LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 120

Thread: wii haters!?

  1. #101
    WiiChat Member Big_League_Slugger's Avatar
    Member #
    971
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Binghamton, NY but Florida at heart
    Posts
    773
    Friends
    4
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    0638-7157-7489-3737
    Quote Originally Posted by kmcheng
    forget it, man, people are brainwashed by HD graphic, think it is everything in game...

    and if Wii still have a traditional controller, forget it, it is going to drop dead, and nintendo's CEO will probably cry himself out. At the very least, I won't have a reason to buy it.

    I don't know about others, but for me, I would ask why I want to buy a console system? What new gaming experience that none others, non even PC games, can delivery? I mean, if they are the same old seating there and pressing buttons for hours, then why would I need a console system? For this question, only Wii has the answer - a completely new game playing structure.

    While sales number is not everything, it is a good indicator. Even $250 is not a lot, it still cost money. It is not like Nintendo is giving out Wii for free. There is a solid reason by Wii is sale like crazy, even after a whole year.

    Wii has A LOT of space for further development, it will take some time though. There are many type of old games that can have new way of playing in Wii that gamers have never think of. They are so stuck with pressing buttons for years, many of them don't like the idea of this new structure. But since Wii's game controlling structure is brand new, so it will take game developer (also gamers) a while to discover Wii's full potential.

    People aren't "brainwashed" by HD graphics. Its a nature progression of modern day life. Things get get bigger and better. (record,cassette,cd) More people are buying HDTVs and at some point they are are going to want to see everything in HD.

    Personally I don't think that the Wii is superior to the PS3 of Xbox360. There are reasons why the Wii is selling the way it is.

    1. Nintendo has opened their target audience to the very young to the extremely old. More people=More opportunity for sales.

    2. Nintendo under equiped the Wii to make it more affordable. Which will a parent chose, a system thats 249.99 with games that are 49.99 or a 349.99-399.99 sytem with games at 59.99. Don't get me wrong that was a smart price point. But I think it should have been 199.99.

    How long will the new casual gamer continue to play the Wii? How long will people want to move their arms? How long will the developers continue to put out really bad games? Is the Wii a Fad? These are all opinion questions but we will have actual answers in the next 2-3 years.

    My opinion is that sales are going to top out and will continue to sell well. With the Wii's good start it will finsh first unless 3rd parties continue to produce sub par titles. The PS3 holds it's own destiny in its hands. There main adavantage over the 360 is that the PS3 blu-ray for its games while the 360 uses dvd. In the end I believe that the Wii's main competeter will be the PS3. Keep in mind that my opinion will take a long time to play out. The wii probably has about a 6 year lifespan while the PS3 is supposed to be around for 10 years. It will be fun to watch.

    Happy Gaming


    PSN: Lou-igi
    Gametag:G8torNation

  2. Ads


  3. #102
    WiiChat Member kmcheng's Avatar
    Member #
    38455
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    98
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by Big_League_Slugger
    People aren't "brainwashed" by HD graphics. Its a nature progression of modern day life. Things get get bigger and better. (record,cassette,cd) More people are buying HDTVs and at some point they are are going to want to see everything in HD.

    Personally I don't think that the Wii is superior to the PS3 of Xbox360. There are reasons why the Wii is selling the way it is.

    1. Nintendo has opened their target audience to the very young to the extremely old. More people=More opportunity for sales.

    2. Nintendo under equiped the Wii to make it more affordable. Which will a parent chose, a system thats 249.99 with games that are 49.99 or a 349.99-399.99 sytem with games at 59.99. Don't get me wrong that was a smart price point. But I think it should have been 199.99.

    How long will the new casual gamer continue to play the Wii? How long will people want to move their arms? How long will the developers continue to put out really bad games? Is the Wii a Fad? These are all opinion questions but we will have actual answers in the next 2-3 years.

    My opinion is that sales are going to top out and will continue to sell well. With the Wii's good start it will finsh first unless 3rd parties continue to produce sub par titles. The PS3 holds it's own destiny in its hands. There main adavantage over the 360 is that the PS3 blu-ray for its games while the 360 uses dvd. In the end I believe that the Wii's main competeter will be the PS3. Keep in mind that my opinion will take a long time to play out. The wii probably has about a 6 year lifespan while the PS3 is supposed to be around for 10 years. It will be fun to watch.

