

i want more blood and cussing ><

dont mess wit a name u cant read n%bz

Myspace = LBezze.

Xbox 360 = i7cx1Ci
    GOW, Halo 2/3, Oblivion, Bioshock, COD3/4, Mass Effect, Halo Wars, UT3, GTA IV, Quake Wars, Assassins Creed,, RE5, Fight Night 3, Maddon 08
    Wii
    Wario Ware, Zelda TP, SMG, MOH2 = LaMe Ass FPS xD

Xfire = LBezze

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    "When I stopped being a child, I put away childish things, including the fear of being thought childish, and the over strong desire to be grown-up"

A quote many could learn from.

One of the core problems in Gaming, at this time, is that many gamers feel like they aren't allowed to enjoy 'kids' games. If you like Pokemon and you're over 12 something is wrong with you, If you like animal crossing something is wrong with you, if you like games where the conflict is friendly something is wrong with you.
    They have this mind set that, somehow, only games with gritty content, games that center around Hard Conflict, have merit. Mario is just a silly game, but in Halo/Medal of Honor/WWII game #489845/Grand Theft Auto:Newark I'm fighting for my life/honor.

So, consoles that don't show a decent presence of M and high violence T games get looked down on, because many gamers are just to insecure to say, "Yes, I'm 27 and I play Pokemon, because it's fun".

Edit: This is not to say that I don't LIKE M games. I do. I love crashing my Vespa into all parts of Vice City... I love head shots that pop people like balloons. I'm just saying that, contrary to the attitude of many of my 'peers', a game doesn't need to be violent to be good.
    Last edited by TiwazTyrsfist; 12-04-2007 at 02:00 PM.
    Pokemon Diamond: Name:Sif FC:3952 3555 4891

Now Trading 1st, 3rd, & 4th gen starters, Phione, Rotom, Porygon, Dratini, Kecleon, Feebas, Castform, Tyrogue, and anything else I can breed.

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Quote Originally Posted by TiwazTyrsfist
    Grand Theft Auto:Newark I'm fighting for my life/honor.
    ".
    i like that title..maybe Brooklyn instead on Newark

No but i agree with that but there are times when u need to unload, esp. after a hard day of work or school for some of u and u just wanna relax have a beer and blow someones head off..

i have nothing against E rated games...its just that i feel now as i am growing older i feel nintendo should grow with me that all..

Holy Trinity of Nintendo devitek's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    6202-9304-2933-3293
    Nintendo has always had a sort of negative stance on the M rated games. Years ago, when the first Mortal Kombat was released on consoles, the SNES had the worst one. Not only was their no glorious red blood, but it just sucked to play overall. They've always been like this, trying to keep things somewhat "kid-friendly".

See, this is the thing: If you want the M-rated titles, look at the pie charts. They tell you what system to buy and what not to buy. When I bought the Wii, I knew it wasn't going to be a bloodfest. Well, trying to get a Wii can be a bloodfest, but that's a different story. I wasn't looking for M-rated games. Can we all just agree that Nintendo titles aren't and shouldn't be geared toward mature? Playing the Wii is like a little slice of childhood, and it's good that way.

Maybe when prices drop more I'll consider a PS3 purchase, but I still haven't seen enough games to interest me. Until then, let each company and each system play their respective roles. That's the great thing about these consoles--if you like a certain thing, you always have the option, the choice, to buy the console that matches your likes. And face it--some of us are just going to need more than one console to truly be happy.

Mario, Zelda, Metroid -- The Holy Trinity of Nintendo

Member #
    Friends
    2808-0927-1557-0457
    Wow thanks for the info man...really interesting

Brawl Friend Code
    2406-4799-0198
    If you add me make sure you PM me so we can play

Ads