    Happy Gaming
    I am not saying HD graphic is bad, it is just that HD have been overrated in games. I mean, for movie, all you do is to watch it, then of course HD is important. For game, you don't just watch it, you actually play it, so there are other factors besides HD graphics.

    Different console has different selling point (aka why should people pay money to buy it?). PS3 is for HD video and high tech, targets hard core gamers. Wii is for wide audiences, kids to elders can play. Xbox is for online, I think? This situation is quite "balanced" before, until the release of Wii, which shock the whole game world. So some gamers got upset by this situation.

    When playing a game, especially a console game, besides having fun, you also want to ask yourself a question: what are you looking for in a console game? HD graphic? Online play function? New technology? Multiple usage (pictures, music, game, movie...)? New innovation? etc.

    For this question, everyone are going to have different choice. For me, I would choose new innovation that no one think of before - I am tired of keep pressing buttons to play games (don't really have a choice for PC game). So, Wii is the answer for me.

    Like I said, because of this new structure in Wii, it is going to take game developers a while for them to understand that games can have a new way of playing.
    Medal of Honor Heroes 2 Persona: kmcheng
    Super Smash Bros. Brawl FC :1504-5674-8515

  4. #103
    WiiChat Member WiitnessID's Avatar
    Member #
    40057
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    452
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    @kmcheng

    Really it's not the HD thats WOWing people. It's the shaders and the all important normal mapping because with out this one feature the jump would not be as extreme as it seems. The Cell guys miscalculated this and they fixed it by sticking a RSX in there. I don't really think nintendo had this choice since the hardcore did such a good job of kicking it to the side. Plus to it seems japan was in the dark about this new trick. Yes HD is great but really the normal maps would look just as good in sd if not better! Well maybe thats a stretch.

    But really every one claiming people will get tired of the Wii can just look at the past. No one got tired of the PS2 and it still sales better than the PS3. After a certain amount of systems are sold developers and publishers take notice and it all starts with that whole ranking thing among them. We all know this.

    Yet what ever one is failing to realize is hell if casuals stop buying this system why would the hardcore not buy it? It has nintendo's games and VC games from console that we all could own! Hell I had a neo geo but never got my hands on some games and I don't want to buy another one! The hardcore play games first! Then the buy what they can afford which is a Wii until the PS3 can drop to PS2 prices.

    Better yet nintendo is actually catering to all markets and they are in better position to capture these markets. The real hardcore players don't care about resolution yet they do care about art and game play. The Whole HD thing is a tech heads wet dream. I mean really Blue ray big deal! I want the terabyte disk any way! Screw blue ray thats just another laser disk in my eyes! I'm not a fan of it and I have an HD tv. I digress... Nintendo has a market that no one else has and the have the retro market. Along with their staple of sure fire hits. They are leaving the door wide open to the 3rd parties for real hardcore games. The same was done with the DS. The whole 3rd parties don't like the nintendo stuff is a fan boy thing. When they let manhunt on that proved that they where no longer the old nintendo!

    Also too the controller made it easy for other to play yet how many of you can actually do the moves in MK:A or guilty gear with the remote. I can and so can the people that want to stay competitive with me during a match.If your good you can juggle way easier with motion controls! Hell I bet I could do some of the impossible to do moves with this set up now. If evolved correctly you could even alter a move based on how it was done. You can't do that with button presses. Stuff like that makes me way more happy because I see the limit of the HD systems on my PC every day. Crysis is cool yet way more boring than even halo some times!

    Maybe they made that stuff too hard yet the Wii mote could be the most hardcore controller interface we have every had. I think developers are not willing to push that end of things but the system is a great beginning.

    The money made for this system will leave a lasting impression on the industry and motion controls will no longer be ignored! The HD graphics where a given and really console have to hit a certain price point. Also too the Wii mote can be improved now by way of software calibration it seems! You may see what I'm talking about in about a year!

    Well got to go!

  5. #104
    WiiChat Member Arch0n's Avatar
    Member #
    40385
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    98
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    I love the Wii and all but I believe they would've done waaay better if they improved graphics at the loss of size, If they had made it the same size as the 360/ps3, and bulked up the graphics there would be no doubt, in anyone's mind that the Wii is the crowning achievement of 7nth generation consoles.

    P.S: Lol Wii isn't considered a word on this site (It gets a red line under it)

  6. #105
    WiiChat Member kmcheng's Avatar
    Member #
    38455
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    98
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    But if nintendo increase the price of Wii to $300, even 350 for HD, it may discourage people to buy.

    Like people said, Wii is selling crazily well, even after a whole year, and not much people are complaining about the non HD graphic, so nintendo won't bother.

    Most people, including me, play Wii not for the HD, they are for the new way of playing

    I have a friend who got a Olevia 32" LCD TV, play Wii in 480p def. I would say good enough. Dude, HD graphic, although good, but it is not the only factor in gaming. When will people get it?
    Medal of Honor Heroes 2 Persona: kmcheng
    Super Smash Bros. Brawl FC :1504-5674-8515

  7. #106
    WiiChat Member Big_League_Slugger's Avatar
    Member #
    971
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Binghamton, NY but Florida at heart
    Posts
    773
    Friends
    4
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    0638-7157-7489-3737
    Quote Originally Posted by kmcheng
    But if nintendo increase the price of Wii to $300, even 350 for HD, it may discourage people to buy.

    Like people said, Wii is selling crazily well, even after a whole year, and not much people are complaining about the non HD graphic, so nintendo won't bother.

    Most people, including me, play Wii not for the HD, they are for the new way of playing

    I have a friend who got a Olevia 32" LCD TV, play Wii in 480p def. I would say good enough. Dude, HD graphic, although good, but it is not the only factor in gaming. When will people get it?
    Nintendo said that it didn't do HD because the amount of people with HD tvs wasn't hight enough. I believe their next system will have HD.


    PSN: Lou-igi
    Gametag:G8torNation

  8. #107
    All Mighty Dubb's Wii's Avatar
    Member #
    27802
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    So. Cal.
    Posts
    210
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    7500-4049-1798-0971
    ^ Ya think. That will probably be around 2010, so yeah. It should. HD signal will be the standard then for broadcast television
    HAPPY HOLIDAYS FROM Dubb's Wii

    a sig designed by FRuMMaGe
    Dubb's Wii : 7500 4049 1798 0971
    Guitar Hero 3 Code : 210570817462

  9. #108
    WiiChat Member kmcheng's Avatar
    Member #
    38455
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    98
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by Big_League_Slugger
    Nintendo said that it didn't do HD because the amount of people with HD tvs wasn't hight enough. I believe their next system will have HD.
    true
    unless you are happen to get a new TV these years, otherwise people are going to stick with the old CRT TV until it is out of order, at most with a digital box for digital broadcasting later on.
    Medal of Honor Heroes 2 Persona: kmcheng
    Super Smash Bros. Brawl FC :1504-5674-8515

  10. #109
    WiiChat Member zap'em up's Avatar
    Member #
    40338
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    274
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    i kno this hasnt been discussed in a few pages but
    it seems like the people who like the Wii are the only civilized gamers cuz i never see any wii fans trashing the ps3 or the xbox 360 its always them who trash the wii for being innovative. I understand if u dislike something but you dont need to freakin broadcast taht you hate the wii jus keep it to yourself and dont even talk about the wii. They just cant accept that the Wii brought a new style of gaming to the world and their basicly hating on the Wii because of that.
    And i dont want this to offend Xbox/ps3 fans i just wanted to state my opinion.

  11. #110
    WiiChat Member Karekiz's Avatar
    Member #
    32324
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    28
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    I am a "Wii Hater"! Everyday I scream at my Wii. My conversations:

    Me: I hate you Wii! Why aren't you HD with teh ubah l33t graphics! I like me some shinnies! Why don't you have Xbox's PC stolen third party support! All you have is crappy games like "Wii Sports"! Teh Xbox is the best Online. Yours SUX's and will NEVER get better! Who cares about Super Smash Bros. Brawl when Xbox has (Music please!) HALO! With the PS3 you get BLUE-RAY it's the FUTURE. All my geeky goodness of what a PC/Mac can do into a console OHHH YEAH! Super Mario Galaxy!? Pfft Rachet and Clank: FUTURE BABY! It was reviewed better on teh INTERNET by a GUY/GAL!

    Wii: Whirrrrrrr......shuts down.


    Me: YEAH YOU BETTER SHUT DOWN!

Ads

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Search tags for this page

wii haters

,

wii haters rant

Click on a term to search for related topics.